How do we pull the impossible and beat the Pats?

Steptide

Let's play a little game. You're the coach and you come up with the game plan. What do you do? 

Here's what I'd do. On defense, I would blitz every single snap for the first 4 or 5 drives. While blitzing doesn't slow Brady down (usually), I think if you were to Blitz him on every down this would eventually throw off his game. If the blitzing continues to work, stick with it. If not, do a 3 man rush and drop everyone else in coverage.

On offense, I would game plan to throw dump off passes for 5 yards all game long. Create short gains that wear down the clock and make long extended drives for the bills. If we score, onside kick on every kick off. Yes, every kick off. That sounds ridiculous, but at some point you're going to baffle the Pats and throw them off. 

I cannot see any scenario where we win this game playing the way the bills have played in these 12 weeks. I know that none of what I mentioned will happen. I'm just a fan that has watched the Patriots obliterate the bills the last 17 years 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Let's play a little game. You're the coach and you come up with the game plan. What do you do? 

Here's what I'd do. On defense, I would blitz every single snap for the first 4 or 5 drives. While blitzing doesn't slow Brady down (usually), I think if you were to Blitz him on every down this would eventually throw off his game. If the blitzing continues to work, stick with it. If not, do a 3 man rush and drop everyone else in coverage.

On offense, I would game plan to throw dump off passes for 5 yards all game long. Create short gains that wear down the clock and make long extended drives for the bills. If we score, onside kick on every kick off. Yes, every kick off. That sounds ridiculous, but at some point you're going to baffle the Pats and throw them off. 

I cannot see any scenario where we win this game playing the way the bills have played in these 12 weeks. I know that none of what I mentioned will happen. I'm just a fan that has watched the Patriots obliterate the bills the last 17 years 

Royale with Cheese    53

• Veteran
  •  
  • Royale with Cheese
  • Members
  • 3,185 posts

Against a blitz of at least 6, since 2006, he has thrown 70 TD passes and zero INT’s.

Just stated on WGR.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I think the most effective way of slowing down Brady (not stopping him) is to bring pressure only with your front 4 and leave the rest in coverage. If you blitz, you die. 

We wont be able to bring pressure with 4. I know it. You know it. Brady knows it. And im not blitzing. I rush 3 and put rest in coverage and start praying that there is a fumble and an INT somewhere. 

And then our offense needs to score 30. 

I hate to say it but probably nothing. The Pats are just way more talented than the bills with arguably the greatest QB of all time playing at a MVP level.

Bills will have to win by at least plus 4 in the turnover margin for them to have a chance I think. I just don't think we are ready for the Pats yet

10 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Turnovers.....4 of them gives us a chance...otherwise, we're screwed....

5 INT's and a benching from Tom.   

deja vus with the thread?   

Bump the receivers at the LOS and don't let them separate while pressuring Tommy boy.  

Stop their run game and hope TT becomes a passing QB.

Have a Defense play like weeks 1-4 and 12.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

They know how to defeat the crowd noise.

They do it every time they play here...they run the hurry up...it takes the crowd noise right out of the game.

Thought that was related a lot to Rex and all his checks and substitutions. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Royale with Cheese    53

• Veteran
  •  
  • Royale with Cheese
  • Members
  • 3,185 posts

Against a blitz of at least 6, since 2006, he has thrown 70 TD passes and zero INT’s.

Just stated on WGR.

But how many teams blitz Brady on every single down? I know this doesnt typically work, but hit him/pressure him enough and it might save a td or two

Coach Commonsense says...

"we are going to lure these guys into a dogfight"

"we are going to win in the trenches"

"protect the ball"

"don't beat ourselves"

insert 50 other cliches, then when your down 3 touchdowns at the half reference prior comebacks and put it in Gods hands because before you know it you will be down 30.

In all seriousness it would be hard to design a  game plan on defense with this scheme and personnel. Let's see if McD and Frazier can work a small miracle.