• Announcements

• SDS

Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
Sign in to follow this  
Steptide

Who do you want to start this week, Peterman or Taylor?

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

Trying to generate any measure of enthusiasm for either...

I'm not sure you will generate "enthusiasm" for either :).  I'd be fine with Peterman despite his last start (starting v. Bosa and Ingram and an underrated secondary is not easy); and I'm fine with TT also.  The fact we have 2 QB's who could start hopefully makes it harder for the Colts to prep.  

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Just direct snap it to Shady and Cadet all day.

Joe Webb wildcat plays.  Need to do more of those also.  

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't really care right now.

I'm rooting for 10-6 and playoffs, but that's pretty unrealistic watching this team.

9-7 is realistic, I think, but a bit of a longshot given that we'd need either the Ravens or Titans to lose 3 of their next 4.

someone is going to lose a game or two that we just don't see right now, could be us this Sunday!

But I still think they have a chance, last Sunday did nothing to change that. I am fine with either as well, but if Taylor is not 100%, gotta go with Peterman I think.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm gonna say Peterman. I think at this point the writing is on the wall for Taylor. I know Peterman's last start was a train wreck to say the least, but I wanna see him play a full game. 

Having said that, I do wanna see this team make the playoffs. If the coaching staff starts Taylor this week, I'm ok with that too if it helps us get to 9-7

Preach!

Dont think it matters, both qbs are average at best, winning just harms the team anyways.

the pats took care of one of the bills few talented players, its a hot mess 

and depressing how far away from the playoffs the bills really are.

Edited by Albwan

My real question is does it matter? I mean in the sense of what Taylor or Peterman can do for this season.

At least that's how I feel. You start Peterman if you think he still has a shot at the NFL. You do this knowing it will most likely look ugly but maybe the light turns on and he flashes a bunch.

You start Taylor just to not look as bad as it looked the last time you put Peterman in. You put Taylor in because he's your safety net. 

We are not making the playoffs. You have to see what pieces matter to you moving into next year. I don't know who I would start. 

I'd start Peterman just for entertainment value and you won't get many chances to see him in a live game and that could be valuable if you still think he has a shot.

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I never want to see Tyrod as a Bill again, I do not care if it is Webb all I care about is next drafts QB. I would rather see if Peterman can get better before the end of the season though.

Me too ...This.

I genuinely don't think we're making the playoffs, so we might as well start Peterman. Give him a few games, and let us know if we need to draft one or two QBs next year. 

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

someone is going to lose a game or two that we just don't see right now, could be us this Sunday!

But I still think they have a chance, last Sunday did nothing to change that. I am fine with either as well, but if Taylor is not 100%, gotta go with Peterman I think.

Not a chance in hell Taylor is 100%.

If the injury is what it they've reported it as, I think it needs at least 5-7 days of rest to heal, which would mean he'd need to sit out from practice.

So, to me, if Taylor is practicing tomorrow and/or Thursday, Taylor is pretty much just telling the medical staff there's no way in hell he's sitting on the bench.  And this is why McDermott's comments that "Taylor is our starter when healthy" is a little confusing, to me.  This was a window for him to start Peterman against the Colts for sure with absolutely no public/media/team backlash.

Who knows, we'll see.

Tyrod's good as gone in 2018; so play the kid Peterman and see if he improves or warrants us to not need to take a QB earlier than later in the 2018 draft. 

48 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Colts starting CB's are both out or banged up, they have a limited pass rush and a bad defense overall. If McD could ever pick a game that would allow Peterman to feel his way through and get some seasoning this would be it.

Tyrod is tough, he will limp out there if they let him. I'd prefer they go back to Peterman but since they made the mistake against the Chargers I understand why they can't do it.

I agree. This would be a great game for Peterman's development 

I'd say Taylor this week--- best chance to win against a poor Colts team. If he loses that one, Peterman finishes out the year.

Taylor.  They are still in the hunt, so they owe to the Vets on the team.  We lose this week then green light for NP.  Or if Taylor is struggling at half time, pull him and try to spark team with NP.  

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Peterman.  And leave him in, no matter what.

This is where I’m at. Tyrod isn’t in the plans for next year. He could still be a valuable trade option in the offseason so there’s no reason to risk an injury for an extremely slim chance to sneak into the playoffs and lose in the first round.

Also I’m impressed with Peterman bouncing back. He was embarrassed against LA, some people couldn’t come back from that. But he came in prepared and looked pretty sharp against New England. Let him throw his interceptions the rest of the year and hope he develops into a better decision maker. I think him and Benjamin could develop a nice rapport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I've seen enough. 

Taylor is actually above average when looking at the starters in the NFL.  But, carry on

that's that damn North Cakalacky stubborness in you showing again.  

No More Taylor.   Let me yell and scream at the ineptitude of another QB for a month.    

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Peterman because the writing is on the wall for Taylor and chances at playoffs are slim.

Slim, practically non existent.  My best guess is 2-2 for 8-8.    maybe just maybe 3-1 for 9-7. maybe the opposite and we win 0 to 2 games.

Beat Indy and Miami in Buffalo, lose the last 2 on the road.  

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Taylor.  They are still in the hunt, so they owe to the Vets on the team.  We lose this week then green light for NP.  Or if Taylor is struggling at half time, pull him and try to spark team with NP.  

They don’t owe the vets anything other than the contracts they’re paid. Either way McDermott can use Tyrod’s injury as a good excuse. He said “Tyrod is the starter when healthy” and personally I think that was a deliberate word choice. If we beat the Colts with Peterman, and I suspect we would, that gives him the green light to keep Peterman in the rest of the season. It’s the perfect time to make the permanent switch.

3 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I never want to see Tyrod as a Bill again, I do not care if it is Webb all I care about is next drafts QB. I would rather see if Peterman can get better before the end of the season though.

This is exactly how I feel. The TT experiment is officially over. Play Webb or Peterman. Playoffs this year are a pipe dream. Position yourself as an organization to get hopefully your franchise QB. When's the last time the Bills have drafted in the top 5 for a qb?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

They don’t owe the vets anything other than the contracts they’re paid. Either way McDermott can use Tyrod’s injury as a good excuse. He said “Tyrod is the starter when healthy” and personally I think that was a deliberate word choice. If we beat the Colts with Peterman, and I suspect we would, that gives him the green light to keep Peterman in the rest of the season. It’s the perfect time to make the permanent switch.

If the oline actually blocks for a change and the wr's stop dropping passes, NP might just scratch out 2-3 wins to end the season.

If Taylor's not healthy, Peterman.  If Taylor is healthy, then he should start as long as we're mathematically alive for the playoffs.

Is there anyone here who thinks this team can win its last four games regardless of who's quarterback?

No? Okay, then we all agree Peterman should start.

• Like 2