Great MMQB article on Tyrod/Bills decision

Logic

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably would have been easier to start out bad. Oh well, some of those games were certainly fun.

Indeed, I'll still be watching and hoping and praying that the Chargers over think it and don't run on every play and that Mr. Peterman has a great day. Should be fun, I "hope"  0:)

7 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Yes, I knew we were bad when we had a THREE to zero turnover differential late in the 4th quarter against the Bengals, and also had a 75 yard kick return, and somehow were LOSING the football game.  That performance was every bit as bad as the saints or jets games disguised by the turnover ratio and the kick return. 

Thank you!  So sick of the nonsense narrative that "Tyrod was benched after ONE bad game"!!!

11 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Yes, I knew we were bad when we had a THREE to zero turnover differential late in the 4th quarter against the Bengals, and also had a 75 yard kick return, and somehow were LOSING the football game.  That performance was every bit as bad as the saints or jets games disguised by the turnover ratio and the kick return. 

Yeah that was rather putrid. Recall that was the game Charles Clay was hurt with Matthews out. 

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If there's one thing I could change about national sports media, it would be a brutal purge of all the idiot ex-players who don't do their  homework before spouting off.  

It remains incredible to me that the imbecile Marshall Faulk still gets to be employed for spouting ignorance, but at least his role on NFLN has been reduced.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah that was rather putrid. Recall that was the game Charles Clay was hurt with Matthews out. 

It was also the game where TT failed to THROW THE DAMNED BALL on time to Logan Thomas, turning an easy TD into a FG.

Edited by BobChalmers

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What?  London Fletcher isn't exactly what I'd call a media whiner. 

oh, but he is. anyone not accepting this benching is whining, media included.

when you don't capitalize on turnovers, go sit down.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Despite being the darling of game-charters, there wasn’t a whole lot of interest in Taylor this past offseason. That’s in large part because play-designers and play-callers have a lot of say in who plays quarterback, and in Taylor they see a guy who does some specific things well but comes with limitations and might have reached his ceiling.

Good read and he said a lot of things that us Tyrod “haters” have been saying for a while. We all knew a change would be made at some point this season. I just hope we finally get lucky and found our guy. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

And finally some cap space. They also can utilize some draft capital to trade for players, if needed.

If they do that, how are they going to package those draft picks to move up and draft their Yet-To-Be-Named Savior Franchise QB?  After all, if they don't have their franchise QB, what's the whole point of building up the team since they won't be able to win the SB without one.

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Lots of great stuff in here. Right on the money. Too much to copy and paste all the good quotes, so I only picked one. Check the article out, though. Worth your time.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/18/week-11-preview-bills-tyrod-taylor-nathan-peterman-jerry-jones-roger-goodell-case-keenum-teddy-bridgewater

"I like Taylor, I’m hopeful for the Bills, and I’m bummed it didn’t work out. In short, for a flawed team, what Taylor brought wasn’t good enough, and he really hadn’t shown any signs that a drastic improvement was on the way. Are the Bills better off with Nathan Peterman under center? We have no idea yet. But they made the change because they wanted something different. This team was speeding toward the edge of the cliff, and sometimes you just gotta turn the wheel and hope for the best."

Wow a really well thought out and reasoned article by MSM (Main Street Media) and one that seems to look at the actual play rather than just stats.  I am impressed and think he captures what most of us have been saying.

Nice Find

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm sure they would if they felt they had better options to replace them with.

Why don't they have better options?  Oh, yeah, they opted to go with STers and PS refugees on the DL ... and then they traded away their best DLer for a 6th rounder supposedly because he didn't "buy into" the new system although the Bills were trying to peddle Dareus since before the first OTA. 

I can't see how Taylor is not the Jacksonville Jaguars' starting QB in 2018. He and Marrone will go to the playoffs because their defense is loaded and Taylor doesn't turn the ball over.

Marrone is probably already sending love letters to Tyrod as we speak.

Great article, btw. I don't like how bad he thinks the Bills are, but he's probably right. Everything else is on point.

24 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I can't see how Taylor is not the Jacksonville Jaguars' starting QB in 2018. He and Marrone will go to the playoffs because their defense is loaded and Taylor doesn't turn the ball over.

Marrone is probably already sending love letters to Tyrod as we speak.

Great article, btw. I don't like how bad he thinks the Bills are, but he's probably right. Everything else is on point.

Marrone may be an egomaniac and a dickhead but he's not stupid and highly doubt he has any interest in Tyrod.

51 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Marrone may be an egomaniac and a dickhead but he's not stupid and highly doubt he has any interest in Tyrod.

First off, I agree with switch, and hopefully Peterman pans out or this season and probably 2018 is toast.

But come on. Tyrod is still a starter for half the teams. And yes, a conservative coach who has a strong defense will love a guy that doesn't  throw picks! 

18 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

First off, I agree with switch, and hopefully Peterman pans out or this season and probably 2018 is toast.

But come on. Tyrod is still a starter for half the teams. And yes, a conservative coach who has a strong defense will love a guy that doesn't  throw picks! 

Could not disagree more. Name them?

Edited by PeterGriffin