Hypothetically if Giants release Manning

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

To me, at least, this would feel a lot like when we signed Bledsoe. That's not a good thing.

I agree that signing Manning would be a bad idea, but we gave up a number 1 Pick for Bledsoe.

Guess this means one more team drafting ahead of us will be looking for a QB, unless the Giants are planning to roll with Davis Webb and Geno next year.

Edited by mannc

If they got manning, beefed up the line, with the bills receivers and shady, bills go to playoffs next year.

Id bet the farm on it. Dont care about his stats last two years. giants wont release him,

this is  macadoodoo and the gm's last gasp effort to try and save their jobs.

geno smith, lol.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Would you want the Bills to claim him?

he would carry this year and next two under contract but would be able to move on from him at really any time. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/eli-manning-4348/

nope nope no

2 hours ago, QCity said:

I've watched 3 Giants games this year and Eli looked really bad in all of them.

yep

Edited by 3rdand12

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

he would carry this year and next two under contract but would be able to move on from him at really any time. 

HELL NO.

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Why?  Just roll with what we have and draft a QB.  Manning isn't that great.  He had a few really good years and that's about it.

Yeah, other than beating Brady and Belichick TWICE in the Superbowl, he's done nothing.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Pass, he’s no better than Tyrod at this point. Tyrod has been more effective across the board for a year and a half. If you are looking for a vet break the bank for Cousins. If not, roll with the rookie and sign someone like Teddy Bridgewater.

Why so we have a QB that throws for 5,000 yards and  finish between 7-9 and 9-7 for the next decade?  We can already do that with Tyrod minus the 5,000 yards part.  No thanks.  He is Phillip Rivers 2.0...the dude doesn't win games. Period.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure, but hopefully could renegotiate (lower) his contract.

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah, other than beating Brady and Belichick TWICE in the Superbowl, he's done nothing.

:lol:

Well his team beat them with good defense, a couple circus catches, and yeah good QB play.   That's ancient history.

6 hours ago, GoBills! said:

You can't claim a vet, he would be free to sign anywhere. I am positive buffalo would be low on his list. AZ, jax, Minnesota, Denver. Those would be landing spots on a 1-2 year deal.

Not if he is released now.  Which isn't going to happen.  After the trade deadline even vets go through waivers.

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Why so we have a QB that throws for 5,000 yards and  finish between 7-9 and 9-7 for the next decade?  We can already do that with Tyrod minus the 5,000 yards part.  No thanks.  He is Phillip Rivers 2.0...the dude doesn't win games. Period.

Eli has 2 rings, he's won more than our qb's ever have 

11 hours ago, mannc said:

I agree that signing Manning would be a bad idea, but we gave up a number 1 Pick for Bledsoe.

Guess this means one more team drafting ahead of us will be looking for a QB, unless the Giants are planning to roll with Davis Webb and Geno next year.

8 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Traded for Bledsoe. At the time, drew had more tred left on the tires anyway...

Yes, I know we traded for Bledsoe. Bledsoe was also like 6 years younger than Eli is. My statement was about the player and his impact on our success moving forward (Bledsoe went 23-25 as a starter in Buffalo).