CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I hate to say it but at some point freedom of the press has gone too far. When the media starts refusing to cover a major speech by the President, because they believe they have something more important to say, or because they don’t want the American people to hear from their President, then it’s no longer a media outlet. It’s is a propaganda machine. 

Thomas Jefferson loved a free press, then grew to loathing it when he was a public figure

Edited by row_33

Jake Tapper at CNN showed the right way to confront administration members on Sunday, when he went right after Vice President Pence’s misrepresentations about the dismal condition of children still held. After playing a clip of administration lawyers arguing in the 9th Circuit that there was no responsibility to provide basic necessities to children such as toothbrushes, Pence tried to claim that he didn’t know what the lawyers were saying. Tapper kept after him:

”But this is going on right now,” Tapper said, adding “This is the wealthiest nation in the world. We have money to give toothpaste and soap and blankets to these kids in this facility in El Paso County. Right now, we do.”

“Well, of course — of course we do,” Pence said.

“So why aren’t we?” Taper asked.

Pence again dodged the question with a snicker, replying “My point is — my point is, it’s all a part of the appropriations process.”

Tapper then had to cut Pence off from the lengthy digression that followed in order to force the question again.

“But I’m talking about the kids — I’m talking about the kids our custody right now,” Taper said. “Just listen to this. This is ‘The New Yorker’ citing a team of lawyers who visited a border facility.”

Pence tried to interrupt him again, but Tapper insisted “I just want to quote this.”

“The conditions the lawyers were found were shocking,” Tapper read. “Flu and lice outbreaks were going untreated. Children were filthy, sleeping on cold floors, taking care of each other because of the lack of attention from guards.”

“I know you. You’re a father. You’re a man of faith. You can’t approve of that,” Tapper said.

“Well, I — I — no — no American — no American should approve of this mass influx of people coming across our border,” Pence stammered. It is overwhelming our system at the southern border.

“But how about how we’re treating these children?” Tapper asked, again, and Pence deflected, again.

“I was at the detention center in Nogales just a few short months ago. It is a heartbreaking scene,” Pence said, but then added These are people who are being exploited by human traffickers, who charge them $5,000 a person to entice them to take their vulnerable children…”

“But now these kids are in our custody,” Tapper said.

Pence continued to blame Democrats in Congress, but Tapper again reiterated “But I would say that I’m talking about the kids on our southern border right now.”

He told Pence “you have the power right now to go back to the White House and say, we need to make sure that these kids — first of all, that there are people taking care of them, so it is not 12-year-olds taking care of 3-year-olds, and, second of all, that they have soap, that they have toothbrushes, that they have combs, that we’re taking care so they don’t all get the flu.”

Pence once again tried to blame Democrats, to which Tapper replied “I think Democrats would argue that they want to do a deal with President Trump, but he hasn’t showed any inclination.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/24/trumps-lies-need-be-exposed-real-time/?utm_term=.c2e73603de2e

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Jake Tapper at CNN showed the right way to confront administration members on Sunday, when he went right after Vice President Pence’s misrepresentations about the dismal condition of children still held. After playing a clip of administration lawyers arguing in the 9th Circuit that there was no responsibility to provide basic necessities to children such as toothbrushes, Pence tried to claim that he didn’t know what the lawyers were saying. Tapper kept after him:

”But this is going on right now,” Tapper said, adding “This is the wealthiest nation in the world. We have money to give toothpaste and soap and blankets to these kids in this facility in El Paso County. Right now, we do.”

“Well, of course — of course we do,” Pence said.

“So why aren’t we?” Taper asked.

Pence again dodged the question with a snicker, replying “My point is — my point is, it’s all a part of the appropriations process.”

Tapper then had to cut Pence off from the lengthy digression that followed in order to force the question again.

“But I’m talking about the kids — I’m talking about the kids our custody right now,” Taper said. “Just listen to this. This is ‘The New Yorker’ citing a team of lawyers who visited a border facility.”

Pence tried to interrupt him again, but Tapper insisted “I just want to quote this.”

“The conditions the lawyers were found were shocking,” Tapper read. “Flu and lice outbreaks were going untreated. Children were filthy, sleeping on cold floors, taking care of each other because of the lack of attention from guards.”

“I know you. You’re a father. You’re a man of faith. You can’t approve of that,” Tapper said.

“Well, I — I — no — no American — no American should approve of this mass influx of people coming across our border,” Pence stammered. It is overwhelming our system at the southern border.

“But how about how we’re treating these children?” Tapper asked, again, and Pence deflected, again.

“I was at the detention center in Nogales just a few short months ago. It is a heartbreaking scene,” Pence said, but then added These are people who are being exploited by human traffickers, who charge them $5,000 a person to entice them to take their vulnerable children…”

“But now these kids are in our custody,” Tapper said.

Pence continued to blame Democrats in Congress, but Tapper again reiterated “But I would say that I’m talking about the kids on our southern border right now.”

He told Pence “you have the power right now to go back to the White House and say, we need to make sure that these kids — first of all, that there are people taking care of them, so it is not 12-year-olds taking care of 3-year-olds, and, second of all, that they have soap, that they have toothbrushes, that they have combs, that we’re taking care so they don’t all get the flu.”

Pence once again tried to blame Democrats, to which Tapper replied “I think Democrats would argue that they want to do a deal with President Trump, but he hasn’t showed any inclination.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/24/trumps-lies-need-be-exposed-real-time/?utm_term=.c2e73603de2e

HAHA Gator, now that's funny. Did you laugh?

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

:lol:  Democrats have argued - repeatedly - that they won't fund the "concentration camps" Trump is running.

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:lol:  Democrats have argued - repeatedly - that they won't fund the "concentration camps" Trump is running.

As I said earlier, the administration should ask for funding for soap factories and the problems could just take care of themselves.

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

As I said earlier, the administration should ask for funding for soap factories and the problems could just take care of themselves.

Democrats: "Trump wants to turn immigrants in his concentration camps into soap!"

how is CNN going to handle the GOP Convention?

Everyone will bring or be handed a CNN SUCKS!!! sign and chant it out proudly at any trace of that august network

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Democrats: "Trump wants to turn immigrants in his concentration camps into soap!"

most of the Dems could use a bath

Your president: 

On Tuesday night, House Democrats announced that Robert Mueller will publicly testify next month about his investigation into Russian election interference and possible obstruction by Donald Trump, and the president is not taking the news well. We know this because on Wednesday morning, he called into Fox Business for a chat that was ostensibly meant to be about the economy and lost his goddamn mind—even more than usual. Speaking to host Maria Bartiromo, Trump kicked things off by insisting there is no reason whatsoever for Mueller to speak to anyone about his report. “It never ends,” the president said, claiming “we had no obstruction” when, of course, that’s not exactly the case.
With that little prelude out of the way, the subject then turned to the administration‘s wildly unpopular, self-defeating trade war. Bartiromo noted that the markets having been trading higher due to optimism that a meeting between Trump and Chinese president Xi Jinping at the G20 might lead to a deal. “What would be a victory to you, what do you want the Chinese to do in terms of a trade deal?” To which Trump responded with…this collection of words:
“We had a deal with [China], and it was very close, we were just finishing it, and you know my whole life is deals. I know when we have them and when we don’t—like with Mexico, we made a deal with Mexico…they know what we have, and if we don’t have intellectual property, theft protections, the opening of China…if we don’t have the opening of China, if we don’t have the things we negotiated, maybe even more than that…and right now, look, we’re getting 25% on $250 billion worth of goods, nobody ever heard of such a thing, it’s massive amount of money. Don’t play, don’t let anyone tell you that China’s not paying for it, China’s paying for it…and we’re not paying for any of it.” (Fact check: false.)
He continued: “Since tariffs have been on, the market has been going through the roof if you know what I’m talking about…Now you have another $325 billion I haven’t taxed yet. IT’S. RIPE. FOR. TAXING. For putting tariffs on…. It‘s been an incredible thing. Am I happy now? Absolutely…. When you say, ‘Are we going to make a deal?’ It’s possible we’re going to make a deal, but I’m also very happy where we are now, we’re taking in a fortune…. There’s no way you can beat the tariffs, there‘s no way you can make that money…[the tariffs] help us in ways that nobody even wants to talk about, that I don’t want to talk about them.”
And apparently, because the trade war with Beijing is working out so well, Europe may be next. “Are you working on a deal with Europe?” Bartiromo wondered. “Is Europe going to be your next target after you’re done with China?” It is if Uncle Don has anything to say about it! “Europe treats us worse than China,” Trump ranted. “I come from Europe, you come from Europe, you’re of the European nations. European nations were set up in order to take advantage of the United States…. They have [European Central Bank president Mario] Draghi who is—we should have Draghi instead of our Fed person. Draghi, as you know, last week he said lower interest rates and we’re going to stimulate the economy…and with us we have a Fed that keeps raising interest rates

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/06/donald-trump-maria-bartiromo-interview

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Back when CNN liked Donald Trump (plugs for the Apprentice, but this interview is mostly Melania)

Larry was plotting his 22nd wife in Melania

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Melania is very attractive now, but 15 years ago? She was gorgeous. 

I wish every couple the highest of bliss and happiness in holy matrimony

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol: 

More of the exchange :lol: 

People seriously have nothing better to do than to watch TV while recording the TV on their phone?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Liked WALL-E and the Lion King, and I laughed out loud during Home Alone 2.  :blush:   
Jurassic Park scared me.    :unsure:

The wife and I walked out of Jurassic Park when it first come out and looked at each other with a "WTF was that??" look on our faces. The better look is when I tell people is was one of the worst movies I've ever paid money to see.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

The wife and I walked out of Jurassic Park when it first come out and looked at each other with a "WTF was that??" look on our faces. The better look is when I tell people is was one of the worst movies I've ever paid money to see.  

I saw Vanilla Sky with a date. There weren't too many people in the theater so I actually noticed two couples that were together. Well, the movie sucked and one of the couples got up and left partly through the movie. When the movie was over I noticed the couple sitting outside the theater. They apparently disliked the movie enough that they preferred to sit outside the theater to wait for their friends.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I saw Vanilla Sky with a date. There weren't too many people in the theater so I actually noticed two couples that were together. Well, the movie sucked and one of the couples got up and left partly through the movie. When the movie was over I noticed the couple sitting outside the theater. They apparently disliked the movie enough that they preferred to sit outside the theater to wait for their friends.

I have not been in a theater since the second Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  I just looked that up and that was 13 years ago.  I have no desire to go back.  Everyone talks in this raspy voice. They think it's acting or cool or something.  Check it out.  Next time you watch a movie or TV everyone talks like they are auditioning for a death metal band.  And I have an advisor who has a client who does movie trailers.  I told him I'd give him my next two years paychecks if his client can write a trailer where there isn't a car flipping and exploding in the first 60 seconds.  He said my paychecks are safe.  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have not been in a theater since the second Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  I just looked that up and that was 13 years ago.  I have no desire to go back.  Everyone talks in this raspy voice. They think it's acting or cool or something.  Check it out.  Next time you watch a movie or TV everyone talks like they are auditioning for a death metal band.  And I have an advisor who has a client who does movie trailers.  I told him I'd give him my next two years paychecks if his client can write a trailer where there isn't a car flipping and exploding in the first 60 seconds.  He said my paychecks are safe.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RupTbjUmZw4

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

557D79D7-7E46-4590-A795-1B8A6AC3263A.jpeg

Got the one where she smashes the Beethoven bust and he just gets up and opens the closet that is full of Beethoven busts and puts a new one on his piano?

the meta jokes are too big to isolate in that one

I don't know how CNN is covering costs from ads with these numbers. Another round of layoff coming soon?

CNN Death Spiral Continues with Double Digit Q2 Ratings Collapse

The far-left fake news outlet CNN came in 15th place in primetime during the previous quarter and lost nearly 20 percent of its already pathetic viewership.
Let’s go straight to the numbers…

During the second quarter of this year, here’s how the average viewing audience stacked up…

Primetime

FOX: 2.4 million

MSNBC: 1.67 million

CNN LOL: 761,000

Total Day

FOX:  1.32 million

MSNBC: 900,000

CNN LOL: 541,000

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't know how CNN is covering costs from ads with these numbers. Another round of layoff coming soon?

CNN Death Spiral Continues with Double Digit Q2 Ratings Collapse

The far-left fake news outlet CNN came in 15th place in primetime during the previous quarter and lost nearly 20 percent of its already pathetic viewership.
Let’s go straight to the numbers…

During the second quarter of this year, here’s how the average viewing audience stacked up…

Primetime

FOX: 2.4 million

MSNBC: 1.67 million

CNN LOL: 761,000

Total Day

FOX:  1.32 million

MSNBC: 900,000

CNN LOL: 541,000

</snip>

And 540,999 of them are waiting for connecting flights.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2