Rolling Ball of Butcher Knives

BigSky

Kyle Williams appreciation thread. Name your favorite KW memory or just your thought on what he has meant to the Bills. If this topic already exists please delete!

For me KW exemplifies the blue collar work ethic of Buffalo with a never say die attitude. Hope he finally gets to the playoffs this year. Nobody deserves it more!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

After he was drafted by Marv Levy in 2006! Levy described his playing style as "The Tasmanian Devil playing with Butcher Knives Strapped to his hands"! He wasn't far off with that statement! He turned into one of the best D Linemen and team leader in Bills history!

Kyle Williams is the epitome of the blue collar work ethic and may very well be one of the best human beings to ever wear a Bills uniform.  To me one of the greatest tragedies is that a player with the talent of Dareus stood next to him and played with such inconsistency.  If Dareus had Kyle’s work ethic he would be headed to the HOF.

• Like (+1) 1

Kyle has been the embodiment of what we want from a football player: someone who maximizes every scintilla of talent to benefit the team, conduct himself professionally every single game on the field and consistently off the field, provides strong leadership, has excellent character, produces in game and continuously finds ways to give back to the fans and people of the community. He has been everything you could ever hope for in terms of the total package and for ALLLLLLL of that to come in the 5th round speaks volumes to what it means to view each pick of the Draft as truly potentially franchise development. 

A huge Thank You to Kyle Williams for all of the aforementioned attributes and contributions as player, a gentlemen, and community member. 

7 hours ago, BigSky said:

Kyle Williams appreciation thread. Name your favorite KW memory or just your thought on what he has meant to the Bills. If this topic already exists please delete!

For me KW exemplifies the blue collar work ethic of Buffalo with a never say die attitude. Hope he finally gets to the playoffs this year. Nobody deserves it more!

Love me some Meatball!

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This was my first thought.

Also I would add Kyle's name to the thread title if you want more traffic.

Good point.

I opened this thread thinking it was recommending we sign Trent Richardson, since heis the only guy I have personally heard called a "rolling ball or butcher knives" by the colts coach or owner after trading a 1st for him.

3 hours ago, chetehc said:

After he was drafted by Marv Levy in 2006! Levy described his playing style as "The Tasmanian Devil playing with Butcher Knives Strapped to his hands"! He wasn't far off with that statement! He turned into one of the best D Linemen and team leader in Bills history!

That was Travis Henry....a bowling bowl with butcher knives.

Apparently the game he played against the Steelers (where Stevie dropped the ot pass) was one of the all-time greatest games ever played by a defensive lineman, according to some fancy stats. 

Hopefully he's back next season, but it doesn't look likely with how he was acting leaving the field yesterday. 

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Kyle Williams is the epitome of the blue collar work ethic and may very well be one of the best human beings to ever wear a Bills uniform.  To me one of the greatest tragedies is that a player with the talent of Dareus stood next to him and played with such inconsistency.  If Dareus had Kyle’s work ethic he would be headed to the HOF.

Marcell Dareus is headed to the Hall of Fame.

Word is after the season he is planning a trip to nearby McDonaldsville, Ohio which is just down the road from the HOF.

He is going to be disappointed. He is expecting a food related theme park.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonaldsville,_Ohio

36 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Apparently the game he played against the Steelers (where Stevie dropped the ot pass) was one of the all-time greatest games ever played by a defensive lineman, according to some fancy stats. 

Hopefully he's back next season, but it doesn't look likely with how he was acting leaving the field yesterday. 

I was going to say the steelers game a while back. He was absolutely dominant.

41 minutes ago, RVJ said:

That was Travis Henry....a bowling bowl with butcher knives.

Kyle was definitely called a bowling ball with butcher knives coming out of college.

The thing is I don't have one specific memory of Kyle. And I Think that sums up kyles careeer because he is just so underrated and does everything right.

Gave his heart and soul to this team even when the Bills would be out of the playoffs every single year for his 13 years.

Going to miss this man if he retires. Really one of my favourite Bills of all time 

4 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Good point.

I opened this thread thinking it was recommending we sign Trent Richardson, since heis the only guy I have personally heard called a "rolling ball or butcher knives" by the colts coach or owner after trading a 1st for him.

That term has been around for quite some time, generally used for a heavy running back that has moves.

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Hope we get to enjoy his play for another couple seasons, then put him immediately on the coaching staff (if he has any desire to coach).

Honestly with all the effort he put into grooming MD, wouldn't be shocked if he goes the coaching route. Would love to see him added as an assistant D line coach when he retired. Guys look up to him and I'm betting he has a ton of wisdom to teach.