Your favorite worst play calls of the game

Sky Diver

It wasn't even the play calls at that point. It was the fact that McCoy came out, and we put DiMarco and Tolbert in. Ugh. I'm sure every single one of us knew they should just kick the FG on first down.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Mine were when we were on the Pats 25 yrd line and threw a pass to Demarco followed by a run by Tolbert. Dennison should be fired next week.

The throw to DiMarco was absolutely not the playcall. It was a rollout to the other side that the Pats defended well. Tyrod ran around and instead of throwing it away came back to a dump off to a Full Back 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage. That was on QB not OC. 

The following play however they motioned Tolbert out and then attempted a slant to him. It was almost like Dennison didn't know Tolbert was in rather than Shady. That was an awful error. 

17 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Mine were when we were on the Pats 25 yrd line and threw a pass to Demarco followed by a run by Tolbert. Dennison should be fired next week.

The pass to Demarco it was throw late by Taylor (bad executed) the Tolbert run it seems you're right

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Idiotic throwback screen to O'Leary for a 9 yard loss after the catch and run by Shady got us down to the Patriot 10.

Any play designed for Tolbert to touch the ball.

I was screaming for McCoy to somehow break it to the endzone because I knew we would mess things up inside the 10. Sadly Shady had a great play but came up short and the inevitable bad QB/ dumb OC took over.

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1-10-NE 10 (11:31) T.Taylor pass short left to P.DiMarco to NE 18 for -8 yards (T.Flowers).  Just a horrid call by Dennison. 

2-18-NE 18 (10:46) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to M.Tolbert. Even worse.

The play call was not terrible.  The Pats ran the same play and scored.  The execution was terrible.  I'm a TT defender but he has to throw that ball in the dirt once he sees it was defended.

Nothing wrong with the throw to Tolbert. It was an easy 8 yard gain that hit him right in his fat gut.  A catch there makes it third and ten. Still a way to go but on long distance irst and second downs, the idea is get a chunk back to make 3rd down more manageable.

Blame McD that Tolbert is even on this team. He is awful.  

7 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

The play call was not terrible.  The Pats ran the same play and scored.  The execution was terrible.  I'm a TT defender but he has to throw that ball in the dirt once he sees it was defended.

Nothing wrong with the throw to Tolbert. It was an easy 8 yard gain that hit him right in his fat gut.  A catch there makes it third and ten. Still a way to go but on long distance irst and second downs, the idea is get a chunk back to make 3rd down more manageable.

Blame McD that Tolbert is even on this team. He is awful.  

That Pats ran the play to Dion Lewis while the Bills ran it to Patrick DiMarco.  Horrible as I posted the 1st time. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1-10-NE 10 (11:31) T.Taylor pass short left to P.DiMarco to NE 18 for -8 yards (T.Flowers).  Just a horrid call by Dennison. 

2-18-NE 18 (10:46) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to M.Tolbert. Even worse.

I agree with these.  On the short pass to DiMarco, he and Tolbert were in the backfield together.  It was a fake to Tolbert than a pass to DiMarco.  Why these two are on the field together is preposterous -  why Dennison would think using Tolbert as a decoy is mind numbing - why Dennison would think this set play would work is unforgivable.  

4th quarter, down by 7, 4th and 1 at the NE 32 yard line.  13 minutes to play.  Let's kick a FG.  We miss, they march downfield and get the TD to put them up by 14.  Game over - realistically we are not going to overcome a two touchdown deficit at NE.  We should have went for it on 4th down.   If we get it, and possibly the TD that could follow the game is tied and possibly we get a totally different outcome.  How the hell do you think getting another FG is going to help?   By then NE was scoring TD's and we needed to keep pace.   Very frustrating stupid call.

Edited by Georgia Bill

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The throw to DiMarco was absolutely not the playcall. It was a rollout to the other side that the Pats defended well. Tyrod ran around and instead of throwing it away came back to a dump off to a Full Back 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage. That was on QB not OC. 

The following play however they motioned Tolbert out and then attempted a slant to him. It was almost like Dennison didn't know Tolbert was in rather than Shady. That was an awful error. 

It was an obvious designed play. Romo states just as much. The lineman shuffled that way to set it up. It was just an awful playcall. Why Dennison repeatedly feels the need to get cute down inside the 20 I’ll never know. 

First drive of the game they get down inside the 30 with a healthy dose of McCoy and short passes and then decide to get cute with a shovel on first down and kick a fg after 3 straight passes. So awful.