Peterman vs. Chargers?

Watkins101

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I'd rather wait and start him against a team like Indy so he can catch up to game speed against a bad team

Why put him in now. Get the most reps and tape and see if you want to hang your hat on him next year (would be the wrong move should draft a QB early still no matter what)

1 minute ago, Watkins101 said:

You have a proven vet, who the team elected as a CAPTAIN is suddenly reduced to a clipboard holder. It could create division between supporters of the desicision and those against it. This could create large tension

But your Process. So again is that smoke and mirrors or true accountability. And by proven you mean what AVG at best and not good enough for a long term run?

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Watkins101 said:

The reason I would not start him is it could ruin the locker room

Yeah, it really depends on what the situation is like there.

From the comments in the preseason, it seems like the players really like Peterman, though.

The players know how it is in the NFL. As long as the move makes sense to them, they won't turn on the coach. So, if the staff makes this decision now, they need to get the players to buy in first. That may take a couple weeks of extra campaigning.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why put him in now. Get the most reps and tape and see if you want to hang your hat on him next year (would be the wrong move should draft a QB early still no matter what)

But your Process. So again is that smoke and mirrors or true accountability. And by proven you mean what AVG at best and not good enough for a long term run?

Proven that he is good enough to play in the NFL and win games

10 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

The reason I would not start him is it could ruin the locker room

The receivers would probably be doing backflips if Peterman was named starter. They'd know that they would probably be getting more passes thrown their way.  TT refuses to throw to them.

Unfortunately, McD said TT is still the starter.

Edited by suorangefan4

Just now, Watkins101 said:

Proven that he is good enough to play in the NFL and win games

Which means what???  How many games has he won on his own without the defense playing lights out etc etc 

he is like a Rookie that has been in the league and started a ton now 

This team has been downright awful the last two weeks, maybe starting Peterman could bring a spark.............

but McDermott wouldn't have the balls in a million years to do it. If I was the HC I would CERTAINLY do it. Taylor is not the answer and WE ALL KNOW IT.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I honestly can't watch another 100 yard game for Tyrod so, let's do it.  Have him practice with the 1s this week.