2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

On 12/4/2017 at 2:29 PM, Tatonka68 said:

Cousins sucks, and at best is average. Enough dumpster diving and low balling. Pony up and get the best. I am not into "making the playoffs", I want rings.

So giving a ton of draft picks up for a rookie that won't probably be much better than Cousins is the way to go?

There are 2 problems facing the Bills. The current draft class doesn't have a can't miss QB and the Bills have a lot of holes. 

QB, RB, OL, DL, LB, WR

Whatever they decide to do they just better be going after the QB that fits their system and it better be a good one.

Edited by Yav

8 minutes ago, Yav said:

So giving a ton of draft picks up for a rookie that won't probably be much better than Cousins is the way to go?

Not a ton just two or three for a chance at Jim Kelly part 2. Why settle for for toss away QB's from another team. Why would a team give away a great QB?

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Not a ton just two or three for a chance at Jim Kelly part 2. Why settle for for toss away QB's from another team. Why would a team give away a great QB?

I don't know why a team would give away a great QB, maybe we should ask the Chargers? 

There isn't a top quality QB in this draft to compare anyone coming out of college to Jim Kelly is crazy talk. 

I just think the Bills can fill so much with this draft and get a QB in to win games right now, and then when there is a stronger QB coming out they can go all in to get him. 

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

I don't know why a team would give away a great QB, maybe we should ask the Chargers? 

There isn't a top quality QB in this draft to compare anyone coming out of college to Jim Kelly is crazy talk. 

I just think the Bills can fill so much with this draft and get a QB in to win games right now, and then when there is a stronger QB coming out they can go all in to get him. 

I understand you want to make the playoffs, but why settle for a "playoff appearance" when you get knocked out in round one. Why not take a chance on Super Bowls instead, isn't that the end game. Cousins played in "ONE" playoff game and LOST. I want rings not a token playoff game. Don't you??

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

I understand you want to make the playoffs, but why settle for a "playoff appearance" when you get knocked out in round one. Why not take a chance on Super Bowls instead, isn't that the end game. Cousins played in "ONE" playoff game and LOST. I want rings not a token playoff game. Don't you??

I get that, but sending away picks to get a QB that more than likely isn't going to be a franchise guy doesn't guarantee you playoffs let alone a SB.

The Bills need OL, WR, LB, DL and RB help. How are they going to get that? Giving up draft picks to get a QB will set them back, that QB isn't going to instantly get you to the playoffs and is at risk of being injured if they don't fix the other problems. 

I would like to see the Bills make the SB but making the playoffs has to happen for them to make the SB so they go hand in hand. 

I just want a big, tall, strong, smart & accurate QB. 

At this point I don't even care how it happens. I'm tired of it all. 

I'd go the Eagles route here.  Sign the best guy you can in Free agency... and still trade for your QB.  Decent chance someone comes calling for a solid QB if your rookie can take the job from him.

They traded all those picks for Wentz - got one of the picks back in the bradford trade.  I don't think we'd necessarily get similar total compensation for it, but we'd probably recoup something if we felt the need to move on.  

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

I get that, but sending away picks to get a QB that more than likely isn't going to be a franchise guy doesn't guarantee you playoffs let alone a SB.

The Bills need OL, WR, LB, DL and RB help. How are they going to get that? Giving up draft picks to get a QB will set them back, that QB isn't going to instantly get you to the playoffs and is at risk of being injured if they don't fix the other problems. 

I would like to see the Bills make the SB but making the playoffs has to happen for them to make the SB so they go hand in hand. 

I just want a big, tall, strong, smart & accurate QB. 

At this point I don't even care how it happens. I'm tired of it all. 

1.Mason Rudolph QB,  Oklahoma St. Trade both ones and 5th round pick this year and a pick in 2019.

2. Josey Jewell ILB, Iowa.

2a. Lowell Lotulelei ,DT UTah.

3. Isaiah Wynn G, Georgia

4. Andrew Brown DL, Virginia

5. Allen Lazard WR, Iowa St

6. Ike Boettger OT. Iowa

Wide recievers and running backs you can find during preseason cuts.

24 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

1.Mason Rudolph QB,  Oklahoma St. Trade both ones and 5th round pick this year and a pick in 2019.

2. Josey Jewell ILB, Iowa.

2a. Lowell Lotulelei ,DT UTah.

3. Isaiah Wynn G, Georgia

4. Andrew Brown DL, Virginia

5. Allen Lazard WR, Iowa St

6. Ike Boettger OT. Iowa

Wide recievers and running backs you can find during preseason cuts.

Maon Rudolph? So that's your SB winning QB? 

I really hope they don't mortgage both 1's and a 5th on that kid.

14 minutes ago, Yav said:

Maon Rudolph? So that's your SB winning QB? 

I really hope they don't mortgage both 1's and a 5th on that kid.

The bottom line everyone is we just don't know. I like Rudolph but I love Darnold. I've seen every snap Rosen & Darnold have made. Darnold is the prize and yes he will be expensive. Rosen will not have the NFL success as Sam. And there's still a chance Darnold stays. It's still too early to speculate. A lot will happen between now and Feb 1st.

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Unless he has some sort of miraculous breakthrough there will be absolutely no need to trade up to get Mason Rudolph.

Famous last words as he selected right before your pick. You don't wait for a franchise QB to come to you, you go get him. 

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The bottom line everyone is we just don't know. I like Rudolph but I love Darnold. I've seen every snap Rosen & Darnold have made. Darnold is the prize and yes he will be expensive. Rosen will not have the NFL success as Sam. And there's still a chance Darnold stays. It's still too early to speculate. A lot will happen between now and Feb 1st.

I would trade three 1st rounders, a 2nd, plus a  4th/5th for Darnold...we are going to have to make it worth it for Cleveland to give up that pick...

Edited by JaCrispy

On 12/6/2017 at 5:11 PM, RyanC883 said:

I hope KC keeps losing! Thanks for sharing! 

As soon as KC drops out of the division lead (It's a 3 way tie with KC ahead on tiebreakers) that draft pick will jump to the middle of the first round.

9 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Not so sure about that SF, and Chicago are not picking QB's.

Exactly. Browns, Giants, Broncos. That’s possibly three QB’s right there. 

Although I believe the Broncos will go after Cousins. Just seems like an Elway thing to do and as their defense ages, they want to win now, so they could be more likely to go after a veteran QB.

15 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Famous last words as he selected right before your pick. You don't wait for a franchise QB to come to you, you go get him. 

This is your opinion, that doesn't mean the Bills or any other NFL team feels that way. Personally I wouldn't want to see the Bills be the Chiefs of last year trading up for a guy like Mahomes simply because. 

I'm tired of these types of QB that are coming out of college and being touted as a franchise QB only to find out they are just ok. The Bills need a Big Ben or Brady type QB. A QB that can take over a game and win it. 

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

Exactly. Browns, Giants, Broncos. That’s possibly three QB’s right there. 

Although I believe the Broncos will go after Cousins. Just seems like an Elway thing to do and as their defense ages, they want to win now, so they could be more likely to go after a veteran QB.

I think Denvelway has their guy in Kelly. 

6 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

These next two weeks are gonna be very interesting... One would think that this is the most likely W remaining on the Bills schedule... I could handle them blowing this game at home and seeing the Raiders and Chargers kick KC's butt these next two weeks... 

raiders offense and chiefs defense without marcus peters...so good for us. then chiefs sit smith and see what they have in mahomes and team loses out and we have the 9th pick in the draft!

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills 1ST round picks should be around 20th (850 pts) & 22nd (780 pts) for a total of 1630 pts on the draft value chart. 1630 points is equal to the 6th pick in the draft. So could the draft end up like this?

1. Cleveland picks Josh Rosen QB, 2. NY Giants Sam Darnold QB, 3. San Francisco picks Saquon Barkley RB, 4. Indianapolis Mike McGlinchey OT, 5. Chicago Derwin James S.

then the Bills trade with Tampa for sixth pick and select Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma ST.

I don't think we will see NYG take a QB that high. I see the draft playing out a little differently.

1. Browns: QB, Josh Rosen

2. Broncos (via 49ers): QB, Mason Rudolph 

3. Colts: RB, Saquon Barkley

4. Bears: WR, Courtland Sutton

5. 49ers (via Broncos): S, Derwin James

6. Browns (via Texans): DB, Minkah Fitzpatrick

7. Jaguars (via Giants): QB, Baker Mayfield

8. Buccaneers: DE, Bradley Chubb

9. Jets: QB, Sam Darnold

10. Dolphins: CB, Ken Webster

11. Bills (via Chiefs): QB, Josh Allen

21. Bills: MLB, Roquan Smith

53. Bills: CB, Josh Jackson

56. Bills (via Rams): DE, Duke Ejiofor

96. Bills (via Eagles): DT, B.J. Hill

117. Bills: OLB, Ulysees Gilbertt III

7 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

I don't think we will see NYG take a QB that high. I see the draft playing out a little differently.

2. Broncos (via 49ers): QB, Mason Rudolph 

5. 49ers (via Broncos): S, Derwin James

7. Jaguars (via Giants): QB, Baker Mayfield

10. Dolphins: CB, Ken Webster

11. Bills (via Chiefs): QB, Josh Allen

21. Bills: MLB, Roquan Smith

53. Bills: CB, Josh Jackson

56. Bills (via Rams): DE, Duke Ejiofor

96. Bills (via Eagles): DT, B.J. Hill

117. Bills: OLB, Ulysees Gilbertt III

Josh Allen is garbage.

2. Bills (via 49ers): QB, Mason Rudolph 

5.  Broncos: QB, Baker Mayfield

7. Jaguars (via Giants): QB Josh Allen

Bills trade both 1st round picks, a 5th round pick and a conditional pick in 2018 for 49ers pick.

Edited by Tatonka68

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

Josh Allen is garbage.

I personally like Baker, Rudolph, and Rosen better, but with our upper management wanting Panthers players they might be looking for a Cam Newton type player. Allen fits the mold, so that's who I think we'll end up drafting. We most likely would sit him a year or two behind a vet QB as well.

1 minute ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

I personally like Baker, Rudolph, and Rosen better, but with our upper management wanting Panthers players they might be looking for a Cam Newton type player. Allen fits the mold, so that's who I think we'll end up drafting. We most likely would sit him a year or two behind a vet QB as well.

Allen cannot read a defense is is a TOTAL bust. Would be better off with Clayton Thorson.

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Allen cannot read a defense is is a TOTAL bust. Would be better off with Clayton Thorson.

I think we would be better off with Baker, Rosen, or Rudolph. In reality I don't see our upper management making the move to go get either one of them unless they slide down to us.

3 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

I think we would be better off with Baker, Rosen, or Rudolph. In reality I don't see our upper management making the move to go get either one of them unless they slide down to us.

Assuming all of the QBs come out I think 2 of the 3 you mention will be available at our first pick. Still a lot of pieces to fall in place though before any serious projecting can begin.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Assuming all of the QBs come out I think 2 of the 3 you mention will be available at our first pick. Still a lot of pieces to fall in place though before any serious projecting can begin.

I hope so, but doubt it this year. There are at least 5 definite teams, and 6 more maybe's that I can think of that will be looking for a QB. Browns, Broncos, Jets, Cardinals, and Bills for sure. Giants, Dolphins, Jaguars, Bengals, and the Redskins could be looking as well. The Saints could also be a maybe with Brees' career coming to an end. That would be 11 teams that can be making a QB change next season. There should also be a lot of vet QBs available as well so this offseason might be a crazy one.