11-20: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers

26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He's not going to come out and reverse his decision today on the podium wiping fresh egg off his face. Wasn't going to happen. There is simply no way he can trot Nate Peterman out there on Sunday @ Arrowhead. It had to be LA for a variety of reasons and wasn't even likely to be a long term thing. Taylor will start Sunday and probably until the team is mathematically out of it. Anything less than a very good performance from NP and possibly even a win would have ensured this. The craptacular result makes it a slam dunk. 

Ummmm he's not really considering it. The wound is too fresh and he won't slam the kid like that. He will " carefully evaluate " the situation and announce Taylor is starting on  Wednesday. Book it. 

I agree that he is too stubborn to relent that he made a bad decision to the media this soon.

Everything else is up in the air..........Peterman starting this weekend........even whether or not Taylor is the starting QB here next year.

I was one of the few who said Taylor could be back in the lineup at any minute after the QB change last week.

Amazes me that fans don't understand the nature of this organization yet.

They are a dumpster fire..........everything Pegula's have done to change that has only increased the btu's it gives off.

Apparently you can't fight fire with natural gas..........next time hire a Czar so there will at least be SOME KIND of stewardship.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree that he is too stubborn to relent that he made a bad decision to the media this soon.

Everything else is up in the air..........Peterman starting this weekend........even whether or not Taylor is the starting QB here next year.

I was one of the few who said Taylor could be back in the lineup at any minute after the QB change last week.

They are a dumpster fire..........everything Pegula's have done to change that has only increased the btu's it gives off.

Apparently you can't fight fire with natural gas..........next time hire a Czar so there will at least be SOME KIND of stewardship.

Ha ! I agree completely, and also thought the NP thing was unlikely to be long term as surprising as it was. It seems the decision may have been influenced by Dennison , who is way over his head as an OC and a play caller. The smart move from the jump would indeed have been to first hire a football Czar , which was bantered about when the Pegulas first bought the team. Seems to be going pretty well for Coughlin down in Jacksonville anyway. The bloom is off the rose from that 5-2 start , and the organization once again has returned to its usual festering , putrid morass. 

27 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Yeah, I thought that was a very weird playcall. Not sure why they were in dime tho. Is that a normal defensive alignment in that situation?

No...I was shocked to hear that from the anmouncer and then I looked and they were indeed in the dime...I have to think it was a mistake by Bradley...

He was probably like crap...we just gave them a free first down...and then he probably couldnt stop laughing when they dropped back to pass

38 minutes ago, unclepete said:

People hate Tyrod so much that they’ll find ways excuse a terrible performance and encourage a QB who had the worst start in NFL history. How can he even consider starting Peterman. We thought EJ was bad? 

To me they both had horrible games each one as starter . But not going to discount Peterman over one game. 

I honest don't know why they don't interchange QB's throughout the game.  It's not like baseball where once the pitcher is taken out of the game he is done.  Tyrod did a good job off the bench.  Each guy brings a different skill set.  Why limit yourself to one?

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

Positives?

Aside from Shady & Hauschka, there is nothing positive to take away from yesterday's game. Although that completion to Benjamin was a positive, but Benjamin got injured on that play, so that positive became a negative.

I like McDermott, but telling us there were positives in yesterday's game, is insulting.

48 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't understand why it would make much sense to admit that to the media though. 1 - Why does he owe the media any kind of mea culpa at all? What does this accomplish? 2 - Why dump on Peterman? The kid is obviously devastated he sucked and probably blew his once chance to start in the NFL. 

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But ... but ... spraying natural gas on the dumpster fire helps you blow it all up!

I hate to even use his name but do you think Belichick would be "evaluating" a 5th rd QB who just threw 5 picks in one half of play.  That kid would have been on the first bus out of town.  You have to start with good coaching and if McDermott hasn't figured out that Dennison can't produce then he's going to be "evaluating" hit "process" all damn year.  Go watch other teams.  They get guys wide open.  They get easy passes and good running lanes.  Dennison took Manning who had just thrown 94 TD passes in two years and had him benched by the end of the season.

Edited by Maine-iac

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nobody should have expected McD to announce any QB decision today. No matter how he feels or what choice he may have already made, he wasn't going to say anything publicly until after he's been in the QB room later today after they've had a chance to analyze the video. The first people to know are going to be his QBs in that classroom setting. 

I'm more curious about his meeting with that "leadership council" he mentioned and whether or not he's just paying lip service in that regard. 

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nobody should have expected McD to announce any QB decision today. No matter how he feels or what choice he may have already made, he wasn't going to say anything publicly until after he's been in the QB room later today after they've had a chance to analyze the video. The first people to know are going to be his QBs in that classroom setting. 

I'm more curious about his meeting with that "leadership council" he mentioned and whether or not he's just paying lip service in that regard. 

The player council is a jury of 12 and I suspect the verdict will be unanimous. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Um ... when you've a bad decision it's actually OK to waver. My god, this reads like someone who has ingested the contents of ten really crappy inspirational management books. Just cliche after cliche.

I think you are on to something here.

Given all of the cliches, I bet there is a motivational book or two that McCoach has read where these come from.  Perhaps:

"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Rookie NFL Coaches"

"How to Win Games & Influence the Pegulas"

"Awaken the Backup QB Within"

"Don't Sweat the Small (Run) Stuff(ers)"

"The Power of Positive Cliches"

• Haha (+1) 2

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "LEARN AND GROW" (22:56)

Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media on Monday topics include; learning from Sunday's game, completing contested throws, and an injury update.

RICK DENNISON: "FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTALS" (10:52)

Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison addressed the media Monday topics include; calling the game from the coaches booth, the improved running game, and taking care of the football.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Positives?

Aside from Shady & Hauschka, there is nothing positive to take away from yesterday's game. Although that completion to Benjamin was a positive, but Benjamin got injured on that play, so that positive became a negative.

I like McDermott, but telling us there were positives in yesterday's game, is insulting.

...he's a rook and I expect mistakes....plenty of blunders abound even from "seasoned" HC's......but dammit, fess up and admit them....clap clap clap......sure the 5-2 start created "irrational exuberance" about 2017 and now the three game skid brought that to a halt.....but his weekly refrain during this skid reminds me of Dopey Dickie Jauron and "well, we have to look at the tape".......or Wrecks and his, "lemme tell ya, our guys played their tails off".....YAWN...........