Would you be against the Bills bringing in Eli AND drafting a QB in the first round?

njbuff

I say do it the right way and bring in Eli and draft a first round QB. Let that first round QB sit for two years.

And by all heck, get Eli an OL here. The Bills will have the draft capital and salary cap space to do so.

Might be too much to ask as I really don't know if Eli has anything left in the tank and if he does he is certainly a better QB than Taylor.

Also, I don't know if any 2018 QB's drafted can start right away.

How far fetched is this idea?????? Or is it even possible?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Eli won't come here.  He'll stay with the Giants, retire or rejoin Coughlin.

Or Denver like his brother is my guess. He seemed really hurt by the decision. Makes me think he still wants to play and prove them wrong

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

Why do you think Eli would be an upgrade over Tyrod? You guys are amazing. Hint: those SB victories weren't yesterday.

Oh good because Tom Brady is 4.5 years older so I guess we don't have anything to worry about on Sunday. He won his 1st super bowl while Eli was still in school. I'd take Archie Manning over Tyrod at this point

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I say do it the right way and bring in Eli and draft a first round QB. Let that first round QB sit for two years.

And by all heck, get Eli an OL here. The Bills will have the draft capital and salary cap space to do so.

Might be too much to ask as I really don't know if Eli has anything left in the tank and if he does he is certainly a better QB than Taylor.

What evidence draws you to this conclusion?

6 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

Why do you think Eli would be an upgrade over Tyrod? You guys are amazing. Hint: those SB victories weren't yesterday.

Eli actually plays the position.

Sure, he won't be scrambling for a handful of TD's anytime soon, but completed passes, attacking downfield, running a 2 minute drill?

Sign me up please.

I don't know if I would even want Eli. He was to me an above average QB but not elite. It should be noted that his playing issues the last few years can mostly be contributed to the lack of O-line support to protect him. The big questions are does he have anything left in the tank and how much is he going to cost? Some of the positives with him are that he is durable, and isn't afraid to sling the pig skin. Not sure he's worth the risk though.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Sure, he won't be scrambling for a handful of TD's anytime soon, but completed passes, attacking downfield, running a 2 minute drill?

Sign me up please.

With this o-line? The Bills offensive line is certainly that - offensive. 

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Sign me up please.

He actually completes a lower percentage and has less yards per attempt. If that’s important to you, I guess you prefer Tyrod to Eli.

I'd take Eli.  The guy was playing almost all season behind a subpar O-line, and without his top 2 WR's, and zero RB support.  

But, I have a feeling he ends up in Jax, which has a fantastic RB situation, a good-great O-line, and 2-3 very talented WR's.  

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He actually completes a lower percentage and has less yards per attempt. If that’s important to you, I guess you prefer Tyrod to Eli.

Do you think Tyrod has gotten the OL set at the line to run the 2 minute drill against KC yet?  Or will it be another couple days?

Yes because he is washed up.  I'm all for them bringing in a guy but I hope its Case Keenum...he has really turned into a fine QB...reminds me a lot of the Rich Gannon career path...middling backup turned bad starter until one day the light just goes on and he becomes really good

Edited by matter2003

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

While anything is possible I would be completely against it. Eli has seen his play slip and losing his top receivers is only part of the reason why. Father time has caught up with him. Also, I don't think he would come to Buffalo on a team friendly contract and I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

In addition, unless there is a major upgrade to the oline Eli would get "murder-ized" back there.