Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McD on the hot seat is such a funny take.  You know why it was said as well as I.  

Because I want to make the playoffs this season. Whoever is at QB or any other position. It was nice with the five wins if only this bunch didn't post much then. Shady, xRushX Crusher and his new name now, the Major and a couple of others. The rest of us root for whoever plays Sunday and not for losses so their agenda can be fulfilled.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

what happens when he plays like a 5th round rookie? which history says will probably happen.... would that be considered trying to get better at the position? 

Yes. If he plays that poorly we will have a higher draft pick to take a QB. We will also know we need to take one. One way or another we’re getting an answer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Obviously, he needs to recognize the personnel available to him and adjust but in Dennison's defense, what team doesn't have an actual backup running back? And with how often Shady gets "knicked up?" Pretty ridiculous.

We had banyard and let go of J Will cuz he didnt play special teams. There is no excuse dennison can trot out for keeping tolbert as a RB2. None. Its a firable offense off the bat.

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I cant blame Tyrods OC#3 because of the fact he couldn't make it happen for a full season before. Re-watching games he always left things on the table. Tyrod is the one that kept checking down refusing to throw in open positions. The last game even Romo called it out. 

The running game is why our offense clicked, Tyrod didnt get one 300 game something he should have hit at least once in 2+ seasons with such a great running game. Teams dared him to be a QB and failed bad at it.

I embrace the change it should have been made when Rex was fired.

Tyrod was part of the running games success but it was also the play calling and scheme. Thats why our run game sucks balls this year cuz our OC sucks and his OL coach/Run game coordinator is garbage and tyrod wasnt good enuff to pickup the slack. Period. We have only run like 3 option plays in 9 games this season. We scored more tds on option plays alone last year than we did in the 2nd jets game.

When you run the ball well you dont need to pass as much. This is common sense dude. Smh...

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yes. If he plays that poorly we will have a higher draft pick to take a QB. We will also know we need to take one. One way or another we’re getting an answer.

And if that does happen, we wasted a solid opportunity to make the sixth seed in a very weak year in the AFC.  That's the only problem I have with the whole thing.

Just now, JM2009 said:

And if that does happen, we wasted a solid opportunity to make the sixth seed in a very weak year in the AFC.  That's the only problem I have with the whole thing.

From the fan’s perspective we just want the drought to end. McDermott is pushing for much more than just a fluke playoff one-and-done year and it’s hard to fault him for that.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Pretty much. Lookin forward to how this team looks with a qb more suited to the offense. This really shows dennison cant scheme to his players strengths tho. If Lynn could do it last year in his 1st OC job and Dennison cant do it in his what 5th OC job? Thats not a good sign either.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. becuz that's what he does every week. i'm not even a big tyrod guy, man. but this hype for a 5th rounder amidst a playoff run in a weak AFC is ridiculous. 

what happens when he plays like a 5th round rookie? which history says will probably happen.... would that be considered trying to get better at the position? 

It's a fresh start, I expect growing pains of a new rookie, I also expect McD will be looking hard at our OC and evaluate him at seasons end the same with Peterman.

To move on from the last staffs QB and drafting QBs to try to find a franchise worthy QB is what I was pointing to as trying to get better at the position, I love McD now for the move.

As for the hype I think fans are just sick of the Tyrod excuses and watching him play Trenative protecting his stat line not worrying about pushing for the win something Peterman pointed out he won't be doing, Peterman is all about the win and will fight to get the win. I don't understand how you could not be excited for the kid unless you would rather have Tyrods 50 yard days.

Tyrod is known here for a protector of the ball but is punt after punt  turnovers? 

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

It's a fresh start, I expect growing pains of a new rookie, I also expect McD will be looking hard at our OC and evaluate him at seasons end the same with Peterman.

To move on from the last staffs QB and drafting QBs to try to find a franchise worthy QB is what I was pointing to as trying to get better at the position, I love McD now for the move.

As for the hype I think fans are just sick of the Tyrod excuses and watching him play Trenative protecting his stat line not worrying about pushing for the win something Peterman pointed out he won't be doing, Peterman is all about the win and will fight to get the win. I don't understand how you could not be excited for the kid unless you would rather have Tyrods 50 yard days.

Tyrod is known here for a protector of the ball but is punt after punt  turnovers? 

lololol. dude you are honestly the worst..... again. becuz tyrod does that every week right? becuz he didn't have a real nice start to his season as whole when they were 5-2...

you're just the worst sort of guy around here. I've said numerous times i'm ready to move on from tyrod. ready to draft the next in line. but i'm not ready to put the playoff push in the hands of a rookie 5th rounder when the starter had shown more good than he had bad this year... I hope he pans out. unlike you will acknowledge the GOOD and the bad with him as a qb. something you cant grasp when it comes to taylor. I don't care who's starting as long as they win.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Thad Brown @thadbrown7
FollowingFollowing @thadbrown7
More

History says the Nate Peterman Era is not likely to last long. There hasn't been a QB drafted in the 5th round that started 50 NFL games since Mark Brunell in 1993. 6th rd, 7th rd? Yes. 5th rd? No. Or a 5th rounder is due. #Bills

Just now, JM2009 said:
Thad Brown @thadbrown7
FollowingFollowing @thadbrown7
More

History says the Nate Peterman Era is not likely to last long. There hasn't been a QB drafted in the 5th round that started 50 NFL games since Mark Brunell in 1993. 6th rd, 7th rd? Yes. 5th rd? No. Or a 5th rounder is due. #Bills

I sure hope it's due to happen. Starting 5-2 to no playoffs this year would be terrible.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

then don't blow smoke about trying to win now. 

They are trying to win now while also building for the future. They’ve said it again and again and every decision they’ve made makes sense in that context. If the 5th round rookie isn’t running the offense better, oh well, they get to take their franchise QB next spring. If that guy sucks then they’re on the hot seat in a couple years. It’s as simple as that.

They might genuinely believe Peterman’s traits give this offense a better chance moving forward. Let’s see what happens.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

They are trying to win now while also building for the future. They’ve said it again and again and every decision they’ve made makes sense in that context. If the 5th round rookie isn’t running the offense better, oh well, they get to take their franchise QB next spring. If that guy sucks then they’re on the hot seat in a couple years. It’s as simple as that.

They might genuinely believe Peterman’s traits give this offense a better chance moving forward. Let’s see what happens.

how is that caring about the now? that's literally the opposite. thanks for the confirmation.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

how is that caring about the now? that's literally the opposite. thanks for the confirmation.

You’re not listening to what they’re doing. They are trying to win now. They are also trying to build for the future. If Peterman works out, win now. If he doesn’t, build for the future. They are being extremely methodical about this. That’s the process. Do you really want to be the Dolphins of 2016, sneak into the playoffs in a fluke year and go nowhere? I would be happy the drought was over but I’m glad we have a coach and GM that are levelheaded enough to push for more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so i'm assuming the people on this page apparently think the 5th round rookie is apparently gonna come in a light it up in the midst of what should still be a playoff push?

what happens if he just plays like a 5th round rookie? is everyone still praising this regimen then..... becuz that's honestly whats probably gonna happen. I pray to god the kid lights it up but you guys on this specific page are cracking me up.....

I mean.... one guy saying he's sold off all his tickets becuz we benched our starter in the midst of a playoff push for a 5th rounder rookie. good lord. i don't know what all those people are taking but I want some!!!! ....in fact I would venture to say with the way the Oline has been playing and the way the defense has caved, this is exactly the scenario you don't want your young qb in. that's the recipe for ruining a player.

Tell yourself that the Bills used one of their third round picks.....hell, make it a second rounder....to pick Peterman.

Now you feel much better!

12 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

We had banyard and let go of J Will cuz he didnt play special teams. There is no excuse dennison can trot out for keeping tolbert as a RB2. None. Its a firable offense off the bat.

Dennison doesn't make personnel decisions bud. But anyways.

Just now, HappyDays said:

You’re not listening to what they’re doing. They are trying to win now. They are also trying to build for the future. If Peterman works out, win now. If he doesn’t, build for the future. They are being extremely methodical about this. That’s the process. Do you really want to be the Dolphins of 2016, sneak into the playoffs in a fluke year and go nowhere? I would be happy the drought was over but I’m glad we have a coach and GM that are levelheaded enough to push for more than that.

no. i'd like to sneak in and still have the ammo to go get the future. which is a realistic scenario with taylor. does anyone really think the rookie is gonna get it done. i'm blown away at the hype on this board. I think it speaks volumes. history says its not gonna work. hopefully i'm wrong and we found a gem. 

Just now, Chuck Schick said:

Tell yourself that the Bills used one of their third round picks.....hell, make it a second rounder....to pick Peterman.

Now you feel much better!

but they didn't..... becuz he could be had in the 5th. and I still wouldn't feel very good about a rookie 2nd or 3rd rounder midseason btw

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

lololol. dude you are honestly the worst..... again. becuz tyrod does that every week right? becuz he didn't have a real nice start to his season as whole when they were 5-2...

you're just the worst sort of guy around here. I've said numerous times i'm ready to move on from tyrod. ready to draft the next in line. but i'm not ready to put the playoff push in the hands of a rookie 5th rounder when the starter had shown more good than he had bad this year... I hope he pans out. unlike you will acknowledge the GOOD and the bad with him as a qb. something you cant grasp when it comes to taylor. I don't care who's starting as long as they win.

The worst? Wow thanks man, you sound just like JM, mean people suck.

Welcome to the NFL, what have you done for me lately. 50 yard day, he deserves to be on the bench.

Edited by xRUSHx

no. i'd like to sneak in and still have the ammo to go get the future. which is a realistic scenario with taylor. does anyone really think the rookie is gonna get it done. i'm blown away at the hype on this board. I think it speaks volumes. history says its not gonna work. hopefully i'm wrong and we found a gem. 

I think the general consensus among fans who are happy about this is, "it cannot possibly be any worse than TT has been playing recently"....and those are happy about the move like the possibility of actually seeing a WCO offense as Dennison has been trying/envisioned us to be running (bc Peterman CAN run that type of offense)

I personally expect to see decent QB play, and some rookie mistakes...

• Like (+1) 1

I don't ride taylors jock like JM.... that's what you don't seem to get. you think if somebody doesn't want Peterman that they must LOVE taylor. that's not the case.

Your calling me the worse man, why because I posted my opinion and it's not throwing rose peddles at Tyrods feet?

I understand you do not like I give Tyrod little credit but IMO he is a big part of the problem, in fact the biggest considering he is in the driver in this QB driven league IMO.

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Your calling me the worse man, why because I posted my opinion and it's not throwing rose peddles at Tyrods feet?

I understand you do not like I give Tyrod little credit but IMO he is a big part of the problem, in fact the biggest considering he is in the driver in this QB driven league IMO.

he's won more than he's lost. and I claimed you're the worst becuz you do things like use horribly small sample sizes, like just one game, for the foundation of your argument and then say anyone that wants to see taylor keep starting must like 50 yd days. as if that's how he's played all year...... that's really foolish and just.... the worst.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so i'm assuming the people on this page apparently think the 5th round rookie is apparently gonna come in a light it up in the midst of what should still be a playoff push?

what happens if he just plays like a 5th round rookie? is everyone still praising this regimen then..... becuz that's honestly whats probably gonna happen. I pray to god the kid lights it up but you guys on this specific page are cracking me up.....

I mean.... one guy saying he's sold off all his tickets becuz we benched our starter in the midst of a playoff push for a 5th rounder rookie. good lord. i don't know what all those people are taking but I want some!!!! ....in fact I would venture to say with the way the Oline has been playing and the way the defense has caved, this is exactly the scenario you don't want your young qb in. that's the recipe for ruining a player.

I don't believe (or at least hope not) that the people who are excited for the QB change (myself included) are thinking that Nate is going to step in and "light it up".

We're excited to have a head coach who isn't stubborn and is willing to make any and every change possible to put together a solid team and not pay attention to outsiders saying that a QB change with a winning record doesn't make sense.

We have a coach who knows in his heart that we shouldn't even BE 5 and 4. 

As far as Nate goes, McCoy said it best. Nobody knows what Nate will do. He might throw 4 touchdowns or he might throw 4 picks. Nobody knows. But what WE as fans know is, he will at LEAST throw the ball and he will have more than 56 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

he's won more than he's lost. and I claimed you're the worst becuz you do things like use horribly small sample sizes, like just one game, for the foundation of your argument and then say anyone that wants to see taylor keep starting must like 50 yd days. as if that's how he's played all year...... that's really foolish and just.... the worst.

The problem I have is that I think TT could have beat Miami and the Colts, and probably the Chargers which very likely would have got the sixth spot this year. I hope Peterman can do it, but if we end up at 7-9 and a team like Baltimore gets in at 8-8,that's a problem to me.

Just now, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I don't believe (or at least hope not) that the people who are excited for the QB change (myself included) are thinking that Nate is going to step in and "light it up".

We're excited to have a head coach who isn't stubborn and is willing to make any and every change possible to put together a solid team and not pay attention to outsiders saying that a QB change with a winning record doesn't make sense.

We have a coach who knows in his heart that we shouldn't even BE 5 and 4. 

As far as Nate goes, McCoy said it best. Nobody knows what Nate will do. He might throw 4 touchdowns or he might throw 4 picks. Nobody knows. But what WE as fans know is, he will at LEAST throw the ball and he will have more than 56 yards.

lol but we are and the sixth seed is very much a possibility.

42 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. becuz that's what he does every week. i'm not even a big tyrod guy, man. but this hype for a 5th rounder amidst a playoff run in a weak AFC is ridiculous. 

What round was Tyrod drafted ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Haha, fair enough man. 

IMO they won in spite of him not because of. IMO a QB playing as Trenative as Tyrod would have also got the same amount of wins this season he has because the rest of the team carried him. 

We agree to disagree, one thing for sure we both want the Bills to win. It's a fresh start go Bills get excited man

I'm very curious to see if our receivers can get more yards after the catch with Peterman. 

The Bills were ranked dead last - #32 - in YAC in both 2015 and 2016. 

I wondered how much was on Tyrod's ball placement and waiting for a receiver to come open (which can allows a DB to jump the route and in turn not allow for YAC) but I was always quick to point out Greg Roman's offenses had usually been near the bottom of the NFL in YAC. So I was reluctant to put the blame on TT and was always quick to point out Roman's historic lack of YAC in his offense. 

Now the Bills are once again ranked the bottom of the NFL in yards after the catch (29th).

I guess this year you could put the blame on the receiving corps (although Jordan Matthews has been ranked pretty high in YAC (20-ish) in 2 of his 3&1/2 seasons. Lesean McCoy is also known for YAC and is usually ranked pretty high and Clay was pretty decent with YAC in Miami). But you have to start wondering how much blame TT deserves for it, with the Bills being on their 3rd OC with the same results... and Dennison's offenses have done ok with YAC in the past. His offenses have been ranked as high as #4 in YAC (which was not the case with Roman). 

I'm definitely curious to see if Peterman being able to throw the ball before a receiver breaks his route will have a positive impact on our receivers YAC. That has been something our offenses have been desperately missing. 

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

did he start as a rookie????????????????????? thanks. good talk.

That was Crusher, by the way.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, fair enough man. 

IMO they won in spite of him not because of. IMO a QB playing as Trenative as Tyrod would have also got the same amount of wins this season he has because the rest of the team carried him. 

We agree to disagree, one thing for sure we both want the Bills to win. It's a fresh start go Bills get excited man

This is ridiculous. It really is. The defense was the main problem the last two seasons. Your group did not want the Bills to win when TT played. It was so obvious. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'm very curious to see if our receivers can get more yards after the catch with Peterman. 

The Bills were ranked dead last - #32 - in YAC in both 2015 and 2016. 

I wondered how much was on Tyrod's ball placement and waiting for a receiver to come open (which can allows a DB to jump the route and in turn not allow for YAC) but I was always quick to point out Greg Roman's offenses had usually been near the bottom of the NFL in YAC. So I was reluctant to put the blame on TT and was always quick to point out Roman's historic lack of YAC in his offense. 

Now the Bills are once again ranked the bottom of the NFL in yards after the catch (29th).

I guess this year you could put the blame on the receiving corps (although Jordan Matthews has been ranked pretty high in YAC (20-ish) in 2 of his 3&1/2 seasons. Lesean McCoy is also known for YAC and is usually ranked pretty high and Clay was pretty decent with YAC in Miami). But you have to start wondering how much blame TT deserves for it, with the Bills being on their 3rd OC with the same results... and Dennison's offenses have done ok with YAC in the past. His offenses have been ranked as high as #4 in YAC (which was not the case with Roman). 

I'm definitely curious to see if Peterman being able to throw the ball before a receiver breaks his route will have a positive impact on our receivers YAC. That has been something our offenses have been desperately missing. 

I want to see what he can do. I just don't want to lose a great opportunity for the sixth seed this year. But maybe Peterman plays really well. It's the old crusaders that ruin the whole thing.

I don't understand why fans are divided as if they're competing to say "I told you so" first.

Don't we all know that Tyrod doesn't release the ball on time on this Dennison "time based" offense?

Don't we all know that our wide receivers never get picked in fantasy football because everybody knows Tyrod only throws to running backs and Tight Ends?

Aren't we all sick of how unproductive the passing game is?

Can't we read between the lines when opposing teams say things like "we forced him to be a QB" when talking about Tyrod?

Nate may succeed maybe he won't. But a change needed to be made. Just wish the kid success and stop with the negativity man.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, fair enough man. 

taylor had really solid games and really nice throws during our start. hands down. I have no clue what you were watching.  you say the team won in spite of him becuz your mind was already made up. that's been obvious. 

i'm always excited to see a new young player for the bills. i'll be sitting there rooting for him and my heart rate will be jacked up like it is every other game. but I don't believe for one second that the move gives them a better shot at winning now.

3 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I don't understand why fans are divided as if they're competing to say "I told you so" first.

Don't we all know that Tyrod doesn't release the ball on time on this Dennison "time based" offense?

Don't we all know that our wide receivers never get picked in fantasy football because everybody knows Tyrod only throws to running backs and Tight Ends?

Aren't we all sick of how unproductive the passing game is?

Can't we read between the lines when opposing teams say things like "we forced him to be a QB" when talking about Tyrod?

Nate may succeed maybe he won't. But a change needed to be made. Just wish the kid success and stop with the negativity man.

Excellent post

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

taylor had really solid games and really nice throws during our start. hands down. I have no clue what you were watching.  you say the team won in spite of him becuz your mind was already made up. that's been obvious. 

i'm always excited to see a new young player for the bills. i'll be sitting there rooting for him and my heart rate will be jacked up like it is every other game. but I don't believe for one second that the move gives them a better shot at winning now.

Again you think Tyrod is good enough, while I don't.  Two different opinions.

I think this move at QB is a good one, you don't again different opinions.

We both will be sitting watching and wishing for better, the same opinion, go Bills