How would you feel about Tony Romo?

Tipster19

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

During the game, 2nd half I believe, Tony Romo was very complimentary of the Bills. Trying to paraphrase but basically he thought the Bills have a great future, liked the coaching etc etc. at one point I felt that he had to hold back from criticizing the QB position. I wonder if he would be tempted to come out of retirement if he felt that he would be a good fit for a team. This is strictly based on nothing other than getting an impression that he thought very well of the Bills and the direction that they are taking.

yeah, he'd be great next to John Murphy.   Get er done pegs

• Like (+1) 1

I would be interested in him as a coach or offensive coordinator type.

I am really impressed by his intelligence as a color analyst.  Not just football IQ, though that seems high but his general intelligence seems high.  

His experience as a good QB on a good team very recently would give him an interesting relationship with whatever new QB we bring in.

Maybe we can hire him as "QB whisperer".  I think he'd be super good at that.

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I would be interested in him as a coach or offensive coordinator type.

I am really impressed by his intelligence as a color analyst.  Not just football IQ, though that seems high but his general intelligence seems high.  

His experience as a good QB on a good team very recently would give him an interesting relationship with whatever new QB we bring in.

Maybe we can hire him as "QB whisperer".  I think he'd be super good at that.

He could teach our new QB the finer points of....golf, for sure! That’s required QB stuff, right?

I too am intrigued by his intelligence and wonder if he can translate that into coaching. Not that it’s a better gig than the booth, but if he found it more rewarding.... he doesn’t need the money. 

1 hour ago, dlonce said:

No way. He has a great gig going on and is good at it. 

I love him as a QB,just will never happen.

Hes right,the Bills are up and coming. They are a QB and a couple decent players away from being really good.

1. Agreed

2. Not convinced yet.

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

During the game, 2nd half I believe, Tony Romo was very complimentary of the Bills. Trying to paraphrase but basically he thought the Bills have a great future, liked the coaching etc etc. at one point I felt that he had to hold back from criticizing the QB position. I wonder if he would be tempted to come out of retirement if he felt that he would be a good fit for a team. This is strictly based on nothing other than getting an impression that he thought very well of the Bills and the direction that they are taking.

I love Romo as an announcer.  I would watch whatever game he's calling.  (They must have told him to tone it down with predicting the play calling though)

If McDermott and Beane are sincere about building for the future, this is exactly the sort of move they can't make.  Romo, like Bradford, is one wrong hit or wrong fall away from another season-ending injury.  A team can't build around him or hang their hopes on him. 

For Romo personally, he's in Aaron Williams territory: for your own sake and the sake of your family, retire and stay that way

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

I made a post last week about pegula paying Romo whatever he wants to be an offensive coach for the bills. I'd be totally on board for that 

Romo doesn't need the money.

In the interview someone linked, Romo said that he has 3 sons (only 1 school-age) and it is special to him that he can be home during the day and focus on being a good Dad to his sons.  He's really got the perfect job for that - he can call in to pre-production meetings, he can watch video from his home office (he talked about having a 3 screen setup), he flies out, does a game, flies home.

If his head is still in the game, he might want to coach when his kids are older, and he'll have learned a huge amount from his opportunity of talking to different coaches week after week.  But you can't buy time with your kids growing up.

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Honestly he is a better commentator then he was QB. And I don't think he was that bad a QB. I just think with his injury history mixed with basically l, what 2 years of not playing...he's done. I would actually inquire if he's interested in coaching. I think he would do well grooming a young draftee.

14 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I love his game analysis.  to your question though, he will not come out of retirement.

14 hours ago, Luka said:

Nope. I love Tony, don't get me wrong. I think he is probably one of the most underrated QBs and is a great underdog story. His story would blend perfectly with Buffalo. But at this point, he's a liability not only to a team but to himself if he steps back onto the football field. You just never recover from back injuries.

Have to agree with this. To add upon it as well.....He has nothing left to prove to himself or to others about how good he is or was. He was an under rated QB, mainly because he took so many hits from bad offensive lines in front of him. He is an awesome commentator\analyst of the game, and his intelligence for the game really shines through. I can definitely see him on the sideline as a coach at some point as well. The risk i think is to great to get an injury that he could not come back from and live a normal life. Even if he wanted to play, I would hope for him not to just for that reason. There is only one QB that I would like to see go down in a blaze of glory and pain.....and we all know who that is.

15 hours ago, Luka said:

Nope. I love Tony, don't get me wrong. I think he is probably one of the most underrated QBs and is a great underdog story. His story would blend perfectly with Buffalo. But at this point, he's a liability not only to a team but to himself if he steps back onto the football field. You just never recover from back injuries.

Agree. Hell of an underdog story there.  I think thats why i always thought regular show was dope too. The show is madd underdog and was underrated