Boldest move since benching Flutie

row_33

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I think both moves were best for the franchise, surprised they did this current one though.

Well we all know how that turned out.  If they hadn't benched Flutie I have no doubt we could have lost our 5th Super Bowl.  Rams would have put an epic beat down on us.

10 minutes ago, simool said:

Well we all know how that turned out.  If they hadn't benched Flutie I have no doubt we could have lost our 5th Super Bowl.  Rams would have put an epic beat down on us.

there was zero point zero chance the BIlls were going to the super bowl that year

you honestly haven't spent 3 seconds dreaming about that, right?

we might have you committed....

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

there was zero point zero chance the BIlls were going to the super bowl that year

you honestly haven't spent 3 seconds dreaming about that, right?

we might have you committed....

Who was going to stop us after we beat the Titans?

1 minute ago, KGun12TD said:

Great Move.

TT Season: 9 games played: 163/254, 64% Completed for 1684 yards with 10TDs, 3 Ints.

This is NOT an NFL Starting caliber QB!!!

it's about being able to run a pro style offense, reading defenses, making quick decisions, and getting the ball to the receivers.  Tyrod proved he couldn't do that consistently.  what those stats don't show is Tyrod hanging on to the ball for 5 seconds and then tucking and scrambling for absolutely no reason other than he can't read the defense and deliver the ball on time

34 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I still forsee a loss, but now not a blowout.

And I forsee an offense that moves the ball for a change.

I hope that's sarcasm.

It was. I know you’ve wanted a change for awhile.  I did too but I question the timing and how much inch we are buying into a 5th round rookie scoring tds against 3rd stringers and guys out of the nfl. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It was. I know you’ve wanted a change for awhile.  I did too but I question the timing and how much inch we are buying into a 5th round rookie scoring tds against 3rd stringers and guys out of the nfl. 

I'm just happy to see someone who's not afraid to throw the ball.

BTW, I was pro-manuel to the end. I've never been pro-taylor.

Because Rob Johnson's performance vs. the Titans was so good?  People forget he was embarrassingly bad that game.

They started the year in tank mode, then made a trade to shore the offense and now in a must win game bench their qb based on one drive in garbage time.

This coaching staff & management is a joke.....

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because Rob Johnson's performance vs. the Titans was so good?  People forget he was embarrassingly bad that game.

They started the year in tank mode, then made a trade to shore the offense and now in a must win game bench their qb based on one drive in garbage time.

This coaching staff & management is a joke.....

Cool, so you'll be checking out now?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

As I’ve been walking around smiling, I was thinking that I haven’t been this happy about a QB since Johnson got the start over Flutie.

Well that pretty much says it all......  Johnson singlehandedly screwed them vs. the Titans........  Please no "The Bills were leading when he left the field"......  He was putrid that game...... 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well that pretty much says it all......  Johnson singlehandedly screwed them vs. the Titans........  Please no "The Bills were leading when he left the field"......  He was putrid that game...... 

and Flutie was just as bad down the stretch, I think we score more than 20 points maybe once during the last 5 games? Then exploded for 30 plus over a Colts team with RJ as the starter that Flutie couldn't beat in Week 1.

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

and Flutie was just as bad down the stretch, I think we score more than 20 points maybe once during the last 5 games? Then exploded for 30 plus over a Colts team with RJ as the starter that Flutie couldn't beat in Week 1.

Nice selective memory.  Flutie lost the first game of the year IN Indy. The entire team looked lethargic and Manning was lights out.  In contrast Robbie won in Buffalo, last game of the season, team was a well oiled machine, and Manning's shoulder was torched.  He played but was hardly 100%.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1999.htm

And Flutie bad down the stretch? WTF I could give two craps about his numbers, the W's were there.  He earned the playoff start.  Rob Johnson was and still is a punk.

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

As I’ve been walking around smiling, I was thinking that I haven’t been this happy about a QB since Johnson got the start over Flutie.

wow really??  You wont find many people at all who wished Rob Johnson onto the field....well at least the fans who were around back then to watch the games.....

24 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Thank You!!!

Flutie sucked!!!!

11 minutes ago, simool said:

Nice selective memory.  Flutie lost the first game of the year IN Indy. The entire team looked lethargic and Manning was lights out.  In contrast Robbie won in Buffalo, last game of the season, team was a well oiled machine, and Manning's shoulder was torched.  He played but was hardly 100%.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1999.htm

And Flutie bad down the stretch? WTF I could give two craps about his numbers, the W's were there.  He earned the playoff start.  Rob Johnson was and still is a punk.

Flutie Loses that game OUTRIGHT!!!

He doesn’t need the screw job by the officials.

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

Well according to what he did that season, the facts say he was a winner.  According to what surfer boy did that season, the facts say he was a wannabe. In fact, Rob Johnson never did ANYTHING.  EVER.  You are obviously hooked on the Rob juice.

1 hour ago, simool said:

Lucky then that we missed that ... and have been missing all those playoff beat downs since then, too.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

And it should not have come down to a screw job by the officials, Rob was crap that game.  My left testicle could have played better than him.

1 minute ago, simool said:

And it should not have come down to a screw job by the officials, Rob was crap that game.  My left testicle could have played better than him.

Selective memory is selective.

Flutie was ABYSMAL down the stretch. Not average. Not bad. ABYSMAL.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Selective memory is selective.

Flutie was ABYSMAL down the stretch. Not average. Not bad. ABYSMAL.

Well he got the W's did'nt he?  That fact seems to escape you.

giphy.gif