Should Mc-Bean Pull a Whale-y of a Deal ??

T master

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If they pull that kind of move for Baker Mayfield, you can start the countdown clock to, both, Sean and Brandon's time in Buffalo.

Thats kind of extreme. It’s a crap shoot with any quarterback I actually kinda like Mayfield. 

15 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I say trade a 3rd for Kirk Cousins and be done with it.  The Redskins want compensation and don't see him as a legit option.  I think we our 11 man philosophy it would be perfect.

In my opinion, there is NO WAY that Cousins is available for a third.  If he was, I'd say hell yes.

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

In my opinion, there is NO WAY that Cousins is available for a third.  If he was, I'd say hell yes.

I thought Cousin's isn't under contract after this year?  What would be the point?

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Thats kind of extreme. It’s a crap shoot with any quarterback I actually kinda like Mayfield. 

He's a great college QB, but he won't fare well in the NFL, in my opinion.

I've seen this script already with Manziel and Bobby Griffin.  Little cocky, arrogant guys who divide locker rooms and fold the moment things start getting tough.

Mayfield is not a leader of MEN.  He's short, has little hands and is immature.  A recipe for disaster at the NFL level.

Edited by Chicken Boo

59 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It's a tough call. You trade up land the pick and your a genius and everyone loves you. If you trade up for a bust then it's a stain and we forever debate what could of been.

I think this year's draft defines the GM and reguardless what he chooses it has to be right. This is his first draft here for Buffalo and a lot is riding on it including his job. I'm sure the decision is a heavy one and I don't think the GM wants to make a mistake. 

You're right. At the same time I think they have already made the decision to try to use the extra first rounder (and extra second rounder) to move up as high as possible for a quarterback.

Then again, there's no guarantee that they will be able to do so.

I'm already anxious for late April. Should be fun!

38 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Let's not pull a Whaley type deal. If you recall, if Whaley didn't get Sammy, then the next player he wanted was Eric Ebron (not Mike Evans, not OBJ, not Brandin Cooks, not Khalil Mack)....shaking my head at that buffoon (and his sidekick Russy)

Image result for doug whaley russ brandon war room

"Hey don't blame me it wasn't my idea lol!"

B9317993548Z.1_20150723175721_000_GSCBDA

Do the most thorough scouting job they can and if they see a guy they think is the guy, then move up and get him.  And I would say to those advocating for that, if the pick doesn't work out (as at least 50% of round 1 QBs) then don't come back on here and second guess the pick.

1 hour ago, MURPHD6 said:

It's a QB driven league and its been over 30 years since the Bills have drafted a QB inside the top ten. I think we have enough evidence to show that the wait for someone to fall approach has not worked, as everyone who fell that became a franchise guy was passed on by the organization anyway. Yes they will be forced to reach, but given the lack of talent at the position and the amount of teams needing QB's, there's really no other viable option outside of over paying for a vet.

The likely scenario is San Fran giving us their pick for two ones and the Rams two. I don't see how a team with a franchise guy already in place could turn down the opportunity to make 2 picks in round 1 and 2 picks in round 2 in the same draft.  Especially given the Jimmy is about to take up alot of cap space, so they will need reliable starters on rookie deals if they want to fill the rest of their holes with veteran signings.

So the Patriots in a roundabout and ironic way fix Buffalo's QB problem.

Using the draft capital on a QB makes 100% sense.

I'd also think they'd use it on a Ray Lewis type talent at Linebacker if the opportunity is there.  I'm not saying such a player exists in the draft, but linebacker has been a need in Buffalo as long as QB has been.  The position has had some *good* players in the drought, but no truly great ones.  

Edited by dpberr

I'd like to see us draft a top tier QB, but would hate to see us mortgage a draft for one. We should be more interested in signing a vet QB to lead our offense next season, while we utilize all of our picks to gather a plethora of talent. Who knows how the draft will fall. The QB they covet the most may fall to them without having to trade up. Let the guy sit behind one of the several vet QBs that will be available this offseason. We should have a choice between Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Derek Anderson, Case Keenum, Josh McCown, Matt Moore, Teddy Bridgewater, Jimmy Garappolo, Drew Brees or Chase Daniel. I'd be comfortable with either one of those guys with several filling our QB needs for years to come. This offseason will be very interesting. I think our GM and coach will go after a top tier FA QB, and make a hard push for Kirk Cousins if he becomes a FA. If not, we will try for Alex Smith and draft the QB they like the most.

• Like (+1) 1

I personally don't see a franchise guy coming out of this draft at QB. If its me, I'm keeping the picks and filling in some other holes in the team. Taylor will not be in Buffalo next year so you're looking at Nathan Peterman as your starter though. Obviously not ideal ( at least not yet ). I'd have to sign a stop gap guy ( Alex Smith / Sam Bradford ) or go full bore on Cousins. I believe with even an average QB at the helm, right now, we are a legit playoff team. While I really like Tyrod, I dont believe he's the right fit for this offense. 

Edited by rodneykm

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

For sure I expect them to make the move up. Rather it’s San Fran or the giants I expect them to try and get into the top 3 with a package of picks this year and next with the sole purpose of getting a top tier quarterback prospect. I think they have already shown they can sign decent free agents with plug and play talent. I don’t expect them to win next year either sadly without some serious magic. But I think they’ll be set for year 3 of this regime to make some serious impact 

this was my mindset from the start of this season..I felt it would take 2 - 3 seasons before McD could get this team to where it needs to be

I dont see buffalo having 2 top 20 picks to go along with 2 second rd picks again anytime soon.  They have plenty of ammo to move up.  They most likely could move up by trading both ones this year and a conditional pick next year.  Still leaves 2 seconds and a third to fill holes on the roster.  going after Cousins is an option but im not sure he can lead us past the Patriots or to a superbowl.  If you have are going to pay him 30 mil a year that is the expectations.  That move though would leave the picks intacted to reshape the roster around him.  I dont care which way they go but they need to go into training camp with a bonafide NFL quarterback with franchise potential.