the TT bashing is just so tiresome

stuvian

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is just excuse making for McEgo.

Again, if you don't draft one you won't find one. 

He did draft one, just not in the round you wanted.  The Bills are going after a QB this off-season, it is clear as day.  They are going to either sign Cousins or trade up and get one in the draft.  This regime has been here less than a year and so far they are far superior to anyone who has been here since the playoff years.  It's a bit early to be lumping these guys in with the regimes who took T.J. Graham over Russell WIlson etc.

Tyrod was pure garbage in the second half yesterday.  He melted like he always does when faced with a challenge.  That is what he does.  When he needs to up his game against good teams it doesn't happen and the Bills end up getting blown out in the end because Tyrod doesn't have what it takes to hang with good teams for 4 quarters.  Simple as that.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wait, so the prior two years didn't answer that question already? 

The guy succeeded before the change in scheme and forcing him into an offense he's not designed for this season and stripped of playmakers. 

I still dont don't understand why he was brought back.

For me, the past two years kind of did - but we had a new staff (whom we all know you hate :D ) and they needed SOMEONE to work with.

As for the "why didn't they draft a QB", I'm guessing that it's because they didn't have all of THEIR scouts, etc. in place before last year's draft.  Yes McDermott was here, but (IMO) we need to give Beane and staff a full year to evaluate the college player landscape.  

Should be an exciting off-season - I'm guessing this team will look quite different next year!

Hey , forget it.  Let's go out 9-7 and see if its good enough.   TT is not coming back, I think that is obvious.  And hasn't been from the start , or they would have paid him.   He gave them the best chance to win this year.   Was the right judgement... there was no one else out there (yes , in 20/20 hindsight they could have had Watson, but they wanted to see what they had before they did that).  That will probably not be the case next year.   They will make changes at QB for sure over the next 4 months, that's "the Process", which is less than, what,  10 months and one full season into it.    This was always the "see what we have" year, they burned this year to see what they needed to do.   Now they know.   And now they will act, in my opinion.  Big changes coming b4 next season.   

But let's stay in the moment.  They still have a shot to do something this year. 

11 hours ago, stuvian said:

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

He is the sole reason we don’t advance. He’s a disease of mediocrity. He settles and quits in the middle of a play and he dam sure can’t make passes to receivers with any kind of consistency. Cut Taylor today and our teams is immediately better. 

• Like (+1) 1

It really just comes down to putting someone on the field that is better. Until the Bills are legitimately able to start a quarterback that they acquire via ANY means that is better than TT, then he should be playing for them since he is the best qb we've had here in the drought, minus part of a season with an aging Bledsoe. Not sure why this concept escapes so many folks. You can B word about him all you like but until that occurs you are wasting your energy. The man has established flaws and also benefits he brings. There is no drawback to having him play until the future qb is ready. I hope that it's via the draft, but whatever they go with is fine, as long as they do make it a priority.

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Fans need a scape goat. It's just easy to blame the QB. 

Meanwhile those same fans excuse McDermott for passing on all QBs in last years draft before settling for Peterman in the 5th. 

When we get Qb performance at the level we got pre Tyrod next year the same people will be happy. And “trusting the process”. And when we struggled in the years the cycle begins again. Keep plying Taylor until we have someone better. We have him under contract. Draft a guy early and Peterman, Taylor and the rookie compete. If we have a better option start the other guy. If we get a decent trade partner for Tyrod take it. But enough of the bashing Tyrod. This roster is an 8-7 roster. And we slightly better or much worse depending on who the QB is. 

It was made more obvious yesterday with Romo repeatedly saying "he's open! Throw it! Throw it!" Or pointing out his missed opportunities in replay. This is meant to be a compliment to Romo by the way. He highlighted how tight an "open" window is in the NFL and how accurate you need to be to hit it.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Mental illness is why TT sucks ? 

Who’s been better for the Bills in the last 20 years? And all things considered, there no promise that whoever we draft or Peterman will outperform him. Not saying we shouldnt try to get someone else in. Just saying there’s no promise we can or will do better and we don’t have one of the worse QBs in the league. Contrary to popular opinion on this site. 

But no no reason to expect a response other than Tyrod sucks because people forget so quickly how bad the QB play has been over the years. 

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It was made more obvious yesterday with Romo repeatedly saying "he's open! Throw it! Throw it!" Or pointing out his missed opportunities in replay. This is meant to be a compliment to Romo by the way. He highlighted how tight an "open" window is in the NFL and how accurate you need to be to hit it.

It really was eye-opening. I think it was on the Shady incompletion at the goal line that Romo showed how he was "open," but looked like he only had a step on the defender. Really impressive. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, unclepete said:

But no no reason to expect a response other than Tyrod sucks because people forget so quickly how bad the QB play has been over the years. 

Tyrod sucks because he’s averaging 185 yards a game.          It’s not that deep.   

I’m tired of having awful QBs. Taylor has the field vision of Losman,  the balls of Trent Edwards, and the legs of Mike Vick. That’s not a winning combination and I’m sick of him. 

Im also sick of Bills fans trying to peg it on the receivers or the line. Stupid people do that — there’s a lot of really stupid Bills fans. 

Its the QB, it’s always been the QB, and we’ll suck till we get a QB. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Tyrod sucks because he’s averaging 185 yards a game.          It’s not that deep.   

And when we get some one throwing 185 and 1 picks a game we'll complain. Or 300 yards and 2 to 3 picks a game we'll complain. Just saying, let someone beat him out or get a proven QB in FA. He's average. In an offense that's catered to the run. 

12 hours ago, stuvian said:

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

I guess every one of us hears what we want to hear.  I hear Taylor is not a good enough quarterback to lead this team to the next level. He is part of the problem, not part of the solution. He is mediocre at best. I don't hear or see people saying he is the sole reason the team doesn't make the playoffs, that's your narrative. 

To answer your question...yes, I do think that the Bills would be better off with one of the QBs you've listed.  Would I want the team mortgaged to one of them for the next 5 years? I'd take a flyer on Keenum but pass on the others.  The Bills will find their "future" QB in the draft (one of these years).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The_Dude said:

I’m tired of having awful QBs. Taylor has the field vision of Losman,  the balls of Trent Edwards, and the legs of Mike Vick. That’s not a winning combination and I’m sick of him. 

Im also sick of Bills fans trying to peg it on the receivers or the line. Stupid people do that — there’s a lot of really stupid Bills fans. 

The WR's we shipped off are all doing pretty well, the common denominator is Taylor. It will be a hard sell to upgrade our WR's in FA with Taylor at QB. Your 1st paragraph is 100% right on the money.

2 minutes ago, unclepete said:

And when we get some one throwing 185 and 1 picks a game we'll complain. Or 300 yards and 2 to 3 picks a game we'll complain. Just saying, let someone beat him out or get a proven QB in FA. He's average. In an offense that's catered to the run. 

HE’S NOT AVERAGE. He’s not “good.” He’s not a “guy you can win with.” He’s more of a problem than he is a solution and he won’t even throw a back shoulder pad down the sideline like EVERY other QB in the league. He’s garbage. He won’t be starting next year — watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The_Dude said:

HE’S NOT AVERAGE. He’s not “good.” He’s not a “guy you can win with.” He’s more of a problem than he is a solution and he won’t even throw a back shoulder pad down the sideline like EVERY other QB in the league. He’s garbage. He won’t be starting next year — watch. 

He's average. Below average accuracy, above average athleticism + not turning the ball over = average. Once again, who's been a better Bills QB since 2000?

26 minutes ago, unclepete said:

He's average. Below average accuracy, above average athleticism + not turning the ball over = average. Once again, who's been a better Bills QB since 2000?

Easy....Orton and Bledsoe. 

Also, that question is a result of bad logic. 

Edited by The_Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, stuvian said:

I would take all those QBs over Taylor. They will throw the ball, take a chance, or let the WR's make a play. I would even settle for hitting a WR in stride instead of off target passes that the WR has to basically end the play to catch. 

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He did draft one, just not in the round you wanted.  The Bills are going after a QB this off-season, it is clear as day.  They are going to either sign Cousins or trade up and get one in the draft.  This regime has been here less than a year and so far they are far superior to anyone who has been here since the playoff years.  It's a bit early to be lumping these guys in with the regimes who took T.J. Graham over Russell WIlson etc.

Tyrod was pure garbage in the second half yesterday.  He melted like he always does when faced with a challenge.  That is what he does.  When he needs to up his game against good teams it doesn't happen and the Bills end up getting blown out in the end because Tyrod doesn't have what it takes to hang with good teams for 4 quarters.  Simple as that.  

Sure......ok, whatever.:lol:

This organization couldn't even get Josh McCown to sign-on when he was a free agent 3 years ago..............but they are somehow "going to get" either Kirk Cousins OR one of the top QB's in the draft despite having neither the roster to appeal to Cousins(second oldest team in NFL, devoid of playmakers).....OR the picks to move to the very top of the draft where there are already going to be more QB-needy teams than QB's to go around.    

But it's just 100% going to happen per K-GunJimKelly12!   Nothing will get in McBeane's way!

Mmmmmkay..........

Here's the reality..........they *might* address QB with a better player or prospect..........but history says that they are more likely not to be able to get it done.

In the meantime.........the 2016 Taylor lead offense was the most productive they've fielded since the second SB year.........a quarter century ago.

Taylor is more than adequate to keep the Bills in contention if surrounded with even average coaching and overall talent and good enough to be very successful in a short run of a few years with A LOT of talent and coaching that plays to his strengths.

And that's how an organization like the Steelers played it when they had Neil O'Donnell and Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox.    Those "bums" took a lot of Steelers teams to championship games and even a SB.   The correct play for the Bills organization is to always be looking for their franchise QB solution but always be trying to make the QB they have look good in the meantime.   They did not do that this year.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

The defense of Tyrod is laughable.   Just listening to Romo's commentary yesterday was very telling he kept yelling he's open he's open throw it throw it throw it .  Then you have Calvin Benjamin one on one all game on the outside and Tyrod will not throw him the ball.  Then you're in garbage time where he should be taking chances and he's checking it down every time trying to pad his stats.  Not to mention his situational awareness is extremely subpar he takes huge Sacks at the most in opportune times a lot of time he runs into a sack instead of just staying in the pocket

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I'd take Taylor over Orton. That team's success was due to Jim Schwartz amazing defense

Anyone remember when Sir Tony Romo got injured during one of his annual late season choke jobs for the Cowboys and Orton replaced Romo the next game and played better than Romo had been playing!?  

Threw for like 350 yards!   Yeah he threw a killer interception at the end just like Romo would have but apparently Orton>Romo.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

For some reason, fans are tired of this viewpoint. 

I guess they think it's easier to lie to themselves and think the QB can play. 

He can't. He's bad, and while he's not the sole reason the team is average, he is a big reason why. 

30 minutes ago, unclepete said:

As can you sir. 

Heres the problem with you — your logic is all wron. ‘Who’s been better than Taylor since 2000?’ Like you think that’s a point? Let me guess, you’ve never studied philosophy or the Socratic method or any form of critical thinking. The Bills QBs since 2000 can’t put Taylor on a pedestal if he’s the best if they’re allllllll bad. And they’ve been all bad except for Orton and Bledsoe who have been serviceable. 

Mid you can’t conclude that Orton is a better pro QB than Taylor then you don’t deserve a place at the debate table because of course Orton is better. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

For some reason, fans are tired of this viewpoint. 

I guess they think it's easier to lie to themselves and think the QB can play. 

He can't. He's bad, and while he's not the sole reason the team is average, he is a big reason why. 

Because it's an ignorant viewpoint?

In no frame of reference is Tyrod Taylor a "bad" NFL QB.

The hyperbole speaks to your complete lack of touch with the rest of the NFL.

It's like the idiots on this board who rationalize that there was NO WAY the Bills could have possibly beaten the 3-6 Los Diegoles Chargers... in front of tens of their avid fans....coming off a long losing streak.........but it's a GODDAM travesty that they lost to the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints......two of the top 4 teams in the NFL.:lol:

Lotta' you on this board totally nuking your football discussion-cred with your illogical tantrums against Tyrod.:lol:

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because it's an ignorant viewpoint?

In no frame of reference is Tyrod Taylor a "bad" NFL QB.

The hyperbole speaks to your complete lack of touch with the rest of the NFL.

It's like the idiots on this board who rationalize that there was NO WAY the Bills could have possibly beaten the 3-6 Los Diegoles Chargers... in front of tens of their avid fans....coming off a long losing streak.........but it's a GODDAM travesty that they lost to the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints......two of the top 4 teams in the NFL.:lol:

Lotta' you on this board totally nuking your football discussion-cred with your illogical tantrums against Tyrod.:lol:

if you can look at the Bills passing offense in 3 years under Tyrod and continue to make the case he's the guy, that's a you problem. 

Maybe he will go to a Denver or some other team with an "elite" defense and lead a team them somewhere, but it won't be because of his passing ability. 

5 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

if you can look at the Bills passing offense in 3 years under Tyrod and continue to make the case he's the guy, that's a you problem. 

Maybe he will go to a Denver or some other team with an "elite" defense and lead a team them somewhere, but it won't be because of his passing ability. 

Who said Taylor was "the guy"?

Lotta' room in between being "the guy" and being "a bad NFL QB".

Like to see your list of "the guys".

Mine goes like this:

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

the end.

Everyone else ranges from scrub to "will ultimately lose to Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers when push comes to shove".