Props to McDermott haters!

7 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It's not how you feel about McCoach that bothers me. He wasn't perfect at his first time being a head coach. He did what Rex couldn't do with all his experience. That's kinda funny.

As I said before, I am not a hater. He did get lucky though. There is something to be said for that.  On the one hand, McCoach should send Christmas cards to Andy Dalton for the rest of his life.  On the other hand, I am happy that us Buffalo fans have some luck, because, as I have said before:

If Buffalo didn't have bad luck, we would not have any luck at all. 

(To paraphrase Cream's "Born under a Bad Sign")

I am glad that we have some good luck because we certainly have had more than our fair share of bad luck.

Edited by Peter

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Start Peterman on the road against a monster pass rush? 

The end justified the means. It was a disaster I agree. I love a coach will make moves to win.

Edited by Lfod

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So is your bias.  You are defending a man whose last winning season was almost a decade ago and is good at being bad.

Again, you have to look at it in context.  He had the best record of any Buffalo Bills HC since Wade. He coached in the same division as the Pats.  I respect the fact that, when he had the opportunity to go to another division (Atlanta), he did not shy away from taking the Bills job and competing against Belichick and Brady. It also did not help that we had more than an Arsenal share of injuries last year and there were strategic leaks undermining him last year.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

As I said before, I am not a hater. He did get lucky though. There is something to be said for that.  On the one hand, McCoach should send Christmas cards to Andy Dalton for the rest of his life.  On the other hand, I am happy that us Buffalo fans have some luck, because, as I have said before:

If Buffalo didn't have bad luck, we would not have any luck at all. 

To paraphrase Cream's "Born under a Bad Sign")

I am glad that we have some good luck because we certainly have had more than our fair share of bad luck.

Nothing wrong with being critical of moves from a first time head coach. I wasn't exactly super confident it would turn out this way. First Coach to break the drought in 17 years has to count for something.

Just now, Peter said:

Again, you have to look at it in context.  He had the best record of any Buffalo Bills HC since Wade. He coached in the same division as the Pats.  I respect the fact that, when he had the opportunity to go to another division (Atlanta), he did not shy away from taking the Bills job and competing against Belichick and Brady. It also did not help that we had more than an Arsenal share of injuries last year and there were strategic leaks undermining him last year.

The 2015 roster was better than any roster since the drought started. He wasted it.  You give him way to much credit for the fact he came here.  He wasn't getting the Atlanta job.  They had identified a proper Head Coach for the job.

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The end justified the means. It was a disaster I agree. I love a coach will make moves to win.

happy with McDermott. But you say a loss justifies a playoff berth? good lord. I believer every competition says otherwise.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The 2015 roster was better than any roster since the drought started. He wasted it.  You give him way to much credit for the fact he came here.  He wasn't getting the Atlanta job.  They had identified a proper Head Coach for the job.

Not the guys that actually were healthy to play or were not suspended.  

Yes, I think he was getting the Atlanta job but for the owner's wife dying as I recall which delayed them and allowed the Bills to move in and hire him.

Edited by Peter

53 minutes ago, Magox said:

What a $hi77y post

Nothing $hi77y about it I am so grateful.  Watched the end of the game and couldn't believe how clutch they played after letting their foot off the Ravens throats

They had nothing to play for, except Dalton has built a rep as a bit of a end-season/playoff choke artist, and he came through big time today

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

I cannot say 100% we would have won, but I can say 100% that we would have had a much, much better chance.  I also can say 100% that we lost that game with Peterman because he was not ready and our HC should have known that.

Agreed. 

I've just heard too many remarks from media and friends assuming we would have won if TT started. We got killed that day by a hot team. But yup, starting Peterman was a gross and scary miscalculation by McD and staff. 

Good news for McD is he didn't lose the team. There were some great team moments this year like the Tate first down celebration against the Raiders and todays Kyle TD and celebration.

Just now, Peter said:

Not the guys that actually were healthy to play or were not suspended.  

in 2015?  Nope.  That was still the best roster.  2016 we had a lot of injuries.  I actually think he did a better job with the 7-8 2016 team than the 8-8 2015 team.  But ultimately over the two years he deserved the firing. 

36 minutes ago, Peter said:

Although I am not a hater, I am not his biggest fan.

I will say this.  McCoach has got to be about the luckiest guy in the world after today (playing against a QB I never heard of before this week and Andy Dalton converting a fourth down for the TD, etc.).

McCoach is MOST fortunate that he does not have to answer questions about the Bills not making the playoffs because he decided to start a rookie QB that was not nearly ready to play.

Having said all that, I am glad we finally have some luck.  It must be the luck of the Irish, I mean McCoach.

Well done.

Let's see how he does against St. Doug next week.

If there's a choice between lucky and good .... take lucky

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

happy with McDermott. But you say a loss justifies a playoff berth? good lord. I believer every competition says otherwise.

I understand the move. Dead last passing offense going into this game today. It was a calculated risk. It failed I won't argue that. 

Edited by Lfod

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am happy.  I can't talk beyond a rasp from screaming my throat out at the end of the Bengals game after the Bills won.  

But dude, beyond the happy.... you got to know luck was involved here.

Hes done the one thing for this team that no ones done since the last millennium. You’re gonna have to come to grips with that

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

I understand the move. Dead last passing offense going into this game today. It was a calculated risk. One that failed.

Oh did it fail? I barely noticed.. it was a dumb risk. Proof is in the pudding. God what a dumb argument.

I remember when that one team benched their 5-3 quarterback for a 5th round draft pick and won that risk. oh wait that was the Bills.

The Bengals had the lead for what most of the game? 

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Oh did it fail? I barely noticed.. it was a dumb risk. Proof is in the pudding. God what a dumb argument.

I remember when that one team benched their 5-3 quarterback for a 5th round draft pick and won that risk. oh wait that was the Bills.

3 points against the Panthers. 

Great season by McD. 

We are winning at home.  He is changing the culture. We got rid of dead weight Dareus, and cancerous Sammy. 

We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year, plus we have Kelvin Benjamin. 

Oh, yeah, the playoff drought ended and "the process" gains more credibility in the locker room ... were it counts. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1