Browns could pass on Rosen given his desire to go to NYG

YoloinOhio

On 12/24/2017 at 12:32 PM, Boyst62 said:

well, i hope the giants tell this clown to go !@#$ himself.

kid gets the opportunity of a lifetime and wants to play this ****?

what a looser.

Typical right-wing conservative nonsense d******

8 hours ago, WickedGame said:

If I'm Beane, I offer the Browns our two firsts plus Tyrod for the #1 spot.

The Browns will still have a top 5 pick, so they can grab a potential franchise quarterback. They'll also have two additional first rounders from our trade, so they can stock the cupboard. And they'll have a steady if unspectacular veteran QB to be a one-year bridge. And they can quit worrying about which college QB will opt out to avoid going to Cleveland, since they'll all declare knowing they could end up in far better destinations. 

Buffalo gets its choice of QBs to be the franchise guy. And we still have two 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder to fill some of the gaps not filled by free agency (my prediction is Star Lotulelei joins the team to upgrade the middle of our DL). 

You will see this city explode and excitement just like a 1986 if it happens

If I am Cleveland I would say something along the lines I wont bring in somebody that doesnt want to be here.  Get Both Darnold and Rosen to come out than draft whichever one I like more.  I dont have to interview or have a personal workout, i would draft the best player and if you dont want to play QB for the Browns you dont have to play football.  

Best hope is Cleveland gets cute again and fall in love with Baker Mayfield.  They have 2 top 4 picks so they dont have to worry about falling out of the top 5.  Pick up additional 2 First rounders and a mid rounder may makes sense to them Buffalo can pick whichever QB they want.  

12 hours ago, zonabb said:

I wouldn't draft the kid. His attitude sucks, his arrogance is overwhelming, and his college career was underwhelming. Having an opinion is clearly a right, but his comment today about players not needing to be exploited when it's to their detriment shows a clear disregard for reality. You were exploited from day 1 when you took that "free" tuition to play football and if you think that you gain power when that changes "tuition" to paycheck, your in for a long career as a malcontent and complainer. I'll call it now, this punk will have, if he's lucky, no more than a mediocre career and likely a bust. Does this sound like a good teammate? Like someone dedicated to hard work and commitment? Like a leader? 

A lot of people will like the kid, like his verve and moxy, and the astute talent evaluator and teams will pass on the arrogance, ignorance, and immaturity. Spoiled little rich kid who didn't need a scholarship yet whines about the inequity of college scholarships for athletes and hasn't had a tough day in his life. Not cut out to be a leader of a franchise nor someone players will follow.

Mark it down. 

I thought he played extremely well this year in very challenging conditions (i.e., playing alongside a defense that was one of the very worst in all of D1 football - 117th out of 130 in points allowed per game). He's a good player and looks like the type of person who can succeed in the NFL. I think we all need to look past the noise. As for the Browns, I'm normally one of those people who think the players are obligated to go wherever because it's in every player's interest (whether they know it or not) for the league to have competitive balance in the long term. However, the Browns are such an epic dumpster fire that I'm presently treating them as an exception.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: Thanks for clearing that up.  We'll see, but it wouldn't shock me if he did sit out for a year. 

You are welcome. It was a definitive comment that needed clarification.

I do not see why all the love for Rosen. Maybe Cleveland could stick it to this kid,tell him they are drafting him and watch him go back to school. Then they draft Darnold.

Most of you do not remember this happening to the Bills,Cousineau and Kelly. It’s not a great feeling as a fan.

I'm just worried about where the Bills are picking at this point. There are 3 highly touted QB's coming out that all have the potential to be long-time starters. The Bills are not in a place where they can draft any one of them. This reminds me of 2004 all over again except this time we're further back.

In 2004: Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger & JP Losman...all drafted in the 1st round. Eli was taken #1, Rivers #4, Big Ben # 11, and the Bills took Lee Evans at #13. Then we traded back into the 1st round to grab Losman at #22. 

I could definitely see something similar happening this time. Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield all taken before the Bills get their first pick, then at the end of the 1st round we take a QB from the tier beneath them (like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen or Mason Rudolph) and hope he pans out. 

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

You are welcome. It was a definitive comment that needed clarification.

I do not see why all the love for Rosen. Maybe Cleveland could stick it to this kid,tell him they are drafting him and watch him go back to school. Then they draft Darnold.

Most of you do not remember this happening to the Bills,Cousineau and Kelly. It’s not a great feeling as a fan.

What makes you so sure that Darnold declares for the draft?  Josh Rosen should be concerned with his career path just as Eli Manning was when he came out of Ole Miss and the Bills made out fine in the long run by trading Cousineau's rights for the pick that was used to draft Kelly.  Kelly waiting to come to the Bills turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the Bills were able to build the team through high draft picks while he learned the pro game with the USFL's Gamblers. 

the browns could turn it around pretty quick if he's the guy. they've got a good few players on defense. With all the picks they have...number 1 and the texans top five pick they can really add some talent. If barkley is gone i'd love for us to trade our 2 first for that texans pick and get our guy.  

15 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Yea, heaven forbid a guy prefers a situation that maximizes his odds of success at the toughest position for even talented guys to succeed at. Should prefer the longest odds possible if hes a real competitor 

that said- the browns can play the “who knows” game til he declares but they can’t care whether he likes them on draft day. If he’s #1on their board  you take him

Looking at the Giants, you force out a future Hall of Fame coach who was obviously working magic in NY because they looked awful this year even with Manning, who will also be in the Hall of Fame. So you think a rookie is going to walk into NY and instantly make that team better? Possibly work with a first time coach, judging from the last hire they made in NY? A team isn't going to make Rosen successful, it's all on him to be successful.

You either have it or you don't. Look how awful the Colts were without Manning and then without Luck. That's one guy, and if Rosen is that type of guy it doesn't matter where he goes.

If they both come out, I see Cleveland easily taking Darnold over Rosen. And I wonder if his reported attitude doesn’t turn the Giants off as well. I wonder if they’d chance going with a Saquon Barkley and letting Rosen slide. Either way, at this point I don’t see Rosen going #1. 

On 12/24/2017 at 12:32 PM, Boyst62 said:

well, i hope the giants tell this clown to go !@#$ himself.

kid gets the opportunity of a lifetime and wants to play this ****?

what a looser.

Personally, I prefer my clothes to be looser. I don't like those skin tight jeans the kids wear these days.

Im not sure what that has to do with Rosen, but hey, whatever... lol 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Personally, I prefer my clothes to be looser. I don't like those skin tight jeans the kids wear these days.

Im not sure what that has to do with Rosen, but hey, whatever... lol 

your knew here, you'll learn.

• Haha (+1) 1