Your T-shirt collection

Bad Things

So... after putting it off for a long time, my wife finally succeeded in making me go through my old t-shirts to weed out the ones I rarely wear anymore.
I couldn't believe how flipping' old so many were and how many I actually owned!  Yikes.

I'm wondering... how many t-shirts do the rest of you guys own, and how old are the oldest ones that you still wear?

Let's go Buffalo!
Edited by Bad Things

I have about 70 tee shirts.  Just throughout 10 white ones yesterday to make room for the new white ones got for Christmas.   

Have dozen IUE CWA local 301 tee shirts    Have 6 GE orange safty tee shirts. 6 United way leader shirts. 

10 awesome car tee shirts from a TBD member in California that owns a tee shirt printing business. 

Lot  of colored tee shirts. 

Half dozen BILLS tee shirts  

2 awesome Armed and Hammered  tee shirts. 

I think the oldest t-shirts I have are one "Life Is Good," shirt that has a guy playing an acoustic and his dog sitting next to him.  Underneath is the word, "Harmony."  I'd say it's about 10 years old and it's got multiple tears along the seem of the collar.  but I still wear it around the house/to bed. The oldest t-shirt is from a bar in Niagara Falls, Canada, called "The Wild Mushroom." Awesome little joint with excellent wings.  Went there whilst honeymooning in 1999.  That shirt is in nearly pristine shape and I've worn it a billion times.  I guess it's a high quality t-shirt!

Image result for life is good harmony t shirt dog guitar

I have lots of T-shirts but never counted them.  Each year I typically go thru them and some of them my wife and daughter have worn - my wife still wears a T-Shirt of mine from more than 20 years ago.  My favorites (other than Bills ones of course) are the silk screened ones with animal prints I got in Hong Kong made in Thailand.  Never seen them for sale in US and I often get comments on them when I wear them at work.

4 hours ago, Wacka said:

Got one from about 1980 that I haven't been able to fit in for about 30-35 years  butI still have it in a drawer for sentimental reasons.

I'm the same. Bunch I don't wear, but hang onto them because of memories.

Of the top of my head, the oldest one I have that i still wear is a 1991 Lollapollooza Concert shirt (Toronto-Exhibition Stadium I think). Believe that was the first one, Jane's Addiction was the headliner.

I’ve got some more than 20 years old. I buy a tee at every concert I’ve been to, but those all get packed away with the ticket. One of these days I’d like to find a way to display them. 

Of my regular worn ones, I’d say a few around 10 years old. 

I've got a HUGE T-shirt collection..........my wife wants me to keep throwing them out, but she just doesn't "get it".

I've told all my family and friends that when i die, i don't want anyone dressing up........t-shirts and jeans, man.

My son just bought me a new Iron Maiden t-shirt for christmas.

You see........he "gets it".

20 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I’ve got some more than 20 years old. I buy a tee at every concert I’ve been to, but those all get packed away with the ticket. One of these days I’d like to find a way to display them. 

Of my regular worn ones, I’d say a few around 10 years old. 

Tee shirt quilt. My niece made one for a cousins daughter with all her tee shirts from playing softball. Something like 20 shirts.  

I wore a softball t-shirt for my daily treadmill exercise this morning from 1996 freshman year of college....still looks good. 

I have a Grateful Dead shirt from 2000 that I've worn a billion times, still looks new. 

Most of my shirts are older than my 11 year old kid.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I've got 25 yr old t shirts. 

About 100 of them

One of my favorites is the old MBNA Bills card tee. You'd sign up a card and get a shirt. I was like 13.

I have a stack of free towels from them.

I still have my T-shirt from the first TBD tailgate.

I have a high school football t-shirt from 1973. I don’t think I could fit into it but I’ll never throw it out. 

These days I find myself just wearing solid color t-shirts, but I have at least 20 souvenir t-shirts of various types. And I have a few old ones that I don’t care about that are good for yard work. I have a hard time explaining to my wife that a t-shirt that I don’t care about is useful and therefore valuable. The t-shirt paradox. 

On 12/30/2017 at 4:04 PM, Sweats said:

My son just bought me a new Iron Maiden t-shirt for christmas.

You see........he "gets it".

Nice! :beer:

I have no idea how many t-shirts I own, but it's a lot. They're all black, too. Mostly concert tees (everything from Sabbath/Purple/BOC to King Diamond/Ghost) and a lot of horror movie tees as well.

I have one that' pretty much just rags now, that's from Cassidy's - an old bar on main street that I believe burned a long time ago. I bought it in '79 or '80 - dark yellow print on black, advertising "Freddie's Special" - free shots after a spin of a roulette wheel.