Every Nate Peterman throw from the Saints game

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think it was a slight deflection by the DB.  

BTW, Author's conclusion: Do I believe he should be the starter? No, not yet, but his fourth quarter performance against the Saints really gave you a glimpse into what he can do.

Yeah, it was the endzone throw where DT was getting interfered with and should have drawn a DPI.  As for not starting yet, he can definitely start now.  Get him all the real game action you can.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

One was the drop by KB, right?

No, one was the incompletion to O’Leary which Erik blames on O’Leary for not recognizing the blitz and getting his body around faster for a quick pass. The 2nd was the deep end zone throw to Thompson where the ball placement and decision were pretty close to perfect, Thompson just couldn’t get any separation. Peterman can beat teams on the blitz because of his quick recognition. Only someone with an agenda would say those 2 incompletions prove anything.

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"On the two occasions where they blitzed him and had guys up and around the line of scrimmage, a blue print laid down by the Jets, Peterman threw two incompletions. "

Those 'two incompletions' were both thrown pretty much exactly where they needed to be. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think it was a slight deflection by the DB.  

BTW, Author's conclusion: Do I believe he should be the starter? No, not yet, but his fourth quarter performance against the Saints really gave you a glimpse into what he can do.

That's a part of the author's conclusion.

"With the offense in a funk the last two games, the losses piling up and playoff chances diminishing by the week, seeing Peterman play that well with most of the offensive starters still in, really showed me that the gap between he and Taylor may be diminishing."

I know the key words in the last paragraph are "may be," but his conclusion was more than just a plain no. The author added that gap qualifier at the end of his story.

And hence 13 pages on NP vs TT.

Unless Tyrod balls out vs LAC i think you have to go to Peterman.  The plan and the process is to make the playoffs and build for the future.  If the player is not able to determine cover 2 and tampa 2 and know the correct throw who would be upset with it.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Those 'two incompletions' were both thrown pretty much exactly where they needed to be. 

They were the right idea, but exactly where they needed to be would have resulted in completions.  The ball to Thompson was overthrown and the pass to O"Leary was off target (or they weren't on the same page). 

6 minutes ago, nkreed said:

That's a part of the author's conclusion.

"With the offense in a funk the last two games, the losses piling up and playoff chances diminishing by the week, seeing Peterman play that well with most of the offensive starters still in, really showed me that the gap between he and Taylor may be diminishing."

I know the key words in the last paragraph are "may be," but his conclusion was more than just a plain no. The author added that gap qualifier at the end of his story.

And hence 13 pages on NP vs TT.

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

“I believe in Tyrod.  Tyrod’s our starter,” McDermott reiterated to reporters once again.

McDermott acknowledged that he understands why some fans would be calling for Taylor’s benching and for the team to play rookie Nathan Peterman, but added “I know what Tyrod’s done and I also know what Nate’s done, and Tyrod’s our starter.”

Peterman did enter the game late in the fourth quarter with the Bills trailing 40-3.  He completed 7-of-10 passes for 79 yards, including his first career TD pass in the NFL, a 7-yard toss to tight end Nick O’Leary. 

“Nathan’s a good player,” McDermott said.  “I like what he did yesterday.  I think he did some good things in the game.  I know where they’re coming from, from a fans’ standpoint.”

Which matters not one bit with regard to what actually happens.  Status quo......for now.

Starting Peterman on the road against the Chargers' pass rush probably isn't the best idea, and Arrowhead is even worse. Matching up a rookie with zero starts against Belichick would be cruel and unusual punishment. If things keep trending downward, the logical game would be the Dec 10 home game against the Colts.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Which matters not one bit with regard to what actually happens.  Status quo......for now.

I agree with these statements (probably because they are factsB-)).

Your McD bolded statement about fans is how this thread comes about though. Peterman showed some good things.

31 minutes ago, QCity said:

Starting Peterman on the road against the Chargers' pass rush probably isn't the best idea, and Arrowhead is even worse. Matching up a rookie with zero starts against Belichick would be cruel and unusual punishment. If things keep trending downward, the logical game would be the Dec 10 home game against the Colts.

Playing Taylor may not be any better.  Are they going to be able to stop the run or move the ball?  It not that people think Peterman is the next best thing but Taylor has looked inept for the majorty of 2 weeks now.

He should have been put in much sooner, like at the start of the 4th qtr. McDermott had to know the defense wasn't going to stop NO anyway. Not sure how Taylor wound up playing so skittish after playing reasonably competent up until the Jets game. Oh yeah, we traded Dareus 

22 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman reads the field quickly and trusts what he sees. He trusts his arm and trusts his teammate to make the play.

Things an NFL quarterback needs to be successful.

Things that the current starting quarterback does not have. As a result, the current starting quarterback will never be successful in this league.

That's the crazy thing.  It's obvious to most of us that TT is not going to get any better.  Throw out his first year but the last two have shown no development,  more regression than anything.  Peterman shows so much upside.  He won't be any worse so why not make the change. Yet, the coaching staff has no balls to pull the trigger.  Its maddening.

My god. Enough with the Peterman hate.  When he plays and stinks it up then you can complain.

A better thread title: Every Nate Peterman Throw from the Saints' Game in Garbage Time against Backups who wanted the Clock to Run.  Hooray! Give him the job. :rolleyes:

Okay. :thumbsup:

Yeah. Sure it was. 

Peterman is the backup. Okay :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Don't understand the post but... Okay:thumbsup:

He's captain of the Anti-Peterman Brigade

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hurry! Call OBD to let them know what you've concluded.  Many of the starters were sitting down, including Lattimore. 

"On the two occasions where they blitzed him and had guys up and around the line of scrimmage, a blue print laid down by the Jets, Peterman threw two incompletions. "

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Okay.  :thumbsup:

#SP

8 minutes ago, Jukester said:

That's the crazy thing.  It's obvious to most of us that TT is not going to get any better.  Throw out his first year but the last two have shown no development,  more regression than anything.  Peterman shows so much upside.  He won't be any worse so why not make the change. Yet, the coaching staff has no balls to pull the trigger.  Its maddening.

As hard as I've been on Tyrod this season, I don't disagree with their decision to not pull him quite yet. He's a team captain, the team is still in a Wild Card position and he had one terrible game. If he has two more terrible games on the road these next two weeks, then I'll be calling for Peterman to start at home against the Patriots.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

No, one was the incompletion to O’Leary which Erik blames on O’Leary for not recognizing the blitz and getting his body around faster for a quick pass. The 2nd was the deep end zone throw to Thompson where the ball placement and decision were pretty close to perfect, Thompson just couldn’t get any separation. Peterman can beat teams on the blitz because of his quick recognition. Only someone with an agenda would say those 2 incompletions prove anything.

I think NP expected NO to continue across the field, hence throwing ahead of him.  But NO was late getting his head around to look for the ball and probably could have caught it if he'd looked sooner.  And again, on the pass to DT he was being interfered with.

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yep. 

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My god. Enough with the Peterman hate.  When he plays and stinks it up then you can complain.

He's captain of the Anti-Peterman Brigade

#SP

Aww. Someone's upset because I won't heap praise on the backup QB who led a TD drive in garbage time.  You should get over your pathetic preoccupation with what I post regarding Peterman.

GenuineForthrightIbex-max-14mb.gif

You're due for a change.