Playoff bind is about the Bengals loss - not the Chargers!

BobChalmers

32 minutes ago, Yav said:

Here's a good site that has up-to-date playoff pictures for all teams: 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/26/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture-week-17-trees.html

It's easier if the Bengals and Jags win, but still possible if the Ravens, Jags and Raiders all win.

That's a cool site, but know we get in if we win and the Bengals win regardless of Jags/Titans game. Jags win would just bump us up to 5th seed from the 6th.

We also get in if we win and just the Ravens win, and Titans/Chargers lose.

Edited by What a Tuel

A three time zone road game against a playoff contending opponent?  I am happy to point to any of our seven losses in the event we come up short on Sunday, but the Chargers game is not the one at the top of my list, despite the Peterman debacle.

Three games you really want back are:

@Jets: As their 2-8 stretch to drop to 5-10 has shown, the Jets are beatable, and that's our worst loss of the season

Bengals: On the road, but that team is 6-9, and that's the kind of game you have to win.

@Chargers: a team that is better than it seemed like at the time, obviously there is the Peterman issue, but this was a tough game to win by a lot more than what Peterman counted for.

And the four losses that I can live with and would have been the four in a 12-4 awesome season:

Panthers: Tough road game against a team otherwise 11-4. Winnable because of the things that went right, but that is a really good team and av ery tough place to play, so as many individual plays you can say what if in our favor, there are as many you could say what if against us.

Saints: 11-4 team on a huge roll at the time. Painful score, but that is a loss I can live with.

Patriots: Ugly loss at home, but we aren't at the Patriot's level yet, so any victory against them is a big upset

@Patriots: Replay debacle and still tied in the third quarter, but in a 15-1 wild imaginary dream season this is our one loss.

2 hours ago, billsherd said:

Bengals will not want their divisional team in the playoffs. Remember we beat the Jets couple years ago in the last game when all they needed was a win to get in and we had nothing to play for. 

Yes, this I like and could very well happen. Thing is I'm not exactly counting on the Bills to beat the Fins though. In any event if the stars align and the Bills somehow slip in the playoffs I'll be happy. They may have their ups and downs but at the same time if you can somehow just get in the post season, anything can happen. I think of the Giants that year when they were the 6th seed and weren't expected to do much.

Get in and anything can happen, but beating the Fins twice will be a tough road. So we'll see....

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah brah.

Everything is Tyrods fault. 

Scott is the Leader of COT!  He loves his TT!

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They did blow it by benching Tyrod.

Peterman set an NFL RECORD FOR INTERCEPTIONS IN A HALF.

I know, I know.... it was such an inconceivable feat of going into LA and beating the 3-6 Chargers. Tyrod needed to be benched because they didn't have a shot anyway.?

Dimarco has an Asterix beside his name on that record.  TYROD LOVER!

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

National media is clueless and often driven by political agendas.  They seem to think Tyrod is an above average qb when he is actually a serviceable backup who can reach the heights of mediocrity on a good day.

Shhhh !!! Sometimes even the truth needs to be said in a way that we don’t offend anybody 

9 minutes ago, Koufax said:

A three time zone road game against a playoff contending opponent?  I am happy to point to any of our seven losses in the event we come up short on Sunday, but the Chargers game is not the one at the top of my list, despite the Peterman debacle.

Three games you really want back are:

@Jets: As their 2-8 stretch to drop to 5-10 has shown, the Jets are beatable, and that's our worst loss of the season

Bengals: On the road, but that team is 6-9, and that's the kind of game you have to win.

@Chargers: a team that is better than it seemed like at the time, obviously there is the Peterman issue, but this was a tough game to win by a lot more than what Peterman counted for.

And the four losses that I can live with and would have been the four in a 12-4 awesome season:

Panthers: Tough road game against a team otherwise 11-4. Winnable because of the things that went right, but that is a really good team and av ery tough place to play, so as many individual plays you can say what if in our favor, there are as many you could say what if against us.

Saints: 11-4 team on a huge roll at the time. Painful score, but that is a loss I can live with.

Patriots: Ugly loss at home, but we aren't at the Patriot's level yet, so any victory against them is a big upset

@Patriots: Replay debacle and still tied in the third quarter, but in a 15-1 wild imaginary dream season this is our one loss.

Lets not forget that the Bills got their first 1rst down either late in the 2nd quarter or in the 3rd quarter and got the win against the Broncos. 

Yep we didn’t beat teams we should have Bengals and Jets were winnable games. I never thought the Bills would get a W out in LA. Hence why we need a franchise QB, and a little more pass rush.

Give it time, I think next year may be another near .500 year, but I have high hopes for the 2019 season being this staff can capitalize on the next 2 drafts and FA periods. 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

While a Bengals win over the Ravens combined with a Buffalo win at Miami puts Buffalo in the playoffs, I think the odds are better for both the Tatans and Chargers to lose than for Baltimore to lose.  Either way provides a path to the final wild card spot.  Nothing is probably, however.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The run defense may be 2nd on the list to the offensive offense as for what killed the Bills this year.

Once Dareus left it took away a player teams had to game plan for on run D. Marcell at 70% is better then most at 100%.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah brah.

Everything is Tyrods fault. 

I think you have a thing for Tyrod. Let it go

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They did blow it by benching Tyrod.

Peterman set an NFL RECORD FOR INTERCEPTIONS IN A HALF.

I know, I know.... it was such an inconceivable feat of going into LA and beating the 3-6 Chargers. Tyrod needed to be benched because they didn't have a shot anyway.?

Tyrod threw for 56 yards, against a prevent defense. That's hard to do, in a very very bad way. Nathan Peterman had more yards in the snow game, then Tyrod had against a prevent defense. You keep beating that Tyrod drum though. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Ron Riveron is Russian???

The Russians are now interfering in the results of NFL games?

2 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Beyond the Tyrod noise - my bigger point was that the Bengals game was our common game with the Ravens.

When (If) the Ravens sweep the Bengals, they will have established they are more deserving than the Bills who couldn't get it done against the same bad team.

Now if you want to go revisit the Bengals game, which the Bills lost despite the defense forcing 3 Bengals turnovers b/c the offense was basically trash...

That’s been a common theme all season where the defense had takeaways to set up the offense in good to great field position and most of the time they’d get FGs

Serious question, could the bills offer the Bengals a 5th round pick in trade for their best effort to beat the Ravens Sunday? I know this woukd NEVER happen, but I'm curious if you could do this within nfl rules 

Edited by Steptide

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Serious question, could the bills offer the Bengals a 5th round pick in trade for their best effort to beat the Ravens Sunday? I know this woukd NEVER happen, but I'm curious if you could do this within nfl rules 

I would think they'd have to give a player, any player or something in return with the wink wink. But I don't see why the NFL would stop them. The NFL shouldn't be expecting any team to fold or quit even in week 17 let alone enforcing that they do.

13 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I would think they'd have to give a player, any player or something in return with the wink wink. But I don't see why the NFL would stop them. The NFL shouldn't be expecting any team to fold or quit even in week 17 let alone enforcing that they do.

I'd call the Bengals, let em know we're gonna throw you a 5th IF you win Sunday LOL 

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The Russians are now interfering in the results of NFL games?

That’s been a common theme all season where the defense had takeaways to set up the offense in good to great field position and most of the time they’d get FGs

they haven't been shown to be doing anything else, so sure. hahhaa

This logic is hard to argue. It's like saying it wouldn't have mattered if we started a turd sandwhich against the Chargers (not far from the truth). "See, See! it didn't matter anyway!"

I think the '00 Ravens said something along those lines every time they lost.

It doesn't matter. Play every game as competitively as possible.

So should we have started Peterman against the Bengals? What should we have done differently :lol:

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Shhhh !!! Sometimes even the truth needs to be said in a way that we don’t offend anybody 

I know.  I promised a pal on this site to stay out of political conversation.  Every once in a while, I get drawn in at the edges.

As you know, soft totalitarianism works by ostracizing those who engage in speech outside of strictly enforced "tolerance."

38 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

they haven't been shown to be doing anything else, so sure. hahhaa

Ironically, there's more evidence Russians were helping the gal that got them all that Uranium.

Edited by Dr. Who