Is this the most drama-filled Bills season ever?

CanadianFan

No, I think last year had more drama: firing Greg Roman after the second game, Rex's bull$&*#, Rex's job status, Whaley's job status, bench Tyrod the last game, Rex fired, trainwreck of a press conference, Whaley fired.  A lot happened last season.

Right now McDermott is just trying to right the ship and get into the playoffs.  The fact his OC and OLine coaches are also disasters is a bit outside the scope of the original question.

2014 no?  Prior to the season there was still a question mark as to who was buying the team.  Then the Marrone/Whaley shouting match in front of everyone.  We had a QB switch that year as well, then the 7 foot snow storm which moved the Jets game to Detroit.  Then right after the season Marrone quits

39 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

2014 no?  Prior to the season there was still a question mark as to who was buying the team.  Then the Marrone/Whaley shouting match in front of everyone.  We had a QB switch that year as well, then the 7 foot snow storm which moved the Jets game to Detroit.  Then right after the season Marrone quits

Yeah, I think that's the winner, at least in recent history.

42 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah, gotta agree with you there.  There were also some crazy SB years - lots of Bickering Bills, etc.

26 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Living through Lou Saban quitting, a year of Hank Bullough, trading Lamonica, Harvey Johnson, Flutie-Johnson and couple of 2-12 seasons, no, but it has been right up there.

Saban quit?  wow. why? That was like a century ago too. how old are you?

Flutie-Johnson yes but that's only 1 story. This one seemed to have had so many because of it involved so many characters and events.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, I think last year had more drama: firing Greg Roman after the second game, Rex's bull$&*#, Rex's job status, Whaley's job status, bench Tyrod the last game, Rex fired, trainwreck of a press conference, Whaley fired.  A lot happened last season.

Right now McDermott is just trying to right the ship and get into the playoffs.  The fact his OC and OLine coaches are also disasters is a bit outside the scope of the original question.

Well, Rex's last year had a tension about it BUT it was just one story. The only surprise was the Roman firing. everything else was heading down the way it did so no surprises for me. The only thing I hated was how much hate was propagated by the bull **** News. They fanned the expectations and they pushed the hate. 

I'm kinda including Whaley firing in this year bec. McDermott was hired in Jan so that signifies a new year (and technically the league year started in March). I thought they'd have fired Whaley end of year/beginning of year but didn't. So right at the draft end was a surprise . the pre-season trades were a surprise. the early good start was a surprise. then trading a starter in the middle of a playoff hunt. trading for KB who was supposed to help Tyrod. now the tyrod benching in a playoff hunt. So many goddamn surprises that I wasn't expecting. 

10 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If NP does what I think he's going to do for this offense and team in the coming weeks stay tuned and buckled up.....drama might be an understatement.

don't jinx it now LOL. 

Edited by CanadianFan

3 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

With all the firings hirings, surprise trades, QB changes, I think I have friggin PTSD. I keep thinking something else is gonna pop every friggin day. Has there been a more drama-filled Bills season?

Drama Queen City then?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

With all the firings hirings, surprise trades, QB changes, I think I have friggin PTSD. I keep thinking something else is gonna pop every friggin day. Has there been a more drama-filled Bills season?

No Bickering Bils was FAR more drama...because they were actually really good.

8 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

you forget 1989?

9 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

The year of the "Bickering Bills" in 1988 before they got it together was up there. I think it was 1988. My memory if getting fuzzy these days. 

it was the '89 season and that would have been my vote.  Ronnie Harmon dropping the pass at the end of the game summed up that season perfectly.