Should Al Franken resign

/dev/null

Should Al Franken resign  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Al Franken resign

2 hours ago, Dorkington said:

He absolutely should resign, and it's hypocritical that he hasn't. I don't care for apologies, I want action. 

This could be the reason why he isn't and McConnell was so quick to just say he should be referred to the ethics committee.  http://ntknetwork.com/15-million-in-taxpayer-money-has-been-paid-out-to-settle-congressional-sexual-harassment-suits/

I have a feeling Franken opened the floodgates for the rest of Congress.  If he steps down it sets a precedent for all future senators/congressman accused to also step down.

This is more political correctness gone awry.

I am a conservative, and despise the man, but I saw the photo... he was not touching her.  It was clearly a joke.  There are other more serious issues that we need to deal with but this is not one of them.

Nobody seems to appreciate that one sleazebag resigning will only make way for the next sleazebag to move in and take over. If someone holding political office commits a criminal offense, then sure - toss them out on their ass. If no actual crime has been committed, then fire them at the ballot box.

Pop Progressivism will eat itself...

Darn Democrats!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/women-allege-sexual-harassment-while-working-on-clinton-sanders-campaigns-report/ar-BBF6wMc?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

I'm waiting to see Craigslist ads, asking for campaign stories from anyone that may have worked on a campaign. "Did anyone ask you out for a drink?...Comment on your appearance?....Talk about another person's appearance?"

Edited by OJABBA

On 11/18/2017 at 9:11 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Is that real?  Franken is looking to have s left in this but in the other picture he  was looking to his right.

No.  Franken has that yellow ear plug in, hands in same position, same clothes, but whoever doctored that photo did a good job.  I think that photo of Hillary was from the convention.

al-franken-02-ht-jc-171116_4x3_992.jpg

I'll change my vote to no because I thought more women would come forward like they did with Spacey, B. Clinton, Weinstein, Moore, Trump, etc...  Franklin apologized and the woman accepted his apology.  If more women come forward then he should resign.  Doesn't mean he's not a creep though.

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Felons should be able to have their rights reinstated. Only someone who abhorres the Constitution would believe otherwise

"But only the right to vote!  Certainly not the right to own a gun!" [/Democrats]

"But only the right to own a gun!  Certainly not the right to vote!" [/Republicans]

21 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Felons should be able to have their rights reinstated. Only someone who abhorres the Constitution would believe otherwise

Not necessarilly true.

There is a very reasonable argument to be made that the forfeiture of the franchise and 2nd Amendment protections are seperate yet accompanying punishments from incarceration and post detention behavior monitoring, and since those rights are not suspended without due process, it's perfectly Constitutional.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Not necessarilly true.

There is a very reasonable argument to be made that the forfeiture of the franchise and 2nd Amendment protections are seperate yet accompanying punishments from incarceration and post detention behavior monitoring, and since those rights are not suspended without due process, it's perfectly Constitutional.

And yet, in the most every state you can still vote as a felon. And in almost every state, at least every state I know of you can have your gun rights reinstated as a felon. There are certain stipulations to both, but for the most part you can restore all your constitutional rights and guarantees which are forfeited upon a conviction or any such likewise incident. But the Second Amendment and the right to vote are the two big things that matter the most. Other than going to certain countries, Canada side accept felons without extreme vetting for example

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  Franken has that yellow ear plug in, hands in same position, same clothes, but whoever doctored that photo did a good job.  I think that photo of Hillary was from the convention.

al-franken-02-ht-jc-171116_4x3_992.jpg

I'll change my vote to no because I thought more women would come forward like they did with Spacey, B. Clinton, Weinstein, Moore, Trump, etc...  Franklin apologized and the woman accepted his apology.  If more women come forward then he should resign.  Doesn't mean he's not a creep though.

He is facing the complete opposite direction.  

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

And yet, in the most every state you can still vote as a felon. And in almost every state, at least every state I know of you can have your gun rights reinstated as a felon. There are certain stipulations to both, but for the most part you can restore all your constitutional rights and guarantees which are forfeited upon a conviction or any such likewise incident. But the Second Amendment and the right to vote are the two big things that matter the most. Other than going to certain countries, Canada side accept felons without extreme vetting for example

Wether I agree with permanent forfeiture of the franchise and 2nd Amendment protections, and the importance I place on them as rights (I have very divergent personal opinions about them), has nothing to do with the Constitutionality of their forfeiture.

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Wether I agree with permanent forfeiture of the franchise and 2nd Amendment protections, and the importance I place on them as rights (I have very divergent personal opinions about them), has nothing to do with the Constitutionality of their forfeiture.

Rights to vote and own a firearm should be restored after the sentence has been served on a first felony offense.  Everybody deserves a second chance

But !@#$ again and the rights are permanently forfeit.

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Rights to vote and own a firearm should be restored after the sentence has been served on a first felony offense.  Everybody deserves a second chance

But !@#$ again and the rights are permanently forfeit.

A valid opinion, though my only purpose was to point out the forfeiture of those rights isn't unConstitutional.

My personal preference would be a permanent forfeiture of the franchise, which is a restricted privilege rather than a right; and permanent forfeiture of 2nd Amendment protections for all violent offenders, specifically those who used a gun in the commission of a crime.

DAMON LINKER: Al Franken Is Just The Beginning.

Consider Joe Biden. A few short weeks ago, the former senator and vice president seemed like he would be a leading contender to win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020 and then the favorite to challenge President Trump’s bid for re-election. But now? Biden’s polling may look good, but he has a history of wandering hands that is simply incompatible with the new normal. He’s a political dead man.”

Or this will all be old news by 2019.

NEW: A woman says Sen. Al Franken inappropriately touched her in 2010, telling CNN that he grabbed her buttocks while taking a photo at the Minnesota State Fair. http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html 

Not only she did tell family members at the time, she said something about it on Facebook http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html 

Lame response by Al, doesn't help..............

Franken statement to CNN: "I take thousands of photos at the state fair surrounded by hundreds of people, and I certainly don't remember taking this picture. I feel badly that Ms. Menz came away from our interaction feeling disrespected."

Edited by B-Man

The horribly unfunny Al Franken gets sliced right out of the PBS special honouring Letterman tonight.

love it!!!!

But the screen guide description hi-lites Al in the description still.

Edited by row_33

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is Charlie Rose the MC?

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is Charlie Rose the MC?

No, but here’s a lot of over the hill hacks on the show.

and Letterman, the man who was so obviously sleeping with that girl who had zero talent to justify putting her on Late Night otherwise