Carson Wentz has a torn ACL; out for the year

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

All of these good QB's getting hurt and Brady is now in his 40's like he has some kind of forcefield around him.

I think the league might be intimidated to hit him and take shots because of his legacy...and no I’m not kidding...I’ve seen players take it easy on him instead of really driving him into the turf, unlike other QBs that don’t have quite the resume

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

All of these good QB's getting hurt and Brady is now in his 40's like he has some kind of forcefield around him.

Its like the league does everything they can to protect him............

As for Wentz, sucks to be an Eagles fan if true, but oh well, thats the game and injuries happen to everyone......except Brady

Saw the play where Wentz was hurt............this is why you don't want your franchise QB running with the football, especially at the goal line.  He was sandwiched between two defenders, and I had a feeling he was hurt as soon as he got up, although he tried to tough it out.

10 minutes ago, gobillsinytown said:

Saw the play where Wentz was hurt............this is why you don't want your franchise QB running with the football, especially at the goal line.  He was sandwiched between two defenders, and I had a feeling he was hurt as soon as he got up, although he tried to tough it out.

Wasn't that the one when he scored the TD but it was called back for a hold, then he went off to get checked for a possible concussion after the scored the next TD? After the next play of course when they scored the TD (Can't take the chance and get him out after the hit, gotta wait til they score, the concussion will still be there)

I don't know if thats the one where he may have injured the ACL

As a person I feel terrible for Wentz.  ACL injuries are too common.  

However I don't feel bad for their fans one bit.  We've gone through too much for me to sympathize with any fan base.  I'm not happy their going through it or wish it - but that's some small potatoes compared to my sports agony.  

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I think the league might be intimidated to hit him and take shots because of his legacy...and no I’m not kidding...I’ve seen players take it easy on him instead of really driving him into the turf, unlike other QBs that don’t have quite the resume

It's not due to any legacy, it's due to the officials giving him extra special protection from the rules. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It's not due to any legacy, it's due to the officials giving him extra special protection from the rules. 

The difference with Brady is he rarely leaves the pocket.  QBs like Wentz that make plays outside of the pocket are more prone to injuries because they run all over the field and try to make a play with their legs.  The downside of having an athletic QB.  

19 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady avoids big shots. Young guys gotta learn to do the same.

Awful news for the game... Too many star QBs going down

Great point.  These kids need to play smarter.  I have absolutely loved watching Wentz kick ass this year.  I hope he's okay.

• Like (+1) 1