Actual Bowl watching 2017 edition

row_33

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

Iowa had better cleats for the second half, BC     slipped and fell a half dozen times on the frozen field.

it was tough to watch.  the run game is the one thing going for that team, and unless it was north and south, the run game just wasn't happening.  bc could have won it, but they just made too many mistakes.

....Rudolph & Falk playing today...............

Dec. 28

Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
Virginia vs. Navy
1:30 p.m. ESPN
Jack Stephens Field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Annapolis, Maryland
Tickets

Camping World Bowl
No. 22 Virginia Tech vs. No. 19 Oklahoma State
5:15 p.m., ESPN
Camping World Stadium
Orlando, Florida
Tickets

Valero Alamo Bowl
No. 13 Stanford vs. No. 15 TCU
9 p.m., ESPN
Alamodome
San Antonio, Texas
Tickets

San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl
No. 18 Washington State vs. No. 16 Michigan State
9 p.m., FOX
SDCCU Stadium
San Diego
Tickets

There was an uneasy memory about Odell Haggins' name as I watched the FSU game.  Then it hit me.  He was the whipping boy of the DL when Levy refused to get a real DT until Fat Ted was forced down his throat.  Ah the memories.  Hope he does better at FSU than he did in Orchard Park.

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Mason Rudolph has always been my guy, he is #3 for me behind Rosen and Darnold but my gut instinct is telling me that Allen would thrive in Buffalo.

My top 3 are Darnold, Rudolph, Allen. I want no part of the spoiled premadonna Rosen. Maybe consider Mayfield if he measures 6-1?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I like Mason Rudolph a lot

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

And just like that Mason Rudolph drops another dime for a touchdown. And he's doing it against a very strong Division 1 defense.

He's going to be gone by the time we pick. I'd take a chance on Allen, sit him down for a year behind Alex Smith hopefully. Take Allen or Rudolph with our 1st, send our 3rd to KC for Smith, double up on QB.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

He's going to be gone by the time we pick. I'd take a chance on Allen, sit him down for a year behind Alex Smith hopefully. Take Allen or Rudolph with our 1st, send our 3rd to KC for Smith, double up on QB.

I'm not opposed to that strategy but I would prefer to spend more draft ammunition on Rudolph than Allen. I think Josh Allen will take slightly longer to develop then Rudolph. Let Smith groom him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm not opposed to that strategy but I would prefer to spend more draft ammunition on Rudolph than Allen. I think Josh Allen will take slightly longer to develop then Rudolph. Let Smith groom him.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane is there watching him in person. He fits his profile. 

I don't think Rudolph will ever be 'elite' but he has the potential to be a top 10-15 QB. Certainly doesn't have the mobility of Michael Vick nor does he have the elite arm talent of Rodgers or Brady but he is a smart, pocket QB that will never be great but good enough to build a team around and certainly good enough to win games with.

28 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Nah they can trade up for him if they want him. He won’t be that much higher than our pick. Package our two firsts.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rudolph just threw the ball to a receiver short of the sticks on 3rd down.  I don't want him in Buffalo. :rolleyes:

His accuracy is spotty with the long ball (often under throws, sometimes over, generally accurate at intermediate range. Only average arm strength, doesn't deal well with pressure at all - worse than Rosen in that regard. Has a lot of weapons - Washington and Ateman are NFL calibre. Hill gives him a decent running game to work with.

He has franchise QB measurables, 6'5" 230, but I think any team drafting him as a franchise guy will be disappointed. Huge drop off from Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield IMO. I would not pick him from this class. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GG said:

There was an uneasy memory about Odell Haggins' name as I watched the FSU game.  Then it hit me.  He was the whipping boy of the DL when Levy refused to get a real DT until Fat Ted was forced down his throat.  Ah the memories.  Hope he does better at FSU than he did in Orchard Park.

Fat Ted?! Are you serious? Ted Washington was the  best NT we ever had and one of the greatest ever.

Ugh. I’d get it if this was some random bowl game, but USC is a big time matchup and a very important game for Ohio State. Zeke and Bosa playing against ND in 2015 pretty much means that everyone should play in every bowl game.  On top of that, Urban has been promising for a month that everyone will go, and earlier this week Billy Price was insulted at the mere suggestion that someone might sit this one out. Weak move if true. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.