This is why Tyrod was benched

essential

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

John, 12 hours is stale?

i'll tell you what was stale, 2 and one half years being beaten over the head by the cult of Tyrod. that is the very definition of stale. you'll have to excuse a little vindication and by no means does 12 hours equate anywhere near 2 and one half years.

Relax dude...you guys grossly over exaggerate everything.  You over exaggerate this stupid Cult of Tyrod stuff, which was really just a couple of people where most people knew what he could and couldn't do.  You grossly over exaggerated how bad Tyrod had been while simoultaneously making excuses for one of the worst D's in the league.  And that was the issue...anti TT crowd would make insane proclamations forcing people to argue back which therefore you painted them as some sort of huge TT people, when really are they were just arguing against was some of the nonsense that was regularly spewed.

THE REALITY is that Tyrod isnt as bad as his staunches naysers piss and moan about.  He is also not a guy who can carry a bad team, put the team on his shoulders kind of player.  What Tyrod is and will likely always be, is a guy a team CAN win with when the D is solid or better and the run game is a strength.  Why...because he protects the ball, he furthers elevates an already strong run game by making the D account for his own threat of running, and he can make plays if the receivers can get open.  

He will get a chance to compete and probably start again somewhere in this league.  He is going to have to work for it, especially with his last start being that utterly miserable game at home against the Saints that quite frankly was probably the worst of his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I heard the segment today as well along with the benoit clip. It sums it up perfectly what we as bills fans have seen throughout the years. So many times was sammy or others open and never given a chance. Bottom line was Taylor wasnt the answer and now we can see if Peterman has potential or if we need to go all in for a qb early.

If Peterman doesnt show much it will equal losses which equals higher draft position . Its just tough for our fan base being this year the AFC is so bad and we are right in the thick of things. But long term i think this needed to be done. 

How about the blame being the OC's?  The players running open but is not the primary target (or secondary).  That is the problem with the Bills there are players open but that isn't the play call.

Saw it with Watkins over and over.  Single coverage or DB 10 yards off and the play was him as a decoy.

Sure TT is somewhat to blame but playcalling is the primary culprit.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Relax dude...you guys grossly over exaggerate everything.  You over exaggerate this stupid Cult of Tyrod stuff, which was really just a couple of people where most people knew what he could and couldn't do.  You grossly over exaggerated how bad Tyrod had been while simoultaneously making excuses for one of the worst D's in the league.  And that was the issue...anti TT crowd would make insane proclamations forcing people to argue back which therefore you painted them as some sort of huge TT people, when really are they were just arguing against was some of the nonsense that was regularly spewed.

THE REALITY is that Tyrod isnt as bad as his staunches naysers piss and moan about.  He is also not a guy who can carry a bad team, put the team on his shoulders kind of player.  What Tyrod is and will likely always be, is a guy a team CAN win with when the D is solid or better and the run game is a strength.  Why...because he protects the ball, he furthers elevates an already strong run game by making the D account for his own threat of running, and he can make plays if the receivers can get open.  

He will get a chance to compete and probably start again somewhere in this league.  He is going to have to work for it, especially with his last start being that utterly miserable game at home against the Saints that quite frankly was probably the worst of his career.

What he is is an amazing backup. Maybe the best backup in the league.  Someone who can get you a game or 2 while your starter is down. He'll never be a starter in the league. Ask the Ravens, they'll tell you.

Sickening that these bum reporters stoop to this level of racism!!! Im lost for words the pathetic attempts to make everything race related in this world lately

Who cares if hes white or black??? There are plenty of both races on this team it has absolutely nothing to do with whos playong and whos not!!! Whem will this crap ever end!!

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

lol. yeah, im the reason the cult of Tyrod berated me for having a different opinion. of that there is no doubt. but ya know what, mostly when i expressed my view point, it was expressed as just that, an opinion. beating me up, calling me a hater, saying i am dishonest (whatever the hell that means in regard to a stated opinion) and that I have an agenda all because i differ in what i see on the field? sorry, nah, i'm not taking the blame for the way the cult of Tyrod acted.

your post spells that you are a vociferous Tyrod backer yourself, you are still defending him. do yourself a favor and go read the OP to the, 'Why Tyrod was Benched' thread. you might come to understand what many of us have seen in Tyrod for the last 2 and one half years. do you remember the scouting report on Tyrod when he came out of college 7 years ago? i hate to break it to you, but it is as accurate today as it was then. 

Tyrod is not a quarterback and he never will be. i wish he were, i wish he would have been the one to take us where we want to go. unfortunately the reality is that he isn't and that he won't.

Edited by Foxx

14 minutes ago, pepsicat17 said:

That's the one place Coach kinda got turned around a bit and I'm surprised the media in the room didn't pounce on it (well not really I guess).  Since day one the entire front office and coaches, etc have been proclaiming were all in this together and such.  To think that he benched his starting QB without consulting his OC is ridiculous - of course the OC had input in the decision.  I'd be more concerned if he didn't but it is pretty obvious he did.  We need to know going into the draft next year if NP is starter material or back-up as it has been decided that TT is not gonna work out.

Yeah, I try not to read too much into these things, but that statement didn't make a lot of sense.  McDermott was also different in the interview today.  Maybe it's just because he doesn't like where the team is at and the two big losses in a row, but I don't know.  The answers were more clipped and he didn't seem like the same guy.

Not sure it really matters in the end.  I think at some level the decision was made that Tyrod wasn't going to get his signing bonus next year and it was time to move on.  While I don't think Peterman gives the best chance to win right now, I can still get behind that decision.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Really appreciate the OP posting this. I've been saying for a long time that TT doesn't have what it takes to play at the pro level. His legs have literally carried him this far, but the limitations in his passing game (not seeing receivers, unwillingness to throw in tight windows, below average accuracy) has brought us to this point. I've liked what I've seen from Peterman in the pre-season and the Saints game. Let's go!!

1 hour ago, essential said:

I listen to national sports talk all day at work.  When talking about Tyrod, most on-air personalities throw out all the stats that are favorable to Tyrod (low interceptions, QBR, etc).  A lot of people don’t think those stats give a true representation.

Today, most of the national media seemed to think the benching was a mistake, again citing all the stats that many don’t feel tell the full picture.  Rodak seemed to get it, but he, like us, watch all the games, and the national media doesn’t.  Anyway, during the Russillo show today they were talking about the Tyrod benching and played an audio clip from MMQB's Andy Benoit (originally on the 9/26/2017 show, when we were 2-1 and had just beaten a Broncos team that we weren’t expected to beat).  I think these quotes sum up why Tyrod was benched.

Andy Benoit:

“There will never be a stat to capture throws that should be attempted that are not attempted, and when you put on the all 22 coaches film and you see how these plays are drawn up, every game more than any other QB in the league, Tyrod Taylor’s leaving guys open on the field un-attempted.  He’s not processing, he’s not seeing, he’s not a full field progression reader, and he’s also not an anticipation thrower, that’s a bad mix, you have to really simplify the offense and build around him.  Now, they put Taylor on the move a lot which slices the field in half, now he’s only reading half the field, that’s a very specific way to play though, and the more specific you are the easier you become to game plan against.  So my guess is they’re ganna keep their eyes very much open for a quarterback, not this season, but heading into the offseason and moving forward.”

Then as a follow up on the Benoit clip, Todd McShay said:

“And I can tell you one thing, nothing will drive an offensive staff crazier than seeing something that they drew up, an opportunity for big play, and your quarterback didn’t take advantage of it, and I think that’s part of what’s going on here, and exactly what he’s saying is that, they’re getting guys open, they’re scheming the right way, they’re doing things, and he’s not seeing it, and that drives you nuts, because it makes you look bad as a coordinator, and ultimately as a head coach.”

And then Will Cain chimed in with this:

“That doesn’t show up in the numbers, it won’t even show up on a casual viewing on a Sunday, you’ll only know that when you know the game plan and what’s supposed to be happening on each individual play.”

I transcribed this myself so I might have missed a word or two here or there.  The information for the podcast is below, the entire segment is worth a listen.

If you want to hear the entire discussion it’s hour one of today’s show (11/15/2017):

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/3028618

Direct mp3 link:

http://play.podtrac.com/espn-theryenrussilloshow/c.espnradio.com/audio/3425347/russillo_2017-11-15-141847.64k.mp3

Andy Benoit quote: 15:22-16:24

Full segment on Tyrod: 10:52-18:54

I think you (they) are 100% correct as to the reason.

REALLY like TT as a Bill, but those concerning traits cannot be denied, and while he has truly developed some this season, it's just not enough.

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Relax dude...you guys grossly over exaggerate everything.  You over exaggerate this stupid Cult of Tyrod stuff, which was really just a couple of people where most people knew what he could and couldn't do.

This cuts both ways

I have been called a hater

I have an agenda 

I am not being honest aka A liar

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

using the race card is weak.

Damn straight 

Tyrod was benched because he shouldn’t have been here in the first place! !@#$ Rex Ryan with 34” 36oz. Louisville Slugger!!

seriously, if Whaley has any acumen as a GM, he would have learned from the EJ fiasco and brought somebody into the front office with knowledge of Good quarterbacks and either drafted one or traded draft picks to pry one away from somewhere.

Instead, we were left with EJ and Whaley and Rex bringing in a QB with obvious flaws. If Tyrod was so wonderful, why didn’t anyone want him(including the Ravens) the first time he was available? Then, he’s a free agent(more or less) again and still nobody grabbed him.

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is all 100% accurate as well.

Between you and the OP, mic drop.....

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Taylor_Peterman4.jpg.8328d7e1a5339a2cadc0fea3f937554f.jpg

Taylor_Peterman.jpg.d8e2b3678ce0e66be9307a0705224e43.jpg

Lol Brady has nearly twice as many Tds 19, and Rodgers has a third more  Tds 13 with 3 and 3/4 less games.  i think Taylor has had a bumpier road than most during his time at QB but he has regressed as a passer this year and his confidence looked to be gone last week.