Jon Gruden interested in Bucs job?

YoloinOhio

I thought he'd be interested in the Browns job if Hue gets whacked or traded to the Bengals.

Isn't Gruden from the Cleveland area ?

With the #1 pick in the draft to take Darnold or Rosen to go along with Kizer, Hogan and the kid from USC, seems like a perfect match for him.

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I thought he'd be interested in the Browns job if Hue gets whacked or traded to the Bengals.

Isn't Gruden from the Cleveland area ?

With the #1 pick in the draft to take Darnold or Rosen to go along with Kizer, Hogan and the kid from USC, seems like a perfect match for him.

Gruden is from South Bend, IN. He did play QB at University of Dayton. 

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WARMER weather in the booth for $6.5 mil/yr....and the bathroom is close by...............

I agree- but likely part of why you and I would never sniff the head coach job in the first place. Clearly he has some tolerance for the lifestyle and if he was going to jump there are a few spots this year that are as good as any he will ever see.

odds are he stays put though 

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I agree- but likely part of why you and I would never sniff the head coach job in the first place. Clearly he has some tolerance for the lifestyle and if he was going to jump there are a few spots this year that are as good as any he will ever see.

odds are he stays put though 

I agree--he's dying ti get back.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/04/jon-gruden-espn-quarterback-camp-nfl-draft

10 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

If Gruden was to come to Buffalo in some parallel universe would people be happy about it?

For some reason, I don't think I would be. A lot of hype, and who knows what his process would entail. 

Would it be Rex 2.0? Probably not, but I would be nervous. 

Gruden has forgotten more about football than Rex ever knew.

Gruden was 57-55 in tampa bay taking over a team that was 11-5..10-6..9-7 in the three previous seasons. Was not a rebuild of any type Dungy had a lot of success short of a SB 

He had 2 double digit winning seasons in 7 years ..yep won a super bowl with brad johnson that does deserve a tip of the cap paired with a smothering defense it worked.

Wall of fame for .508 winning percentage is kinda stupid

He gets better the longer he stays out of the game