Don’t use “ Garbage time” excuse!

Buffalo Boy

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Correct.  

But some are arguing everything Nate did.  Prevent D or not we have to ask them  - How does that change the fact that Nate took 3 to 5 steps then released the ball with little or no hesitation?  

It doesn't change the facts.  He took what the D was giving him and looked competent in the process. 

Since the D isn't going to give him those looks all game every game, I think it would be a mistake to read into his performance any further.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It doesn't change the facts.  He took what the D was giving him and looked competent in the process. 

Since the D isn't going to give him those looks all game every game, I think it would be a mistake to read into his performance any further.

They weren't playing that far off, most of it looked like pretty standard alignments.

17 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I get that Saints won this game a few quarters before Peterman even entered the game but they were still playing.

His first couple passes were good. A first down on an out and a dump off over the middle for nine.

He muffed the third pass on what looked like a miscommunication with O’ Leary.

His fourth pass was a perfect, just missing the defender, hit his hands pass to K.Benj for a first.... which he dropped. KB does that from time to time.( Which is one reason I wasn’t excited about the pickup.)

Fourth down play he handles a low snap adeptly and gets the pitch out to the back who gets stuffed.

First drive/ 5 Plays/ 2 of 4 / 1 drop, 1 miss

Next drive

First pass / Dump off which would have netted 6 yards but results in a 15 yarder for Unnecessary Roughness. Because the Saints quit???

Second pass/ Beauty to K.Benj that hits him in stride. 21 yards. Draws accolades from announcer as best pass of the day BECAUSE it traveled more than 10(!?) yards through the air and was thrown after reading the field and finding the open man.

Third pass/ 12 yarder to K. Benj with DB on him as ball gets there. TT doesn’t take that chance.

Fourth pass/ Peterman recognizes man coverage on Thompson, looks off the safety to the left and slings it right, overthrowing him by 1 step. The Rookie reads the D Pre snap and knows to play off the safety with his eyes!!!

Fifth pass/ he gets it out over a D lineman’s hands and hits Matthews as the DB just stops and sits watching the backfield, allowing Matthews to get open. Pass hits Matthews at the 13 and allows him to get to the six because it’s not thrown too close to the sideline like a certain someone( who has great stats because he doesn’t take chances which forces  his receivers out after the catch) The ball is out before the receiver is finishing his break or has turned his head. Anticipation!!!!

Sixth pass/ Peterman stands in as left side of picket is collapsing behind him, allows O’Leary time to clear the LB and Safety on a slot route, rolls that way and hits O’ Leary the only place he could. TD. O’ Leary’s First TD.

The Saints were playing good D and these guys weren’t running free by any means. The most open was K.Benj on the 21 yarder when he got into a hole in the zone. A throw TT doesn’t  see or make. 

You want your TT. You can keep your TT.

This garbage about mailing it in or Garbage Time scoring is pathetic!!!

The only real QB on this team came in and showed why he is the guy who should be starting.

Does he win this game? Probably not. But, the Defense should actually get some rest and the score should most likely be less lopsided.

Remember back when Cassel, EJ and TT were fighting for the starting position and TT clearly caused the O to have a spark. I was an EJ guy but even I admitted they looked better under TT.

This is exactly the same. If you still have to  make excuses about the D sucking, or O line sucking, or play calling sucking, or Saints gifting it to us etc. please give it up.

Finally, I’m not calling Peterman, Montana or Brady but I am calling him competent. He was billed as the most NFL ready coming out of the draft for a reason. TT is NOT, nor EVER will be a competent starting QB in the NFL.

Yeah... because you say not to use garbage time excuse somehow renders this obvious fact untrue is "garbage"... Taylor sucked as did the defense, offensive line, etc., would have been accurate.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Every DB was playing 10-15 yards back of scrimmage.  Given the situation, Peterman's performance should be taken with a shaker of salt.

If Tyrod's play doesn't improve we will see Peterman in real game action soon enough.

d3410fa44ff142b30b34e7640149f435.jpg

18 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I get that Saints won this game a few quarters before Peterman even entered the game but they were still playing.

His first couple passes were good. A first down on an out and a dump off over the middle for nine.

He muffed the third pass on what looked like a miscommunication with O’ Leary.

His fourth pass was a perfect, just missing the defender, hit his hands pass to K.Benj for a first.... which he dropped. KB does that from time to time.( Which is one reason I wasn’t excited about the pickup.)

Fourth down play he handles a low snap adeptly and gets the pitch out to the back who gets stuffed.

First drive/ 5 Plays/ 2 of 4 / 1 drop, 1 miss

Next drive

First pass / Dump off which would have netted 6 yards but results in a 15 yarder for Unnecessary Roughness. Because the Saints quit???

Second pass/ Beauty to K.Benj that hits him in stride. 21 yards. Draws accolades from announcer as best pass of the day BECAUSE it traveled more than 10(!?) yards through the air and was thrown after reading the field and finding the open man.

Third pass/ 12 yarder to K. Benj with DB on him as ball gets there. TT doesn’t take that chance.

Fourth pass/ Peterman recognizes man coverage on Thompson, looks off the safety to the left and slings it right, overthrowing him by 1 step. The Rookie reads the D Pre snap and knows to play off the safety with his eyes!!!

Fifth pass/ he gets it out over a D lineman’s hands and hits Matthews as the DB just stops and sits watching the backfield, allowing Matthews to get open. Pass hits Matthews at the 13 and allows him to get to the six because it’s not thrown too close to the sideline like a certain someone( who has great stats because he doesn’t take chances which forces  his receivers out after the catch) The ball is out before the receiver is finishing his break or has turned his head. Anticipation!!!!

Sixth pass/ Peterman stands in as left side of picket is collapsing behind him, allows O’Leary time to clear the LB and Safety on a slot route, rolls that way and hits O’ Leary the only place he could. TD. O’ Leary’s First TD.

The Saints were playing good D and these guys weren’t running free by any means. The most open was K.Benj on the 21 yarder when he got into a hole in the zone. A throw TT doesn’t  see or make. 

You want your TT. You can keep your TT.

This garbage about mailing it in or Garbage Time scoring is pathetic!!!

The only real QB on this team came in and showed why he is the guy who should be starting.

Does he win this game? Probably not. But, the Defense should actually get some rest and the score should most likely be less lopsided.

Remember back when Cassel, EJ and TT were fighting for the starting position and TT clearly caused the O to have a spark. I was an EJ guy but even I admitted they looked better under TT.

This is exactly the same. If you still have to  make excuses about the D sucking, or O line sucking, or play calling sucking, or Saints gifting it to us etc. please give it up.

Finally, I’m not calling Peterman, Montana or Brady but I am calling him competent. He was billed as the most NFL ready coming out of the draft for a reason. TT is NOT, nor EVER will be a competent starting QB in the NFL.

Ah, how soon people forgot. Taylor had a garbage time performance for the ages only ten days previously. Don't read too much into these things. With a 47-3 lead, the primary motive of every defender on that field is not getting injured.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Every DB was playing 10-15 yards back of scrimmage.  Given the situation, Peterman's performance should be taken with a shaker of salt.

If Tyrod's play doesn't improve we will see Peterman in real game action soon enough.

They were playing press man coverage against TT???

Most of the fourth quarter was “ garbage time” . TT couldn’t get a first freaking down.

The announcers on my feed were imploring him to get the ball out repeatedly.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

They were playing press man coverage against TT???

Most of the fourth quarter was “ garbage time” . TT couldn’t get a first freaking down.

The announcers on my feed were imploring him to get the ball out repeatedly.

Did I f@#$ing say they were, straw boy?

If you and the rest of the genius squad want to anoint another long shot based on a Jordan Palmer-esque sample size just so you can tear him down later, then go ahead, but don't twist my words to further your agenda. 

You could say garbage time started after the first run only TD drive for NO.  So mid 3rd qrt to last 2 mins Taylor did nothing vs the same look he faced all game.  If a defense can run the same play in the same situation and you can not find the solution that falls directly on the Qb.  I think the 3rd or 4th third down checkdown they showed dennison sitting next to Taylor.  No words spoken almost for show and then got up and walked away fed up.  Shortly after Peterman entered.

Edited by Mat68

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Did I f@#$ing say they were, straw boy?

If you and the rest of the genius squad want to anoint another long shot based on a Jordan Palmer-esque sample size just so you can tear him down later, then go ahead, but don't twist my words to further your agenda. 

im·ply
imˈplī/
verb
  1. strongly suggest the truth or existence of (something not expressly stated).
    "the salesmen who uses jargon to imply his superior knowledge"
    synonyms:

insinuatesuggest, hint (at), intimate, say 

Hey Kiddies, Let’s use our new word in a sentence:

Jauronimo implied Peterman couldn’t be judged due to lack of strong coverage from the DBs.... just like TT had been facing.... and failing against miserably.

?

Does it matter what the rest of the team thinks?  If the QB switch is made with the playoffs still a mathematical possibility, does that send a message of panic?  Is TT popular among his teammates (I think he is)?   Will the players send a message one way or the other somehow?  Is there anyone with insider info?  

I think a QB switch at this point would likely hurt morale, but I don't have any reason to know anything.

I was impressed by Peterman and I would like to see him play more.  I immediately noticed his high release and it seemed like he was almost passing down toward his receivers on the short over the middle passes.  But I don't think he will play again until TT is injured, or if there are other garbage time situations, or if the team is mathematically eliminated and the last game becomes meaningless.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:
im·ply
imˈplī/
verb
  1. strongly suggest the truth or existence of (something not expressly stated).
    "the salesmen who uses jargon to imply his superior knowledge"
    synonyms:

insinuatesuggest, hint (at), intimate, say 

Hey Kiddies, Let’s use our new word in a sentence:

Jauronimo implied Peterman couldn’t be judged due to lack of strong coverage from the DBs.... just like TT had been facing.... and failing against miserably.

?

Add that to the list of concepts that escape you. I didn't even mention Taylor's name or reference his performance. 

Tyrod's miserable performance has no bearing on my opinion that you shouldn't attempt to extrapolate meaningful information about Peterman's play from a ridiculous sample set against a prevent defense.  Try again. 

22 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Does it matter what the rest of the team thinks?  If the QB switch is made with the playoffs still a mathematical possibility, does that send a message of panic?  Is TT popular among his teammates (I think he is)?   Will the players send a message one way or the other somehow?  Is there anyone with insider info?  

I think a QB switch at this point would likely hurt morale, but I don't have any reason to know anything.

I was impressed by Peterman and I would like to see him play more.  I immediately noticed his high release and it seemed like he was almost passing down toward his receivers on the short over the middle passes.  But I don't think he will play again until TT is injured, or if there are other garbage time situations, or if the team is mathematically eliminated and the last game becomes meaningless.

Practice what you preach.  Just like this offseason.  Are you on the bus or not?  Ok now midseason are going in same directions and are you aiding in success or defeat.  Because, you are a good lockeroom guy or person doesnt matter. Thats already been decided you and whoever is.  Who is playing the best football.  To me Milano goes in, elston sees more snaps.  Taylor indiviually, than the captains are all aware that if the play doesnt improve than the rookie is going in to spark the offense.  Just look at dallas houston, philly, and LA and tell me we are tanking for playing the younger qb.  First though Milano goes in to put the vets at notice a bit and not get comfortable.

49 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Add that to the list of concepts that escape you. I didn't even mention Taylor's name or reference his performance. 

Tyrod's miserable performance has no bearing on my opinion that you shouldn't attempt to extrapolate meaningful information about Peterman's play from a ridiculous sample set against a prevent defense.  Try again. 

Instead of continuing to be a douche by using irony in a sentence I’ll try to explain this simply.

QB 1 and QB 2 are facing roughly the same coverage and defensive effort in the last quarter of the game.

QB 1 sucks. QB 2 looks good.

A fair supposition would be that QB 2 is better than QB 1. 

The point of the thread is Peterman has QB skills and TT doesn’t therefore Peterman should play. 

If that’s an agenda, it’s my kind of agenda.