Dan Patrick's initial reaction to Gronk reveals a lot

Like A Mofo

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I’m disgusted with our own team for not standing up to gronk.  Absolutely disgusting.  

Fair point, but had anyone retaliated and tried to do something similar, they would have been flagged for an unsportsmanlike or unnecessary roughness penalty. Granted, it's not like it would have affected the outcome of the game, but I bet that might have had something to do with it.

And to the OP...Rodney Harrison didn't brush this under the rug one bit upon answering Dan Patrick's question. He was adamant that Gronkowski should be suspended. It's not like NBC, as a whole, tried to defend him in any way.

Edited by BuffaloWings

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Haha but I didn’t physically hurt someone just their feelings ?. Sometimes I forget we are in the era of kindler, gentler, second place trophies rah rah shish cooombah and in the future will surely make sure I refer to Brandon as the annointed savior of the city. I truly feel horrible sorry everyone.

Nothing to do with hurting feelings. Everything to do with homophobic, derogatory verbage. Just pick a better word.

I think he is using. Looked all out of control and crazy.  It was 100% assault and had nothing to do with a football play. He also intentionally used the bulky metal brace to smash the back of his head. 1 game is far too lenient for such a cowardly despicable act. We don't even know how badly White is injured. Disgusting.

Edited by Turk71

Most of the media doesn't watch our games or pay attention to our struggles over the past decade+

It's painfully obvious when they try to talk about Bills news stories that get any national attention. They throw their 2 cents in and try to sound like they have an informed opinion, when in reality they just hear what one person says, read some stat lines & box scores, then create an echo chamber regurgitating whatever each other said.

Even though Peterman was awful in the Chargers game, leading up to that point they acted as if Tyrod had been Peyton Manning for us, and we committed some unforgivable sin. They also completely ignored that we'd seen this all before (the 5-2 starts that collapse from that point) several times, and were in the midst of a 3 game losing streak in embarrassing fashion, it was looking to be coming to fruition yet again.

14 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I’m disgusted with our own team for not standing up to gronk.  Absolutely disgusting.  

I'm not for a couple if reasons. First, how many of the players knew what happened? It happened all the way across the field on the Patsies** sidelines.  There was another fight going on mid field.  The one dude did retaliate and got immediately flagged off setting The Gronk's.

I would rather see our guys internalize it and use to focus on whipping them ON THE FIELD.  If we're out there trying take cheap shots we probably won't he able to do much and we'll get killed and look like fools.  It's not hockey where you can just drop the gloves and get it on.

Now, as usual, if anyone gets a good shot at Brady, bring the lumber.

16 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Tells me all I need to know about how the National Media works and how much they do not like Buffalo, don't want to travel to Buffalo, and want things to stay JUST as they are.

Dan Patrick was asked 'Should Gronk be suspended' Quick answers: Yeah, yeah, but at least Gronk apologized...and seemed to rush right through it...

Of course he did.

If Brady was hit by say Lorenzo Alexander like that, ESPN would have a special round-table discussion and DP would be inconsolable and calling for Alexander to be punished by stoning.

Guys like Dan Patrick needs his Tom Brady talking points to keep going...needs the same teams to be good, makes their hack jobs easier. Buffalo must not alter things for hacks like Patrick, Cowherd.

Bottom Line: Any Buffalo fans out there yearning for validation from these media types. Forget it. It isn't in the cards.

It's not about Buffalo.

There is a huge difference between the Greatest QB of All-Time (or at least a candidate) getting a dirty cheap shot, and a rookie DB getting the hit. That should be obvious.

And if Brady had the same career as a Buffalo Bill, he would still be treated specially. You can complain, but if you haven't figured out yet, that there is a hierarchy in every aspect of society, you are in for a lifetime of shocks. Brady is far more important to the league, and fans of the league, than Tre White will ever be, and he has EARNED it.

2 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

It's not about Buffalo.

There is a huge difference between the Greatest QB of All-Time (or at least a candidate) getting a dirty cheap shot, and a rookie DB getting the hit. That should be obvious.

And if Brady had the same career as a Buffalo Bill, he would still be treated specially. You can complain, but if you haven't figured out yet, that there is a hierarchy in every aspect of society, you are in for a lifetime of shocks. Brady is far more important to the league, and fans of the league, than Tre White will ever be, and he has EARNED it.

Ummm no. He's a player in the league, and the players union ALWAYS looks at how other players in similar situations were punished when appealing discipline meted out by the league. Ergo, if Kyle Williams swan dives on Brady with a forearm to his dome after he slides to the ground or something similar ,the precedent has been set. The punishment will be a one game suspension . Brady's brain sloshing around is no more or less protected than any other players'. The Bills should do this in the next meeting. No player EARNS more (or less )protection from illegal hits than any other. 

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ummm no. He's a player in the league, and the players union ALWAYS looks at how other players in similar situations were punished when appealing discipline meted out by the league. Ergo, if Kyle Williams swan dives on Brady with a forearm to his dome after he slides to the ground or something similar ,the precedent has been set. The punishment will be a one game suspension . Brady's brain sloshing around is no more or less protected than any other players'. The Bills should do this in the next meeting. No player EARNS more (or less )protection from illegal hits than any other. 

That's not what  implied, or stated. I was responding to Like A Mofo's rant about the media, and a supposed bias against Buffalo.The general public, and the media would be more concerned, because Brady is a living legend, therefore someone like Dan Patrick willALWAYS show more concern for Brady, than a guy like Tre White.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I'm betting Gronk doesn't play in three weeks. Maybe that's the game he serves his suspension, or he will have a phantom injury.

You make it sound like Gronk would be scared...who seriously could scare him on our team ?......it's the other way around...our players are probably afraid of him...no one will go after him...sad but true.....

20 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

You make it sound like Gronk would be scared...who seriously could scare him on our team ?......it's the other way around...our players are probably afraid of him...no one will go after him...sad but true.....

I think it would be more of a Belichick move.  I actually think someone from our team would go after him.  They need him for the playoffs. 

22 hours ago, mannc said:

Patrick is a lazy imbecile who knows zero about sports.  I would be surprised if he even bothers to watch NFL football on his Sunday afternoons. 

Dan Patrick knows nothing, lol. 

31 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

If you hit him with a metal brace while he is face down after the play .........

Edited by Turk71

9 hours ago, Rob's House said:

One time this guy pissed me off so I smashed a bottle over his head. He got a concussion, but I apologized, so it was all good.

I hear ya, one time I was at work and the printer kept jamming up every time I tried to use it. I got so frustrated I shoved a guys head through the wall. I was so frustrated it was crazy. I apologized to the guy and I hope he is okay, but what did they expect? Should of fixed the machine. They told me to take a week off. What was I supposed to do?

Edited by Turk71