Is anyone here really a Tyrod fan?

Billsfan1972

Anyone who supports him is labelled a fan.

I don't see anyone with the screen name Tyrodforever, Taylor#1, SaviorTyrod..... 

Many here just support Tyrod and wonder about the offense and whether if could be a good qb?

The moves done to decimate the offense in the offseason was a good indication as to what the HO & coaches wanted to do.

Listening to wgr and they too are ripping Dennison and the offense.  Taylor under center almost the entire game, terrible play calling on many short yardage plays and ridiculously conservative playcalling.  Many were blaming Tyrod on handoffs called yesterday.......  Yep his fault.

Now if you don't like Tyrod you will say Dennison is forced to be conservative.  I'm so tired of that logic.

I'd rather see him go down in flames and vindicate all those who dislike Taylor and see with my own eyes that he is not a good qb, then wonder if it is the lousy weapons he has and Dennison is to blame.

Doesn't help McCoy either.

BTW what makes it even sadder, was that Peterman had the full offensive game plan and was out there throwing passes (and interceptions) when he started, with Dennison calling pass plays all half...... 

But he is conservative with Tyrod because he doesn't trust him...  

A compete joke.

Edited by Billsfan1972

Just now, McNubbins said:

I'm a Tyrod fan because I'm a Bills fan.  Right now he's the best option available.  I don't really get the idea of rooting for a single player.  Root for the team, and Tyrod is our best QB for this season.

Agree

Im a fan of anyone on the Bills. Its the team i root for. Hes not an A-hole or a bad person so there is absolutely nothing for me to hate about him on a personal level. As for Tyrod the player, im still a fan regardless of his struggles. The offense he’s been on coming into this season set some all-time Bills records on offense. The disdain for Tyrod on these boards is over the top and flat out ridiculous. 

Not to mention that nothing was expected of the guy when we got him. Its not like he was a high draft pick who was a complete bust and screwed us. Ive never seen such an underdog story ridiculed and scrutinized so much as Tyrod. Every thread on here. Every day. Non stop. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 5

There is no way he can throw for 300 yards with Dennison calling the plays.  The opposing defensive coordinators don't lose any sleep game planning for Dennison.  

What was interesting was that KC had two people covering Tyrod, which meant players wouhld have been open if they were at all creative.

Just now, bobobonators said:

??? Unless a player specifically does something to warrant being disliked, why would you go out of your way to hate on a Bills player? 

I'm not saying to go out and hate?  Please show me where I said that.

I'm a Tyrod fan.  Works so hard, classic overachiever.  Great leader. Teammates love him.  Is he a great QB, no.  But there are lots of guys with more talent doing much less.

Does not mean we should not strive to find better.  But your odds of finding worse are much higher.  On a planet of 7  1/2 billion people, only about 5 men play QB in the NFL at a high level, and another 8 or so that are pretty good.  Everyone else is roughly Tyrod or less.  That is what is killing the NFL in a game where QB is everything most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, bobobonators said:

Fair enough. But the “you” i stated was the general you, as in anyone. Sorry for lack of clarity. 

That's fine, I just mean that because someone is a Bills fan, does not mean they should have to automatically sign up for being the #1 fan of each player on the team.  And this has nothing to do with off the field stuff either, just their ability to play the game.

I can be a Bills fans and at the same time be critical of Taylor saying he is not a long term solution and Peterman should start so we can see what we have come draft time.

This does not mean I hate Taylor...  It means I am not a fan of his play, he's not good enough, period.

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

That's fine, I just mean that because someone is a Bills fan, does not mean they should have to automatically sign up for being the #1 fan of each player on the team.  And this has nothing to do with off the field stuff either, just their ability to play the game.

I can be a Bills fans and at the same time be critical of Taylor saying he is not a long term solution and Peterman should start so we can see what we have come draft time.

This does not mean I hate Taylor...  It means I am not a fan of his play, he's not good enough, period.

And you could tell that with that putrid playcalling?  

That's my issue, I just can't tell.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, T-Bomb said:

I completely understand. However its one thing to be critical and its another to be ridiculous. Just look at the first page of this board and go through the countless threads on TT. Its been that way for 2.5 yrs now. 

And there are different levels of fandom I believe. My favorite player on the Bills right now is probably Shady, with Kyle Williams a close second. Im still a fan of Tyrod though. 

Dareus while he was here probably fit the mold of least liked:  overpaid, lazy, and not reliable. Even then i still rooted for the tub of goo. 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you could tell that with that putrid playcalling?  

That's my issue, I just can't tell.

IMO we've seen enough of Taylor despite the play calling, despite the OL play, despite the injuries,  yadda...

If Taylor was an elite QB, or even a very good QB, we'd have seen it by now, no more excuses please.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Tyrod is a good stopgap until we can develop the QB of the future.  More often than not, he puts us in a position to win games.  What we should do is take one of the half-dozen top QB prospects with our first rounder next season and focus on improving the OL with many of our other picks in order to have proper protection for the young guy when he becomes the starter.

So Tyrod starts in 2018 and when the rookie is ready, he should take over.  If that happens during next season, good.  If it takes more than a season for the rookie to be ready, we should offer TT a one year extension for 2019.  If he takes it, then we just rinse and repeat until the rookie is ready, if the rookie is never ready, we try again later.  If TT doesn't want to come back, the rookie gets a trial by fire and we'll see what we have then.

Tyrod starting games and the Bills planning for the future aren't mutually exclusive options.

20 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Why do people bring up players after leaving the bills.   

They are no longer a Bill. I could care less about them.  

I am a team guy and not a single player guy. 

Tyrod is the QB    

wait what?  

I'm a Tyrod fan now, only because I'm a Bills fan. 

I don't see anyone with the screen name Tyrodforever, Taylor#1, SaviorTyrod..... 

A cause does not need a name. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

I think Tyrod is a good stopgap until we can develop the QB of the future.  More often than not, he puts us in a position to win games.  What we should do is take one of the half-dozen top QB prospects with our first rounder next season and focus on improving the OL with many of our other picks in order to have proper protection for the young guy when he becomes the starter.

So Tyrod starts in 2018 and when the rookie is ready, he should take over.  If that happens during next season, good.  If it takes more than a season for the rookie to be ready, we should offer TT a one year extension for 2019.  If he takes it, then we just rinse and repeat until the rookie is ready, if the rookie is never ready, we try again later.  If TT doesn't want to come back, the rookie gets a trial by fire and we'll see what we have then.

Tyrod starting games and the Bills planning for the future aren't mutually exclusive options.

With this OC I just don't buy that we can develop a qb.  That's what scares the heck out of me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

I'm a fan.  While not a "franchise" QB, he goes out every week and gives it has everything he has, warts and all.  He plays the cards he has been dealt to the best of his ability and has shown loyalty to the Bills organization without getting the same in return.  He is liked and respected by his teammates.

Fact: EVERY QB we have plugged in since the end of the Kelly era has been flawed in some way, but in my opinion, he is giving Flutie a run for his money as the best of the bunch, which is ironic because Flutie was also the target of so much derision and flat out hatred.  

Edited by ChicagoRic
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Steptide said:

He needs to start until we're officially eliminated from playoffs, but he's not the long term answer. He is what he is. He will forever throw for 180 yards and 1 TD per game. Still want to see Peterman play again if we get out of playoff contention 

You keep him until you get a long-term answer. It shouldn't be one or the other. Do exactly what KC did this year. Draft a QB behind Tyrod. Not a 5th rounder but a 1st or 2nd rounder. 

28 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

the throw and catch to o leary sums up Tyrod. Made the throw but left about 20 yards on the field because of ball placement.  

I am sure everyweek when the staff watches the film they seem easy plays all over and it drives them crazy 

And then there was the bomb that he dropped in a bucket right on the end zone pylon that a receiver didn't catch

I’m not convinced any qb in the league would perform much better than Tyrod has in this offense, with these WRs and this OL, with Dennison calling the plays and McDermott going full-turtle every time the team takes a lead in the second half.  We got a glimpse last week of how other QBs might do in tyrod’s shoes and it was not pretty.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

the throw and catch to o leary sums up Tyrod. Made the throw but left about 20 yards on the field because of ball placement.  

I am sure everyweek when the staff watches the film they seem easy plays all over and it drives them crazy 

The throw to O'leary is actually a rare miss by Tyrod. He typically hits those. People calling that classic Tyrod don't know what they are seeing. 

Of the 32 NFL teams, I put Tyrod somewhere in the 10 - 20 rank.  He's not Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers/Payton Manning/Ben Rothelishfsofihdser and he never will be one of those guys, but he can win games if you put a good team around him.

The overreaction to qb play in the NFL is gigantic and no one ever looks at the other 52 guys.  Lynch said it best after the Hawks lost the SB.... 'Team sport Bro'.

Just now, mannc said:

I’m not convinced any qb in the league would perform much better than Tyrod has in this offense, with these WRs and this OL, with Dennison calling the plays and McDermott going full-turtle every time the team takes a lead in the second half.  We got a glimpse last week of how other QBs might do in tyrod’s situation and it was not pretty.

We got a glimpse of what a 5th round rookie would look like....not every QB would perform like Peterman did.

In your first sentence, you think if lets say Carson Wentz was our QB....he would average around 185 yards passing in this offense?  No QB can be successful with Charles Clay, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones with Lesean McCoy in the running game?

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The throw to O'leary is actually a rare miss by Tyrod. He typically hits those. People calling that classic Tyrod don't know what they are seeing. 

It's not a rare miss.  We've been in the bottom of the league in YAC yards by receivers 3 years in a row.

34 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

... good job, you had the volume turned up on your tv and listened to the commentator....

Let it be known that any qb who ever plays for Buffalo... you better not make a single poor throw or this fan base will disown you.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He needs to start until we're officially eliminated from playoffs, but he's not the long term answer. He is what he is. He will forever throw for 180 yards and 1 TD per game. Still want to see Peterman play again if we get out of playoff contention 

STOP IT!!!!! 

A first round QB pick, sure.......  Peterman is a fifth round pick.

Dennison handcuffed Tyrod....  Could any QB have thrown for more then 180 yards yesterday with the same playcalling?

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

STOP IT!!!!! 

Dennison handcuffed Tyrod....  Could any QB have thrown for more then 180 yards yesterday with the same playcalling?

What exactly will it take for you to get it through your thick skull that draft position and success are not absolutely correlated.  How many QBs do you have to see that were drafted in later rounds, or not even drafted at all, to make you realize it's about drafting the right guy, and not just a first round guy? 

Just looking historically:

Brady (round 6)

Montana (round 3)

Warner (FA)

Moon (not drafted)

Brees (2nd round)

All three HOFers or sure bets for the HOF. 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

STOP IT!!!!! 

Yes....a lot.

Tyrod is on his 3rd offensive coordinator and his production has been roughly the same.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We got a glimpse of what a 5th round rookie would look like....not every QB would perform like Peterman did.

In your first sentence, you think if lets say Carson Wentz was our QB....he would average around 185 yards passing in this offense?  No QB can be successful with Charles Clay, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones with Lesean McCoy in the running game?

In how many games have all those guys been healthy?  Or even most of them?  

WRT last week, it was a data point.  You can certainly question how meaningful it was, but it surely means something.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What exactly will it take for you to get it through your thick skull that draft position and success are not absolutely correlated.  How many QBs do you have to see that were drafted in later rounds, or not even drafted at all, to make you realize it's about drafting the right guy, and not just a first round guy? 

Just looking historically:

Brady (round 6)

Montana (round 3)

Warner (FA)

Moon (not drafted)

Brees (2nd round)

All three HOFers or sure bets for the HOF. 

Don't see a fifth rounder amongst them.......  BTW Moon was a victim of racism (as to why he wasn't drafted).....

Edited by Billsfan1972

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Don't see a fifth rounder amongst them.......  BTW Moon was a victim of racism (as to why he wasn't drafted).....

What an absurd statement.  How completely absurd.  Guys that were drafetd lower or not even drafted are HOFers.  But you have to have specifically a fifth round pick.  Just completely ignorant.