ESPN predicts Alex Smith as starting Bills QB in 2018.

PIZ

Just now, 87168 said:

not everyone is so eager to push TT out the door. until a QB comes in, and legitimately beats his, we keep him. we have a playoff qb, whether one wants to admit it or not.

how does that compare in the grand scheme of things? Smith just lost yet ANOTHER playoff game, and he is on a team with recognizably better weapons and staff.

Well I certainly like Tyrod (the person anyway) too, but I think you will be having to kiss him goodbye. Sorry. 

My question was for 26 (not you), who is mindful of Tyrod's limitations. He's also not keen on another vet as a bridge it seems.

So I just wanted to know what QB he wanted in this year's class.

But I don't think he wants to answer that question, for whatever reason.

20 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

That is total nonsense...A. Smith’s arm talent is better, he actually audibles at the line, he’s more accurate, anticipates receivers open, all things Tyrod can’t do - except the arm, Tyrod’s is pretty good.

Andy Reid is an offensive genius, put Tyrod in that system with that talent and I think you see similar results. Alex Smith is a limited QB just as Tyrod is. It seems like at best a slight upgrade or a lateral move in my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I watched the game. See how many times he dumped off, threw it away or ran around and got tackled or sacked? 

How is that an improvement over Tyrod? 

He's competent. Like Tyrod. that's it. 

Tell me how many passes were straight dropped by WR's then? Smith was not the reason why the Chiefs lost tonight. If you truly watched the game you would know this.

Either way, I am happy they lost. Only thing I need now is the Pats to loss next week to us.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Why pick up Smith when we have Tyrod who can manage a game about as effectively? Alex Smith isn't much of an upgrade from Tyrod at all. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Andy Reid is an offensive genius, put Tyrod in that system with that talent and I think you see similar results. Alex Smith is a limited QB just as Tyrod is. It seems like at best a slight upgrade or a lateral move in my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I watched the game. See how many times he dumped off, threw it away or ran around and got tackled or sacked? 

27 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL at thinking Alex Smith is going to be an upgrade over TT. 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 - 33 for 264 yards and 2 TDs.  That loss is not on him.  I'd be more than excited to have him.  How many 60 yard games did he have this year?  He'll be available for cheap, because Andy Reid will be looking for a scape goat.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Tyrod and Alex Smith are the same as steel and aluminum - both qualify as metals, but one was made to last and ensure and the other folds under pressure and underperforms. Smith can be a very good bridge QB, Tyrod has no QB capability - he’s an incredible athlete, but does not have the pocket presence, height, accuracy, or mental acumen for the position. Alex Smith has all those things. 

27 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

There is a reason Smith was a former #1 overall pick - in the right system Alex Smith is as almost any QB in the NFL save, Brady - Rodgers and Brees.

41 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

not sure how this would be an upgrade over Tyrod.  if he's better it's not by much but he's also older and more expensive.  meh

The age gap barely registers as neither is a 10 year answer at any age

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, it'd be like getting a slightly better Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McNown. Okay, I guess...but if all you're looking for is a placeholder until we groom THE GUY, it's just silly to move on from TT to do so. 

Now, if you really think Smith is a franchise guy, I get it. 

53 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Well I certainly like Tyrod (the person anyway) too, but I think you will be having to kiss him goodbye. Sorry. 

My question was for 26 (not you), who is mindful of Tyrod's limitations. He's also not keen on another vet as a bridge it seems.

So I just wanted to know what QB he wanted in this year's class.

But I don't think he wants to answer that question, for whatever reason.

again, I am not opposed to letting him go, but not until we have a clear upgrade in place. I'm not making the argument that he is a franchise qb that we should keep long term. simply put, until we have better...keep him.

this is a forum, if you wanted a private conversation, perhaps inbox next time.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:37 AM, section122 said:

Seriously.  Anyone who despises Tyrod it will take you 1 week or maybe 2 before you have the same complaints with Smith.  If they are going to do this I would rather they just kept TT.  Smith has been my player comp for TT for the last couple of years.  I know Smith is white and Tyrod is black so that might be difficult for some people but it is true :ph34r::lol:

Neither QB is good enough to carry their team to key wins. Neither QB will ever win a SB in their remaining time in the NFL. I would rather roll with a rookie and Peterman and try and win a SB like the Seahawks did. Use the cap savings to improve the trenches and offensive talent.

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

They took away his safety valve, Travis Kelce. Any good QB need a capable TE. Go down the line if you have to.

and we have one in Clay....Just keep passing to him and he will make plays.

1 hour ago, 87168 said:

again, I am not opposed to letting him go, but not until we have a clear upgrade in place. I'm not making the argument that he is a franchise qb that we should keep long term. simply put, until we have better...keep him.

this is a forum, if you wanted a private conversation, perhaps inbox next time.

Well I certainly agree that we should hold on to him if we cannot do better.

If you revisit my post you will see that I was asking 26 who he wanted to draft as part of an ongoing discussion. The sort of thing that happens on a message board. I appreciate your intervention but only he can answer that question.

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nah...Smith had chances to make plays and he didn't.  Not the first time we have seen this from him.

He should throw and catch the Ball I guess like Mariotta. WR's were straight dropping everything he threw hitting them in stride.

Loss was all on their coaching staff and weak ass D.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here's an interesting tidbit from Buffalo lore for you to chew on....when Alex was a UFA, the OBD braintrusts and omnipotent "Purveyors of QB Development" termed him a "lateral move from Fitzy" and passed....their QB position assessment is legendary...it is just NOT that an important of a position....

It was a good assessment. 

Just like my assessment of the Music City Miracle.(I did not think it was a lateral but is was so close it effectively was)

Alex can not win playoff games. If Beane gives up the 1st that the Chiefs game Bills it is a fireable offense.

Edited by cba fan