Quarterback Christmas Shopping

I think Bortles has proven an inability to lead an offense... lots of mental errors that lead to turnovers. 

Cousins will be extremely expensive. Not sure they’re interested in paying for a QB yet. 

I’d rather see them put in all their chips for Darnold or Rosen. I get a funny feeling they might. If they can get to 7-8 wins with their current roster, without an elite quarterback, imagine what they could do with a potentially elite qb 

Edited by Dkollidas

Just now, jr1 said:

Cousins is 1-6 vs Dallas

That will be a problem every four years we play them. 

The question is do you want to pay a known commodity in Cousins who is an above average NFL starter elite QB money?  We could get four to five solid players in next years draft if we sign him to give him some help.  The other option is obviously moving up and drafting a 1st round quarterback and praying you made the right choice.  I'm rather torn in all honesty.

17 minutes ago, jr1 said:

Cousins is 1-6 vs Dallas

I know Cousins has stated he wants to stay with the Skins but I find it hard to believe with the way they've treated him, especially now saying they're going to evaluate him in the last 5 games, after he's been the starter for the last 3 seasons.

46 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I'd pass on Bortles. I think most would pick Tyrod over him.

I want Cousins though and built the O-line up through the draft. 

This is exactly what im hoping for. Cousins and young OL help. Sounds like a recipe for success to me. 

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I know Cousins has stated he wants to stay with the Skins but I find it hard to believe with the way they've treated him, especially now saying they're going to evaluate him in the last 5 games, after he's been the starter for the last 3 seasons.

The problem is the Bills are re-building and don't have $25M per year committed to the QB position for the next three years.  They are paying TT about $10M....That is their budget. Look for a QB drafted next year and TT being a gap QB for 2019 (He is signed through 2019)

4 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

Tyrods better then Bortles.

Cousins...and mark my wors now.....all of you.... Cousins will never play qb for buffalo.

Cousins will play for whomever backs up the biggest truck.  But I agree ... it won't be the Bills.

the one thing I dislike about the nfl is that the draft is after free agency opens. we don't know if we can get a qb at the draft so if we miss out on cousins who do we have?  do we get gut punched and keep tyrod on the roster until after the draft or just sign a guy? cousins is gonna get big money. i project about 43 mil in space with tyrod and lorax cut but keeping glenn for now. that's with only 32 players on the roster and big holes at DT and cb.  dare i say keep tyrod and groom the next qb under him and use the 40 mil to keep some talent and bring in free agents for holes?

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

the one thing I dislike about the nfl is that the draft is after free agency opens. we don't know if we can get a qb at the draft so if we miss out on cousins who do we have?  do we get gut punched and keep tyrod on the roster until after the draft or just sign a guy? cousins is gonna get big money. i project about 43 mil in space with tyrod and lorax cut but keeping glenn for now. that's with only 32 players on the roster and big holes at DT and cb.  dare i say keep tyrod and groom the next qb under him and use the 40 mil to keep some talent and bring in free agents for holes?

Keeping either Tyrod or Gaines will leave us at ~$33M in space (~$28M after draft picks)

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Keeping either Tyrod or Gaines will leave us at ~$33M in space (~$28M after draft picks)

15 mil on roster to keep, saves 9 mil to cut tyrod but do you risk getting worse at the position? or do you risk going after sam bradford and he gets hurt like usual? or do we make a move for eli? 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

15 mil on roster to keep, saves 9 mil to cut tyrod but do you risk getting worse at the position? or do you risk going after sam bradford and he gets hurt like usual? or do we make a move for eli? 

I risk getting worse before I go with either Sam or Eli. Ultimately the best path would've been keeping Tyrod through '18, but the more I things develop the more that bridge looks to be burning.

35 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What's all the love for Cousins? He's sitting at 5-7 this morning and out of the playoffs already...again.  Is he really a huge upgrade over TT? I'm not so sure.

Draft a QB and an Offensive Lineman or two.

I don't understand the love either as a Redskin season ticket holder we look at Cousins as a QB who is very poor when in the red zone or toward the end of games. He will lose 2-3 games a year on stupidity yet he will make some good throws now and then. It's funny to see the Bills fans foaming at the mouth for a chance to sign Kirk. If you saw the Dallas game last night you saw typical Kirk...I'll pass on him.