Is this the most drama-filled Bills season ever?

CanadianFan

2009 is a contender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Buffalo_Bills_season

The 2009 disaster began in the offseason.  It started in February when a clerical error led to the Bills being unable to trade Dockery and instead cut him to avoid paying his roster bonus.  He was cut two years into a 7 year deal. 

That was quickly forgotten when T.O. signed and was given the key to the city and named mayor of Buffalo for life.

Shuffling on the OL continued unabated as the Bills traded malcontent Jason Peters for some picks which they used to address recent vacancies in selecting Wood and Levitre. Other notable picks, Aaron Maybin and Jarius Byrd.  Langston Walker was moved from right tackle where he was at least adequate to left tackle where he struggled.  They cut Walker one week before the season started and KArl Malone's illegitimate son Demetrius Bell, who we would later learn is actually named Demetress, was promoted to starting LT.  The Bills would go on to fire the OC Turk Schonert because his offense was too complicated, and promoted QB coach Alex Van Pelt to OC. 

Despite the total cluster f@#$ that was the offseason, the Bills were leading the Patriots in the final moments of the season opener on prime time until Leodis muffed a punt and gave them the ball game.  Disgruntled fans demonstrated their displeasure by drawing a large phallus in McKelvin's yard with spray paint leading Kavika Mitchell to issue an open challenge and threat to any fans who venture on to his property.

The Bills would go on to star in the worst football game ever played in a 6-3 loss to the Browns.  To be continued... but Jauron would be fired mid season.  Edwards lost the starting job to Fewell.  Byrd was the word.  Maybin was wreaking Mayhem from the sidelines. 

15 hours ago, cba fan said:

Drama Queen City then?

LOL yeah definitely!!!!! Patent it. We're becoming that aren't we.

14 hours ago, matter2003 said:

No Bickering Bils was FAR more drama...because they were actually really good.

Which was this?

10 hours ago, nucci said:

you forget 1989?

What happened in 89? Is that the flutie year? scratch that. that's 99. 

29 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

LOL yeah definitely!!!!! Patent it. We're becoming that aren't we.

Which was this?

What happened in 89? Is that the flutie year? scratch that. that's 99. 

89 was the Bickering Bills

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

2009 is a contender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Buffalo_Bills_season

The 2009 disaster began in the offseason.  It started in February when a clerical error led to the Bills being unable to trade Dockery and instead cut him to avoid paying his roster bonus.  He was cut two years into a 7 year deal. 

That was quickly forgotten when T.O. signed and was given the key to the city and named mayor of Buffalo for life.

Shuffling on the OL continued unabated as the Bills traded malcontent Jason Peters for some picks which they used to address recent vacancies in selecting Wood and Levitre. Other notable picks, Aaron Maybin and Jarius Byrd.  Langston Walker was moved from right tackle where he was at least adequate to left tackle where he struggled.  They cut Walker one week before the season started and KArl Malone's illegitimate son Demetrius Bell, who we would later learn is actually named Demetress, was promoted to starting LT.  The Bills would go on to fire the OC Turk Schonert because his offense was too complicated, and promoted QB coach Alex Van Pelt to OC. 

Despite the total cluster f@#$ that was the offseason, the Bills were leading the Patriots in the final moments of the season opener on prime time until Leodis muffed a punt and gave them the ball game.  Disgruntled fans demonstrated their displeasure by drawing a large phallus in McKelvin's yard with spray paint leading Kavika Mitchell to issue an open challenge and threat to any fans who venture on to his property.

The Bills would go on to star in the worst football game ever played in a 6-3 loss to the Browns.  To be continued... but Jauron would be fired mid season.  Edwards lost the starting job to Fewell.  Byrd was the word.  Maybin was wreaking Mayhem from the sidelines. 

LOL that season sounded like a laugh. Anyone got pictures of that lawn?

in terms of turmoil, you're right. mid-season firing is bad. But I never liked Jauron as a coach. the most uninspired hire, as nice a man as he was. better than others before him who were just complete jokes. Still wasn't good. I expected him to get fired. The team was in its dark ages and I knew it. 

I was never emotionally invested in those Bills teams because I never saw the talent on the field or on the sidelines (coaching). Front offices were incompetent. Bills teams since 99 been filled with so many holes you can't even call it swiss cheese, it was mostly air!  

You have to have a lot of competent players and a sprinkling of star players to be competitive in the league. I don't know, I just didn't see rosters filled with competent players back then. Some were very good like Peters, Kyle W., but the rest were beyond mediocre. That's why guys like Lynch didn't shine here.

I felt like since 2011 the average role player on the roster got better. And we added a few stars or potential stars here and there.  

I just saw that slow progression of acquiring better and better players, and improving coaching.  I felt like the team is back on solid ground. Now it's about adding additional layering of competency. Of talent. better coaching. improving supporting programs like conditioning, strength, training, medical team. Like building a house. brick by brick. Organizationally it just feels like the team is more competently run now. It just needs to get up to that next rung of performance - consistent performance. Excellence is always about consistency. I don't even care about getting just to playoffs at this point. Get consistency across the board and winning will come.  

I just feel like Bills are at that stage of development in a team - cusp of consistency. Just needs to take that next step. So that's why I'm on the edge of my seat with this team. Once they reach that next level, you won't have to worry about them sucking again. Right now we do LOL. 

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

89 was the Bickering Bills

Sounds like I missed a good year LOL.