More from obd

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Bills would be fools to not look into signing Cousins.  

They won't have to break the bank to sign him either.  Kirk will go to the best situation for him, his family and his career, not strictly to who pays him the most.  Being a DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virgina) area resident, that's what I gather.

What is breaking the bank? I'm pretty sure you're wrong. He's going to be near 30 mil a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Bills would be fools to not look into signing Cousins.  

They won't have to break the bank to sign him either.  Kirk will go to the best situation for him, his family and his career, not strictly to who pays him the most.  Being a DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virgina) area resident, that's what I gather.

You’re out of touch with reality 

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I've heard that the Pegulas want an open air stadium. Steelers and Ravend the models.

Economical, solid, football stadiums.

I have ZERO idea what they want, or what is economically feasible, but I can see the benefits of having a more versatile facility to generate additional revenue. I think they have a big picture view, but I may be wrong, and the numbers just may not work. I’m in the south and Atlanta needs a retractable roof so they can use it more. I’m curious to see how it turns out,. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I have ZERO idea what they want, or what is economically feasible, but I can see the benefits of having a more versatile facility to generate additional revenue. I think they have a big picture view, but I may be wrong, and the numbers just may not work. I’m in the south and Atlanta needs a retractable roof so they can use it more. I’m curious to see how it turns out,. 

Riiiiight...

Wherever I need a tool, I use that line on my wife.  I think she's not buying it anymore.  Crap, just before I was gonna hit her up for the Ferrari... That's a "tool" we can use a lot, right?

Oh, does anybody need a gently used table saw? :D

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Wait, so the following is breaking news? 

1) Tyrod Taylor has shown himself to be a mediocre QB and the bills will trade him for a mid round pick to the only other team to express an interest in him?

2) the bills may be interested in signing Kirk cousins, the only viable FA QB on the market?

3) the bills may be building a new stadium to replace their 30-year old one?

4) and the bills may try to re-sign an aging but key Veteran in Kyle Williams to a team friendly deal?

Shocking!!

man-shocked-black.jpg

This is exactly how "psychics" make their money. Every rational person knows Taylor is gone, just like they know a new stadium is coming in ~5 years. But man, when you deliver news in that style, heads explode. Let me try...

A little birdie told me that the next massive Bills project is going to happen on Perry St.

Whatever that means.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

Terry Pegula does not want a dome. I wish I could say more.

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think Taylor has an option clause this year.

Perhaps you mean his roster bonus?  I get confused about the rules there myself, but after reading up: whatever team he's on pays the roster bonus.

I think it's due the 3rd day of the new League Year so March 17 (might be the 5th) so they can trade him between March 14th and March 17th and the partner would pay.

I think.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/3/10/14881226/tyrod-taylor-restructured-contract-2017-nfl-free-agency-doug-whaley-buffalo-bills

"Buffalo was able to shorten the length of Tyrod’s deal. They can move on from him in a year with a relatively minimal cap hit of $8.64 million or let him play out the last year of his contract and let him become a free agent. His earlier contract ran through 2021."

Well I guess it's not technically an option. It's just that we can cut him without a huge Cap hit in the first 4 or 5 days of the new league year.

My misunderstanding. I guess Taylor's even more likely to still be a Buffalo Bill next year than I thought. 0:)

22 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Terry Pegula does not want a dome. I wish I could say more.

What's that supposed to mean? He's stated that somewhere before? I'm pretty sure 99% of owners WANT a dome, it's just a matter of affording the construction of a domed stadium.

And just because it's an indoor stadium, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be one of those massive palaces that Jones, Blank & Kroenke like. Lucas Oil Stadium (Colts) cost $856 million (adjusted for inflation), Ford Field (Lions) cost $696 million, NRG Stadium (Texans) cost $490 million (Man...Texas is awesome), and University of Phoenix Stadium (Cardinals) cost $556 million. 

Problem is a lot of owners want to go ALL-OUT and put the nicest, most luxurious and absolute best of everything in these stadiums. The box seats are of huge importance, so they make them as flashy and prestigious looking as possible to attract as much money as possible. We could feasibly build a fixed or retractable roof stadium if they were smart with their money and didn't feel the need to one-up the last palace built.

I know luxury suites are important, but New Era Field only has like 60 or so executive suites right? They wouldn't have to add a ton more, as they know their audience isn't primarily made up of a bunch of rich businessmen or upper-class white collar people. And I'd think the Pegula's would be financing the stadium privately (with possible small assistance from the county), so they'd want to make sure it was economical.

6 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I will stop sharing if you think it is bs. Thought you might find this valuable 

Don't listen to these children. These interwebs can be a foul place where faceless fools abound.

Thanks for the info. and Go Bills!

1 hour ago, QCity said:

This is exactly how "psychics" make their money. Every rational person knows Taylor is gone, just like they know a new stadium is coming in ~5 years. But man, when you deliver news in that style, heads explode. Let me try...

A little birdie told me that the next massive Bills project is going to happen on Perry St.

Whatever that means.

So, because it makes logical sense, it can't be news. Thanks for that long winded diatribe of nuthin.

Edited by Fan boy '92