DL and LB groups are more pressing need than QB

Dadonkadonk

3 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Everyone on this board is screaming about the QB.  Six straight scoring drives by the Patriots.  37 points.  The DL is far far worse than last year and the LBs are terrible.  They need a near complete overhaul of the front seven.  Outside of Lawson, Milano, and maybe Hughes, the remaining front 7 needs to be replaced.  That is the entire core of the defense - two DTs and a MLB along with an OLB.

You want to move on from TT, then get a QB in FA.

They need the entire draft to fix the defense.

And that doesn't even address back-up RB, starting TE, and the OT spot if Glenn can't get healthy.

Well the part about the defensive front 7 being trash and the many needs on the team is pretty much spot on.  The good news is that you can find free agents to fill some of those of holes on both defense and offense.  If you look at both the free agents and the draft that mcDermott and Beane have brought, I think there's reason for optimism.

QB is much harder to find.  McDermott and Beane will not keep their jobs if the Bills go 8-8 and 9-7 every year and miss the playoffs with a mediocre FA QB.  If there's a QB that they think can be a franchise guy, go for it.      

Nobody on this board disagrees with the fact that we need tremendous help on the d-line and linebacker units.  Remember when we had a top 5 defense under Schwartz? Did we go to the playoffs that year? NO, of course we didn't because we had a garbage first round quarterback. We have to draft another high round quarterback this April, hell we might have to draft 2 qbs this April. Keep drafting, keep searching don't ever stop. All the other positions are irrelevant.

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yes, get a FA QB.

Maybe Brian Hoyer will be available? RG III?

The sky is the limit.

Cripes what a dumb thread.

Jimmy G is basically a FA qb. The guy is 26 yrs old, he learned for yrs behind Brady. He is not a rookie the 9ers just drafted. The Pats drafted and groomed for years just to let him go. The Bills have no veteran to groom a rookie.

Get a decent FA and then draft his replacement to learn from him til ready. That would be my plan and it would not include Tyrod.

6 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Everyone on this board is screaming about the QB.  Six straight scoring drives by the Patriots.  37 points.  The DL is far far worse than last year and the LBs are terrible.  They need a near complete overhaul of the front seven.  Outside of Lawson, Milano, and maybe Hughes, the remaining front 7 needs to be replaced.  That is the entire core of the defense - two DTs and a MLB along with an OLB.

And that doesn't even address back-up RB, starting TE, and the OT spot if Glenn can't get healthy.

Delete your account.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I appreciate your point of view, but it simply is not the case.

We def need a pass rusher, but nothing even comes close to how bad we need a qb. Not turning the ball over is not enough in 2017. It is that simple.

Get QB.... Then you can debate cracker jacks, stadium seating, LBs or whatever else you see fit.... But it ALL starts with competent QB play, and we only get that on about 10 plays per game right now.

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Worn down?  They had near equal TOP prior to the last two minutes.  The Bills offense possessed the ball for long stretches of the game.

I find it funny when people talk about well conditioned 20 something professional athletes being worn down.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

When you don't have a Franchise QB nothing is a more pressing need than finding one. Nothing. 

The D-line is the 2nd most pressing need I agree. And we are a bit talent deficient at the linebacker spots... but a good D-line can make average linebackers look a lot better. 

....I'd venture to say 17 years is a pretty good indicator............

13 hours ago, billsfan3482 said:

If he stayed with the pats after Brady retired and did great I probably would have thought he's in a great system with belchick.  But he was traded to a BAD team, new offense, new coach new play book and is performing VERY WELL. He might or might not turn out to be another Brady.  But holy ****.  Tyrod sat behind Flacco for 5 yrs and started 3 yrs with NO improvment.

This Experiment Is Over. 

I know there is needs on this team, but just insert a jimmy with us with! 

tommy maddox effect.

I don't get this argument. We need a QB AND major help with our front 7 on defense. We have a lot of early draft picks that will address many of our needs. We can find FA to fill some areas for not a lot of money(like Poyer).  We also need a RB, some line help. 

No reason to argue about one or the other. We need to address all of these areas. A top pick isn't necessary to fill every need. No team has that capability.

Although McBeane has made questionable moves, I'd be shocked if all of these needs aren't addressed this offseason.

Roquan Smith is what this team needs more then any other player.  I would trade up for him, because he wont be there when we select.  Some say he has best instincts since Kueckly.   His football IQ is off the hook.  The dude makes secondary calls.  And he is a straight up, tenacious, play making machine!  Select him with our top pick.  Pass rush is a much bigger issue then QB right now