Props to McDermott haters!

Just now, Peter said:

You just don't like him.  His record as our HC belies your bias against him especially for the reasons I already mentioned. To illustrate your (and others') bias, if Rex had 15 defenders on the field, you would have crucified him.  Did you even mention it on this site when it happened to McCoach?!?

I hope McCoach gets a fair shot.

Rex is the worst kind of arse.  Marrone makes no bones about being an obtuse oaf. Rex is an obtuse oaf pretending to be a regular guy.  His Head Coaching record is taking a much more talented roster than this one in 2015 with a much softer schedule to a worse record.  His record is having a team that took more penalties than any Bills team in history.  That is his record.  It stunk.  I've said this to you before I am the last guy to call for Head Coaches to be fired.  Across the three major sports teams I support I have done it once - Rex Ryan. 

McDermott will get his fair shot because he is doing it the right way. 

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

Although I am not a hater, I am not his biggest fan.

I will say this.  McCoach has got to be about the luckiest guy in the world after today (playing against a QB I never heard of before this week and Andy Dalton converting a fourth down for the TD, etc.).

McCoach is MOST fortunate that he does not have to answer questions about the Bills not making the playoffs because he decided to start a rookie QB that was not nearly ready to play.

Having said all that, I am glad we finally have some luck.  It must be the luck of the Irish, I mean McCoach.

Well done.

Let's see how he does against St. Doug next week.

I didn't agree with starting Peterman against the Chargers either and it was clearly a disaster, but from what I saw of that game I think we would've lost with TT starting.

It's a popular opinion in the media and among my (non-Bills) friends, but IMO, tying that loss to what it took us to make the playoffs is flat out wrong.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Rex is the worst kind of arse.  Marrone makes no bones about being an obtuse oaf. Rex is an obtuse oaf pretending to be a regular guy.  His Head Coaching record is taking a much more talented roster than this one in 2015 with a much softer schedule to a worse record.  His record is having a team that took more penalties than any Bills team in history.  That is his record.  It stunk.  I've said this to you before I am the last guy to call for Head Coaches to be fired.  Across the three major sports teams I support I have done it once - Rex Ryan. 

McDermott will get his fair shot because he is doing it the right way. 

I am not going to belabor this, but this is yet another example of your bias.  Last week, I compared the penalty differential between this year and last year.  Guess which year we had the better differential.  I will give you three guesses and the first two do not count.

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

I didn't agree with starting Peterman against the Chargers either and it was clearly a disaster, but from what I saw of that game I think we would've lost with TT starting.

It's a popular opinion in the media and among my (non-Bills) friends, but IMO, tying that loss to what it took us to make the playoffs is flat out wrong.

I cannot say 100% we would have won, but I can say 100% that we would have had a much, much better chance.  I also can say 100% that we lost that game with Peterman because he was not ready and our HC should have known that.

29 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

McDs game management is sure signs of a rookie...

not kicking the field goal at the end of the half and going for two?????

Good hire, but much to learn.

you have to crawl before you can walk. as long as he learns along the way, I'll take a rookie HC winning 9 games and making the post season.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Rex Ryan is an idiot. He was on air saying the NFL forced him to play Sanchez. His defense was an unmitigated disaster. Defending him should qualify one for the asylum.

I guess I am insane then.

How could I possibly defend 15 defenders on the field . . . oh, oops, never mind.

I can't believe people bringing up Rex Ryan. That washed up coach on TV. He talked a good talk but never walked it. Then call a guy lucky for breaking a 17 year drought his first time up at bat. What am I reading.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I am not going to belabor this, but this is yet another example of your bias.  Last week, I compared the penalty differential between this year and last year.  Guess which year we had the better differential.  I will give you three guesses and the first two do not count.

Forget the differential.  The Bills Head Coach is not responsible for the penalties opponents commit.  Which team was penalised more?  McDermott's team or the clown's team? 

He should stick to booth... I mean he sucks at that too but at least he is only embarrassing himself on there and not a whole organisation. 

Just now, Lfod said:

I can't believe people bringing up Rex Ryan. That washed up coach on TV. He talked a good talk but never walked it. Then call a guy lucky for breaking a 17 year drought his first time up at bat. What am I reading.

You are absolutely right.  I loved the way McCoach converted that 4th down pass to beat the Ravens to get in the playoffs. It is all part of the process.

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

You are absolutely right.  I loved the way McCoach converted that 4th down pass to beat the Ravens to get in the playoffs. It is all part of the process.

It's not how you feel about McCoach that bothers me. He wasn't perfect at his first time being a head coach. He did what Rex couldn't do with all his experience. That's kinda funny. Sure things could of ended different. They didn't. Rex gets no love over McCoach tonight.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Forget the differential.  The Bills Head Coach is not responsible for the penalties opponents commit.  Which team was penalised more?  McDermott's team or the clown's team? 

He should stick to booth... I mean he sucks at that too but at least he is only embarrassing himself on there and not a whole organisation. 

Stop it. You are smarter than that.  Your bias is at least consistent.  

You have to look at games in context. It is all relative.

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I agreed with starting Peterman, but judging by the way the rest of the team played, there was no way they were winning with TT either.  There most likely wouldn't have been 5 INTs in teh 1st half, but a 1 point loss is still a loss.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

It's not how you feel about McCoach that bothers me. He wasn't perfect at his first time being a head coach. He did what Rex couldn't do with all his experience. That's kinda funny.

Start Peterman on the road against a monster pass rush? 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Stop it. You are smarter than that.  Your bias is at least consistent.  

You have to look at games in context. It is all relative.

So is your bias.  You are defending a man whose last winning season was almost a decade ago and is good at being bad.