Hypothetically if Giants release Manning

MAJBobby

13 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I'll second this. I'd rather a rookie over an older QB who couldn't win with OBJ, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard and Evan Ingram. Manning is 2-9 this year. Besides, he just got benched for Geno Smith :lol:

3 of the 4 mentioned aren't playing

13 hours ago, Just Jack said:

He has beaten the Pats* twice when it mattered. 

Eli's probably the only chance we have in beating Brady/Belichick. Lol

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Would you want the Bills to claim him?

he would carry this year and next two under contract but would be able to move on from him at really any time. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/eli-manning-4348/

The Tyrod lovers don't wanna hear this Tom foolery

Hey, didn't an old, over the hill Manning win a SB in Denver?

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Eli has 2 rings, he's won more than our qb's ever have 

That was in reference to Cousins. In reference to Manning I dont care what he did 10 years ago he is a shell of his former self now.

I caught a little bit of the chatter on NFL Network and I have to say I was shocked that they didn't mention the Bills as a landing spot. Considering he'd have Clay, Benjamin, Mathews and a young Zay to throw to on a team that may finish just one game out of the playoffs Buffalo would seem a very logical choice. (And it's hard for me to believe that with list of receivers that TT can't find a way to do more with them down the stretch. I know Brady would love to have them!)

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

he would carry this year and next two under contract but would be able to move on from him at really any time. 

I only say no due to his age and best years more than likely behind him.  If he was 7 years younger, then yes.  I still contend that overall, his body of work really hasn't been elite, but he sure did perform well when it mattered most.

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That was in reference to Cousins. In reference to Manning I dont care what he did 10 years ago he is a shell of his former self now.

Might be, or maybe macadoo calls too many screens while the Giants have the worst rb's year in and out ? 

I'm in on both if they were options.   

First of all, the coach will be fired before Eli will be cut. You cant just cut a 2X SB winner. He has earned tenure there with the ownership. Second if Eli was cut why in the hell would he come here? He has earned millions. Why would he put his body on the line with this porous oline. If he was cut and he did want to keep playing (which is debatable) he would be extremely careful to choose a team with a Oline that would give him time to succeed. Not happening here soon.

Edited by Livinginthepast

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

First of all, the coach will be fired before Eli will be cut. You can just cut a 2X SB winner. He has earned tenure there with the ownership. Second if Eli was cut why in the hell would he come here? He has earned millions. Why would he put his body on the line with this porous oline. If he was cut and he did want to keep playing (which is debatable) he would be extremely careful to choose a team with a Oline that would give him time to succeed. Not happening here soon.

Which is why he got benched. He is in play. 

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

That depends on where you think the Bills stand right now. Do you think the Bills are just a QB away from success like say the Jags? If so you do it in a NY minute. If not you stay as far away from that turn over machine known as Eli.

A year or 2 of Manning while a rookie develops would be the best QB situation since they wasted Bledsoe and Losman.  maybe catch lightening in a bottle like Arizona with Warner or Manning in Denver.  I could think of alot worst this to do at Qb.  They would have the cap space to bring him in and fix the front 7.  Draft a Qb to develop behind him and set up the Franchise for a continued winning formula.

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Does anyone know how freaking waiver works in NFL

if he is released tomorrow he is subject to waivers, hence all you have to do his claim him

The Giants aren't releasing Manning before the end of the season.  They're taking so much heat from the NY and national media over benching him that they simply wouldn't dare even if he was causing problems on the team, which, of course, he's not because that's not how the Mannings roll, especially Eli who probably bleeds Giants blue.  This is just another crappy HC looking for a scapegoat.

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The Giants aren't releasing Manning before the end of the season.  They're taking so much heat from the NY and national media over benching him that they simply wouldn't dare even if he was causing problems on the team, which, of course, he's not because that's not how the Mannings roll, especially Eli who probably bleeds Giants blue.  This is just another crappy HC looking for a scapegoat.

Not if his gm told him they are targeting Rosen and trading manning as an example.

It would make sense to see what bass and interceptions geno can do

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Getting a 37-year-old QB at this stage of "the process," would be silly.  We're not a QB away.  We're a QB and about 50 other roster spots away.

Gugny, we're gonna need a vet QB to help nurture the rook. Why not a 2 time SB winning vet? Not only to play the position, but how to carry himself off the field. Eli has been a class act at QB for the NY football Giants

Just now, the skycap said:

Gugny, we're gonna need a vet QB to help nurture the rook. Why not a 2 time SB winning vet? Not only to play the position, but how to carry himself off the field. Eli has been a class act at QB for the NY football Giants

I agree with this logic and with what you said about Eli.  That said, I'd like to see Eli go to Jax and win a Super Bowl just as a big !@#$ you to the Giants.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I agree with this logic and with what you said about Eli.  That said, I'd like to see Eli go to Jax and win a Super Bowl just as a big !@#$ you to the Giants.

No Gugny!! Not for St Doug!! He gets a FU from this Bills fan! And lay off the pernil if you want to lose the PR belly button. Lol

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

No Gugny!! Not for St Doug!! He gets a FU from this Bills fan! And lay off the pernil if you want to lose the PR belly button. Lol

I don't begrudge Marrone one bit.  He walked away from a franchise that was owned by a demented old man with no succession plan in place and he took the money that he was entitled to.

Plus .. he was the last coach to lead the Bills to a winning season.

Lay off the pernil.  Now THAT made me laugh out loud, no joke!!!!  Nice one!!