McDermott Respect from The Hoodie

Irv

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I think your being a little narrow minded on what Belichick has accomplished and what his history is about. Might want to do a little research.

Anyone would be blind not to acknowledge what B.B. has accomplished. Maybe the greatest HC of all time ( personally I like Walsh) All I’m saying is that it wasn’t done overnight. He didn’t win his first SB til his 7th year of being a HC. 

McD in time may bear the same fruit. Maybe not. He’ll have 7-8 wins in his rookie season. He’s got a bunch of picks next draft and a good eye for talent.  

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So, in your mind since it's too early to tell, hwo can you possibly make judgements on McDermott?

I'm not the one who did dumbass.

Someone else claimed that the roster is mediocre and insinuated that it wasn't McDermott's fault.

I merely pointed out that many of the players who are seeing playing time this season are decisions made by McDermott.  A lot of them weren't even here last year.

So, of course McDermott shares the blame for this roster being mediocre if that is what people want to call it.

40 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Did you miss the part in the first sentence that states HC? Yeah he took them to the playoffs, in his 4th season. He averaged 6 wins a season the other 4. He went 5-11 his first year with the Pats and then got Brady.  How about giving McD the same opportunity.

Point out where I say that McD show leave...I'll wait.....

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No where does it say spectacular....because no on has claimed he was spectacular in Cleveland, straw man killer.

He greatly improved a bad team with the few scraps he had and won a playoff game.  

Ok, you didn’t say spectacular, fair enough. But apparently its obvious you’re impressed with his Cleveland resume for whatever reason. If McD puts up 3 consecutive seasons averaging 6 wins you know what he’ll be called?

Former Buffalo Bills coach McDermott.

Edited by billsbackto81

28 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It appeared to me that McD brought it up to BB first.  The way it looked, the hoodie was looking for a quick hand shake and walk to the locker room.  His response was commendable, but I’m not so sure if he would have apologized to McD (or even mentioned the situation) if it wasn’t brought up to him first.

Replayed that moment a few times. You are correct. But even calling that an apology is weak. The hoodie wanted out of there. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

A realistic possibility. BB has lost 125 NFL games, you think McDermott is going to have 12, 10 win seasons?

But that could be said of a lot of coaches... Jeff Fisher, Marvin Lewis, Bruce Arians, Rex Ryan, Jason Garrett, etc... Many of them lose quite a bit of games, so it'll take a long *** time to surpass those numbers with wins.

It was more of a mutual understanding between two coaches who, regardless of the responsible party, knew it was complete crap. McD said something like, "Nothing personal but what happened out there was f*cked up." And Belichick said, "Oh I know, yeah, it was bull *****t" in a genuine tone of voice. Belichick may push the envelope with the rules but he certainly doesn't coach his players to do what Gronk did and I hope he tore Gronk a new one on Monday. He clearly wasn't pleased with him because Gronk spent the next offensive series on the bench. 

13 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

It was more of a mutual understanding between two coaches who, regardless of the responsible party, knew it was complete crap. McD said something like, "Nothing personal but what happened out there was f*cked up." And Belichick said, "Oh I know, yeah, it was bull *****t" in a genuine tone of voice. Belichick may push the envelope with the rules but he certainly doesn't coach his players to do what Gronk did and I hope he tore Gronk a new one on Monday. He clearly wasn't pleased with him because Gronk spent the next offensive series on the bench. 

LOL!!!

He pretty much brushed him off on the way to the locker room. How can you tell it was a genuine tone of voice? lol

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

We're talking about before brady, numbnuts.

Well, since you're going that direction let's talk about who they brought in:

Poyer

Hyde

Gaines

Benjamin

Jones

Dawkins

Milano

Seems to me the majority of the players they've added are pretty solid pieces, as opposed to the previous regime's leftovers.

We get that. But the whole point of a rebuild is to get better by keeping the best good young talent(not dumping them for 10 cents on the dollar) and adding as they did from your list. That list looks very nice I agree.
 So we have hope then.

56 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Poyer is FAR from average. Benjamin, as well. Milano is going to be a solid starter for us, and Gaines as well (i believe they'll bring him back.) Dennison was McDermott's third choice, and I think he'll be shown the door.

You don't like what you've seen from Cadet?

Cadet has been a very nice add.  Too bad he wasn't on the roster at the beginning of the season backing up McCoy. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A BB handshake and some comments in the coaches ear? 

Really? Fans are clinging to that for McDermott? 

I thought the guy was being sarcastic. But I think he serious. 

No surprise you think it's rationale. Keep em coming Joe.?

I apologize, I just came to say I'm annoyed this keeps getting bumped to the top of the thread. BB just grumbles nonsense before jogging away. It's too bad we haven't seen him lose as much cause he never cares to show any respect.

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

has more losses than mcdermott will ever have wins? wtf is that ****

A silly statement. 

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

A realistic possibility. BB has lost 125 NFL games, you think McDermott is going to have 12, 10 win seasons?

Actually highly probable, but something you could easily claim about any rookie coach and most coaches in general. 

1 hour ago, Badthingsman said:

Reality

As per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_head_coaches_with_50_wins there are plenty of great coaches with less wins than Belichiks 127 losses: George Allen, John Madden, Sean Payton....not to mention Bill Walsh and um, Vince Lombardi. 

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

We're talking about before brady, numbnuts.

Well, since you're going that direction let's talk about who they brought in:

Poyer

Hyde

Gaines

Benjamin

Jones

Dawkins

Milano

Seems to me the majority of the players they've added are pretty solid pieces, as opposed to the previous regime's leftovers.

Peterman

Matthews

Tolbert

Ducasse

I wouldn't list Benjamin, Jones, or gained as runaway successes either. I'm guessing that was the point of your selection of guys?

Kaelin Klay?

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Peterman

Matthews

Tolbert

Ducasse

I wouldn't list Benjamin, Jones, or gained as runaway successes either. I'm guessing that was the point of your selection of guys?

Kaelin Klay?

I'm going to have to side with Joe Sixpack for using numbnuts successfully in a sentence. But aside from the secondary I see a gutted roster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, westside said:

LOL!!!

He pretty much brushed him off on the way to the locker room. How can you tell it was a genuine tone of voice? lol

Right? You have to be really digging deep to create a narrative to wax about how respectful Bills mumble was

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It appeared to me that McD brought it up to BB first.  The way it looked, the hoodie was looking for a quick hand shake and walk to the locker room.  His response was commendable, but I’m not so sure if he would have apologized to McD (or even mentioned the situation) if it wasn’t brought up to him first.

exactly my feelings. McD is holding on for dear life trying to get a word in..Bellicheat don't give a ****.

Also, Bellicheat was a .500 coach before Brady.  Let's get off the Lovefest.  He is nothing but a defensive mind and then Brady came along.  Finally, do you know who else was a .500 coach?  Yes that fat bastard Rex Ryan!