Is anyone here really a Tyrod fan?

Billsfan1972

4 hours ago, Casey D said:

I'm a Tyrod fan.  Works so hard, classic overachiever.  Great leader. Teammates love him.  Is he a great QB, no.  But there are lots of guys with more talent doing much less.

Does not mean we should not strive to find better.  But your odds of finding worse are much higher.  On a planet of 7  1/2 billion people, only about 5 men play QB in the NFL at a high level, and another 8 or so that are pretty good.  Everyone else is roughly Tyrod or less.  That is what is killing the NFL in a game where QB is everything most of the time.

Yesterday's game was so much fun because it wasn't just up and down the field like a basketball game. Running, strategy and good defense. I miss games like that

I am Negan.     (therefore I must be a Tyrod fan) 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

funny.... i got burned by numerous posters in the past saying taylor was basically the alex smith of the last 4 or 5 years before this season. only difference is one has wins and gets a much longer leash becuz he's been gifted elite defenses, run game and talent around him over the last 5 years up until this season.

looks like the chiefs had the right idea winning games while they could and drafting the young prospect. maybe just a year late though. its exactly what i wanted buffalo to do this last draft. win as many as they could. make the playoff push and groom a young guy.... not named Peterman.

I guess it comes down to how a person want to dissect this. 

One way - 

Alex Smith is like TT  Ultra conservative "protects the ball",     but  Alex has proven he can pass the ball.   

Like you said it only works when you have a solid defense.   

Which is what I have said for close to 2 years now (and called a hater for it by some).  TT needs a top 5 defense to get his team to 10 or more wins. 

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm a fan because he doesn't turn the ball over, which is exactly what the team needs right now.

and points.  You have to score points right? 

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I am Negan.     (therefore I must be a Tyrod fan) 

I guess it comes down to how a person want to dissect this. 

One way - 

Alex Smith is like TT  Ultra conservative "protects the ball",     but  Alex has proven he can pass the ball.   

Like you said it only works when you have a solid defense.   

Which is what I have said for close to 2 years now (and called a hater for it by some).  TT needs a top 5 defense to get his team to 10 or more wins. 

I would argue its much more than you just saying he needs a good defense for you to be labeled that...... and I think a consistent top 10-12 unit would do just fine for him.

bottom line is he's not nearly as bad as a handful of you guys have made him out to be over the last couple weeks. he's an average qb that needs help around him. and I would ask at what point does a qb quit getting bashed this much when he is putting up solid numbers combined with more wins than losses. people wanna argue his stats mean nothing. they wanna argue his wins and losses mean next to nothing. at what point do you look at wins and losses and the fairly solid numbers and realize he's not nearly as bad as you'd like to think. 

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

doesn't matter when he does.... last year they were 6th in scoring with him at the helm and you didn't like that either... 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

If Taylor goes to another team next year and looks like a different QB posting 300+ yard games regularly then I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong and chalk it up to the Bills being terrible and not having the right coaching/players around him.

But in reality we all know that's not going to happen, a great QB would have had more than one lousy 300 yard game by now regardless of the coaching and talent. I don't even believe Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Taylor but even he had his bright spots and big days in Buffalo on some very bad teams.

I think best case for TT is to land on a team like Denver or Jax next year where he can truly play the Alex Smith role to perfection behind a great defense. But even then he'll simply be keeping the seat warm for a high draft pick QB or have a very short leash as a starter if another viable option is on the roster.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Fixed that for accuracy.  

Not everything you read on the internet is true.  

dude. you freaking hammered him during his two losses and then when he got benched. practically dancing around yelling I told you so. come on man. you were at the forefront. now you're back to toning it down after a win.... just like you were staying in line during the 5-2 start.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

dude. you freaking hammered him during his two losses and then when he got benched. practically dancing around yelling I told you so. come on man. you were at the forefront.

when you play bad or have the inability to play better you should be criticized ......  He is what we think he is.   Not Good Enough  NGE

As to the Alternate Truth.   

I was "excited" to see what he kid could to.  I wasn't giddy and jumping for joy.   If you want to accuse me of something make sure you can get it in a quote. 

(that way I can't deny it) 

what is a tyrod fan? is that buying his jersy or wanting a signed ball by him? is it starting many threads defending his play and wearing the board out with his stats?

or are you a bills fan and even if you don't like his game at times you root for the team for which he is part of?

if the latter, then consider me a fan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

when you play bad or have the inability to play better you should be criticized ......  He is what we think he is.   Not Good Enough  NGE

As to the Alternate Truth.   

I was "excited" to see what he kid could to.  I wasn't giddy and jumping for joy.   If you want to accuse me of something make sure you can get it in a quote. 

(that way I can't deny it) 

while I want better from the position i'm not letting the rest of the team off the hook. guy has a career winning record and the majority of that has been with bad coaching and inconsistent bad play from his defense. i'm way more annoyed with the teams inability to show up in other areas than I am with tyrod over the last 3 years. none of this will matter after this season though as he'll certainly be gone and we hopefully get a bright young talent.

I wont be surprised though when he goes to a more complete team like Denver or jax and wins quite a few games becuz of his undervalued ability to protect the football and be efficient. 

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what is a tyrod fan? is that buying his jersy or wanting a signed ball by him? is it starting many threads defending his play and wearing the board out with his stats?

or are you a bills fan and even if you don't like his game at times you root for the team for which he is part of?

if the latter, then consider me a fan.

well my wife insisted on a color rush taylor jersey last year so i'd like to at least get a couple more games out of it before I have to buy her a different one. lol

39 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You have to score more points than the opponent.

Given that this team has been winning by protecting the ball and generating turnovers, they do not need a risk-taking gunslinger who will pass for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns.  They need someone who will protect the ball.

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Anyone who supports him is labelled a fan.

I don't see anyone with the screen name Tyrodforever, Taylor#1, SaviorTyrod..... 

Many here just support Tyrod and wonder about the offense and whether if could be a good qb?

The moves done to decimate the offense in the offseason was a good indication as to what the HO & coaches wanted to do.

Listening to wgr and they too are ripping Dennison and the offense.  Taylor under center almost the entire game, terrible play calling on many short yardage plays and ridiculously conservative playcalling.  Many were blaming Tyrod on handoffs called yesterday.......  Yep his fault.

Now if you don't like Tyrod you will say Dennison is forced to be conservative.  I'm so tired of that logic.

I'd rather see him go down in flames and vindicate all those who dislike Taylor and see with my own eyes that he is not a good qb, then wonder if it is the lousy weapons he has and Dennison is to blame.

Doesn't help McCoy either.

BTW what makes it even sadder, was that Peterman had the full offensive game plan and was out there throwing passes (and interceptions) when he started, with Dennison calling pass plays all half...... 

But he is conservative with Tyrod because he doesn't trust him...  

A compete joke.

No, there are some assumptions made of a 5th round draft pick. And it's hard to overcome those. In addition to his obvious limitations. I like Tyrod a lot. But he leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe in a better offense he would put up better numbers. But seems like he'll never really be embraced by this fan base. I'm a fan though and hopes he does well wherever he goes next year.

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

while I want better from the position i'm not letting the rest of the team off the hook.

this is where you should have stopped.   After this all I heard was the Charlie Brown teachers voice wa  waa wa  wa  waa wa   wa  waa wa 

He can not lead us to the promised land on his own.  You said so yourself.  So why do want to continue to argue something we agree on? 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

this is where you should have stopped.   After this all I heard was the Charlie Brown teachers voice wa  waa wa  wa  waa wa   wa  waa wa 

classy. good talk friend.... you never let me down.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Do you agree with Tyrod when said that the reason for being  benched ( San Diego) is because he's black ? 

Wow. I didn't even know people were out there peddling this trash. Kind of funny how you can put a bowl full of reeking manure in front of some people and they eat it right up - and happily lick their lips after. There's another example over at Bills Zone. A blowhard there is always peddling junk which he says comes from a top-secret source in the Bills' organization. So he claims his (secret) source said this : Tyrod won back the starting job not because of NP's performance, but because Kim Pegula forced McDermott to, because - yes - Taylor is black. It was entertaining - albeit in a rather sordid way - to watch so many posters gobble-up this buffoon's crap - spewing indignant rage in return.

The things people take pleasure in, huh?

The topic was meant to identify anyone who falls into a similar camp with the Petermaniacs.

It is pretty obvious from 6 pages there is not one who will defend him 'til the ends of the earth as opposed to those making excuses for 5 Ints in one half.

Mostly it is faint praise and those picking apart a low throw that was caught Sunday and explaining away that he is maybe just ok.......

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

The topic was meant to identify anyone who falls into a similar camp with the Petermaniacs.

It is pretty obvious from 6 pages there is not one who will defend him 'til the ends of the earth as opposed to those making excuses for 5 Ints in one half.

Mostly it is faint praise and those picking apart a low throw that was caught Sunday and explaining away that he is maybe just ok.......

it's pretty obvious that you're difficult to have a normal conversation with.

• Like (+1) 1