New Orleans Scrubs at the end of the game....

Billsfan1972

49 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am not writing out the names, but one excited poster showed Peterman completing a pass to Benjamin as the greatest example of reading a defense.

I decided to see who was on the field for NO...... 

21,25,26,50,57,91,92,93 are the #'s I could see.......

Checked their stats and seems almost everyone was a non-starter, special teams player......

Congrats our starters (and Peterman now is the starter) had a TD drive vs. their garbage time players.... 

Truly curious (I don't have rewind).... what were the numbers out there on Tyrod's last drive? For comparison purposes. Those MIGHT have been the same folks Tyrod "produced" against.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Can go on and on, but I would have liked to wait 'til after the SD game if he (TT) was just that bad.......  At 5-5 sure I'll wave the white flag, but not with the season on the line should a 5th round rookie be the QB.

You’re assuming they’re waving a white flag, and ignoring the possibility that Peterman in this offense might be a better fit that keeps the defense off the field for more than 2 minutes or less.

Besides, it’s not like they launched Tyrod into space. If Peterman stinks up the joint in the first half, I’m sure TT can come in and scramble or check down just as well as he did while getting first team practice reps. It’s not like it’s going to affect his chemistry with his receivers. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, transient said:

You’re assuming they’re waving a white flag, and ignoring the possibility that Peterman in this offense might be a better fit that keeps the defense off the field for more than 2 minutes or less.

Besides, it’s not like they launched Tyrod into space. If Peterman stinks up the joint in the first half, I’m sure TT can come in and scramble or check down just as well as he did while getting first team practice reps. It’s not like it’s going to affect his chemistry with his receivers. 

I think by starting Peterman, you're in it for the long haul (i.e. rest of the season). You don't pull a rookie on his first start after the first half of his first ever game. No one wins there. You ride him out for the remainder of the year understanding that Tyrod wasn't going to get you to the playoffs either. If we happen to have a great game manager on our hands, and he finds ways to win ball games, awesome, if not, we're playoff-less again. You don't go back to Tyrod. That's not what this move is about. 

• Like (+1) 1

The past 3 years we been around .500 hoping to get in and what has it done for us? I glad we got a coach who thinks that is unacceptable. Despite who was on the field, Peterman made quick decisions with accurate passes. I’m sure they see more of the same in practice week to week. We have won games because of our D not our O. To be honest, with alittle better QB play we could of easily started 7-0 with the way this D was playing. The past 2 games were terrible for the D and the struggling O only made it worse with all the !@#$ing 3 and outs. No one knows how this is gonna turn out but i’m excited to see something different. Hope it works

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Right I did not check, but can be pretty sure they did not take the field until half way through the 4th.

Just thought it was interesting who was on the field.

Can go on and on, but I would have liked to wait 'til after the SD game if he (TT) was just that bad.......  At 5-5 sure I'll wave the white flag, but not with the season on the line should a 5th round rookie be the QB.

How hard is it for people to see this as not waving the white flag but as improving the team? Or at least for now attempting to improve the team. TT failed to work out. Simple as that!

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I haven't slept for the past four nights.

Are you working nights @Gugny?

Edited by fansince88

6 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I think by starting Peterman, you're in it for the long haul (i.e. rest of the season). You don't pull a rookie on his first start after the first half of his first ever game. No one wins there. You ride him out for the remainder of the year understanding that Tyrod wasn't going to get you to the playoffs either. If we happen to have a great game manager on our hands, and he finds ways to win ball games, awesome, if not, we're playoff-less again. You don't go back to Tyrod. That's not what this move is about. 

For the most part, I agree. However, if he comes in and looks completely overmatched like Cardale Jones at the end of the Jets game last year, and despite that the game is still within reach...

In my opinion, as long as he’s not baited into a bunch of picks, it will be hard for him to look worse than what we’ve seen on offense the last 2 weeks, minus garbage time in the Jets game. 

1 hour ago, KGun12TD said:

Another insightful post on TBD....UGh!!!

....so the kid is ALREADY in the "outhouse" because he performed well in the repugnant "garbage time"........and you're actually in a "TBD induced state of shock"?....seriously......now go back and find the theads/posts where it was deemed "unfair" to extrapolate out TT's "garbage time" stats from his overall stats (substantially diminished) because the "game is 60 minutes regardless".....no selectivity around here (COUGH).............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so the kid is ALREADY in the "outhouse" because he performed well in the repugnant "garbage time"........and you're actually in a "TBD induced state of shock"?....seriously......now go back and find the theads/posts where it was deemed "unfair" to extrapolate out TT's "garbage time" stats from his overall stats (substantially diminished) because the "game is 60 minutes regardless".....no selectivity around here (COUGH).............

There's different levels of garbage time and who is on the field.  Benches are not cleared if it is a 14 point game with 4 minutes left.  44 points with 8 minutes left is garbage time......  

Again if TT was so inept that he couldn't make a read or audible at the line then you are right.  I just can't believe he made the same mistakes for 2.5 years with no growth.  I blamed the OC.....

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

Sometimes you just gotta roll the dice and shake the team up a little...........i'm all for it.

The team played like shite the past couple of weeks, no doubt about it, but let's see what Peterman can do against starters before we pass judgement on the kid.

this should fix it ! sit down the Captain with a winning record.

should be fun.

edit

i like both guys. rooting for the Team !

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am not writing out the names, but one excited poster showed Peterman completing a pass to Benjamin as the greatest example of reading a defense.

I decided to see who was on the field for NO...... 

21,25,26,50,57,91,92,93 are the #'s I could see.......

Checked their stats and seems almost everyone was a non-starter, special teams player......

Congrats our starters (and Peterman now is the starter) had a TD drive vs. their garbage time players.... 

so you're saying it didn't matter. you know what, it didn't matter to the coaching staff. I'm sure they were not looking at it in the same respect as a butt hurt fan but rather letting him go out there and make a play or two regardless if it was against starters or not.

he starts, you and some others may not like it but it is what it is.

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

There's different levels of garbage time and who is on the field.  Benches are not cleared if it is a 14 point game with 4 minutes left.  44 points with 8 minutes left is garbage time......  

Again if TT was so inept that he couldn't make a read or audible at the line then you are right.  I just can't believe he made the same mistakes for 2.5 years with no growth.  I blamed the OC.....

The guy thats replacing him(TT) has been in the same QB room this year and obviously he did learn something.

I think the kid will do alright he seems real hungry..