Props to McDermott haters!

17 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hes done the one thing for this team that no ones done since the last millennium. You’re gonna have to come to grips with that

He has gotten us into the playoffs, despite all the personnel and game time decisions.  He gets mad props for that, no question.

It hinged on another team's 4th and 12 conversion to a TD with 50 seconds left.  In that sitch, it's not "he's good, period".  
You're gonna have to come to grips with the fact that means luck was involved.

Or not.  Doesn't bother me one way or another, though I'm hoping McD will grow on the job to the point that there's not luck involved, next year!!!!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Haha really? No, it was much much worse than Tyrod's loss.

More yards, more touchdowns, more win... He was so bad against the Saints they were willing to start Nathan Peterman the next week. That's how bad Tyrod is.

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Haha really? No, it was much much worse than Tyrod's loss.

If you said that starting Peterman was a bad move before it happened I can respect it. A few people on this board did and they were right. I just had the impression you were after the fact with the name and all. 

I guess all I really wanted was an appreciation of why he made the move. That's not gonna happen. Truth is the offense was offensive mostly all year and if your the type to ride out what you have and I'm the type to tinker. I can respect we have different views.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He has gotten us into the playoffs, despite all the personnel and game time decisions.  He gets mad props for that, no question.

It hinged on another team's 4th and 12 conversion to a TD with 50 seconds left.  In that sitch, it's not "he's good, period".  
You're gonna have to come to grips with the fact that means luck was involved.

Or not.  Doesn't bother me one way or another, though I'm hoping McD will grow on the job to the point that there's not luck involved, next year!!!!

I think you have basically captured it.  

While I appreciate the fact that McCoach and our team are in the playoffs, I trust that the process continues and he is not a finished product because the odds were certainly against us making the playoffs by Andy Dalton converting a 4th and 12 for a TD against the Ravens in Baltimore.  

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

If you said that starting Peterman was a bad move before it happened I can respect it. A few people on this board did and they were right. I just had the impression you were after the fact with the name and all. 

I guess all I really wanted was an appreciation of why he made the move. That's not gonna happen. Truth is the offense was offensive mostly all year and if your the type to ride out what you have and I'm the type to tinker. I can respect we have different views.

it really doesn't matter. It was a bad choice. and for the record I thought it was a bad choice. I really don't care what you thought I thought about it.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

I think you have basically captured it.  

While I appreciate the fact that McCoach and our team are in the playoffs, I trust that the process continues and he is not a finished product because the odds were certainly against us making the playoffs by Andy Dalton converting a 4th and 12 for a TD against the Ravens in Baltimore.  

Of course he isn't the finished product.  He is a 1st year Head Coach and he has made some mistakes, no doubt.  But the principles he has are the right ones, he is doing it the right way.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

And if that relative had been responsible for 15 defenders on the field, this site would have imploded.

I just know this. Rex is a big talker, it's a big part of who he is in public. When a guy like that fails to deliver, when the defense regresses, and when he goes out and hires his twin brother to elevate the play to top defense in the league...it's fair to expect him to deliver.  He didn't, and the bills moved on.  

McDermott delivered, at least for now.  After a such a long time walking in football darkness, why not just let the sun shine on your face for the next week or so? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

More yards, more touchdowns, more win... He was so bad against the Saints they were willing to start Nathan Peterman the next week. That's how bad Tyrod is.

And every other quarterback was bad "they" were willing to start Tyrod. FOR 14 GAMES lol. That shows how bad every other quarter back on the roster is. Think about the abslute dumb logic you are spewing.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

it really doesn't matter. It was a bad choice. and for the record I thought it was a bad choice. I really don't care what you thought I thought about it.

Yea, I knew there would be someone that was super salty they didn't get to make an "I told you so" thread.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I just know this. Rex is a big talker, it's a big part of who he is in public. When a guy like that fails to deliver, when the defense regresses, and when he goes out and hires his twin brother to elevate the play to top defense in the league...it's fair to expect him to deliver.  He didn't, and the bills moved on.  

McDermott delivered, at least for now.  After a such a long time in walking in football darkness, why not just let the sun shine on your face for the next week or so? 

Because people get entrenched in their egos, and fail to see their incorrect ideas.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

And every other quarterback was bad "they" were willing to start Tyrod. FOR 14 GAMES lol. That shows how bad every other quarter back on the roster is. Think about the abslute dumb logic you are spewing.

U mad bro lol

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Yea, I knew there would be someone that was super salty they didn't get to make an "I told you so" thread.

Careful man he seems super edgy. Don't need to trigger a Peterman rant in his dear diary.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Luka said:

U mad bro lol

I'm mad at stupidity. Happy at the Bills win.

I just don't like you.

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Careful man he seems super edgy. Don't need to trigger a Peterman rant in his dear diary.

I did that 5 picks ago. Out of my system.

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

I've had mixed feelings about McDermott but he has earned respect. I tip my hat to him.  It will be fun to see what happens next. 

McDermott is an enigma to me. He clearly has a lot going for him. We didn't have a great roster and yet we finished 9-7 and sneaked into the playoffs. But the people I know that know a lot of football agree that he makes horrible in game decisions. Repeatedly. I think so, too. The Peterman decision was awful. The choices of punts or field goals has been awful. The basic philosophies on both offense and defense have been extremely questionable. 

I love the guy for the Kyle Williams play I will never forget. But he seems to make a lot of good preparation decisions and a lot of bad in game decisions. A lot.