Tre White - no apology from Gronk

BuffaloBill

Gotta love this kid:

White said. "I'm not going to change the way I play. I'm going out there and just get in his face and try to throw the timing off. I think I do a great job of doing that ... and try to make the plays that my coaches and my teammates expect me to make."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000896397/article/tredavious-white-hasnt-received-apology-from-gronk

The quote I thought was most noteworthy is this one:

"No, I haven't heard from him, and I don't plan to. He's a competitor just like I am, so I know that instinct," White said.

My guess is that he'll hear from Gronk in the offseason, but maybe not.

I think White's quote above is classy and mature.  Good on him.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The quote I thought was most noteworthy is this one:

"No, I haven't heard from him, and I don't plan to. He's a competitor just like I am, so I know that instinct," White said.

My guess is that he'll hear from Gronk in the offseason, but maybe not.

I think White's quote above is classy and mature.  Good on him.

Patriots know how to weasel out of every situation. Expect Gronk to find White during the pregame and have a few words in an attempt to eliminate any cheap shots. I'd bet BB has gone over it with the barbarian already. 

Saw the interview, then saw his comments on PFT and I was physically sickened by the classlessness of Cheatriots fans.

"He was holding so he got what he deserved."

"Stop whining, why isn't he over it. He should shut up."

I now hope awful things happen to that team more than I ever have. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Saw the interview, then saw his comments on PFT and I was physically sickened by the classlessness of Cheatriots fans.

"He was holding so he got what he deserved."

"Stop whining, why isn't he over it. He should shut up."

I now hope awful things happen to that team more than I ever have. 

The reaction from Pats nation was pathetic.

Poor victimized Gronk - dealing with the incomprehensible frustration of having his jersey tugged late in a 20 point win.

Imagine being his parents. From my understanding they still live in the Buffalo area and are nice decent people and they have a son who is a thug and a dirty player. And no, I don't buy into the theory that he isn't because over his career he hasn't been labeled a thug and dirty player. Truth be told, no player is labeled that until they are so now he is!

22 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

classlessness of Cheatriots fans.

Didn’t your English teachers cover lessons about not being redundant?  

Even for Cheats* fans those remarks are pretty stupid.  Tre” said he was not making a big deal of it.

13 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Imagine being his parents. From my understanding they still live in the Buffalo area and are nice decent people and they have a son who is a thug and a dirty player. And no, I don't buy into the theory that he isn't because over his career he hasn't been labeled a thug and dirty player. Truth be told, no player is labeled that until they are so now he is!

I have yet to see anyone, other than Bills fans, label him as such.  Personally, I disagree with the label.

18 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Bills fans would LOVE Gronk to be on the Bills. Just like we hate Brad Marchand of the Bruins - would love him to be a Sabre.

Gronk I see your point but that hit was atrocious.  I wouldn't want Marchand on any team I root for as he is a weasly piece of crap from the word go.