Gameday Thread Bills vs Saints 2nd Half

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Jacksonville and Tennessee are losing.   Bills lose no ground in the wild card hunt if both lose

When I say practically over what I mean is the Bills are going to have to play perfect ball the rest of the way.  Maybe they can lose the Pats games but that's about it.  They need to beat everybody else.  I thought Tyrod played well last week but this week he was absolute garbage.  Start Peterman.  If we make it we make it.  If we don't we probably wouldn't have at this point anyways.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Disagree; look at the nut and bolt mechanics of how he quarterbacks.

There is a lot you can evaluate there.

His incompletion to DT in the end zone is a good example of this point. He missed the throw but he knew he had him 1 on 1 with no help. Before the snap he decided he was going to take a shot. He looked left, shifted right and let it fly, very decisive.

9 minutes ago, Billznut said:

If the coaching staff plays Peterman next week and from now on and he does well, it makes the coaching staff look idiotic for keeping him on the bench. They will NEVER start him this year. 

Not really.  He is a rookie.  They can chalk it up to development.

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You have to factor it into your analysis. It's a different game when defenses are trying to stop you than when they're up 44 points.

Actually i don't.  56 yards passing all game gets ZERO respect. TT is a goner for me... his mediocre 130 yard passing games are brutal enough to "analyze". 56 yards deserves NO analysis...

Just now, dneveu said:

300 yards rushing... seriously... after 200 to the jets... this team will not win a game if we keep this up.  We could have Brees and it wouldn't matter.

We didn't even force a punt today. Not one.

That's the most alarming part of the past two weeks: the defense, Sean's specialty, looks worse than the offense and the offense looks putrid.

It's going to be a painful end of the year. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No doubt. I didn't mean that it's meaningless, just something that makes a difference. 

Taylor isn't the guy. I'm fine with moving on but I don't think Peterman is the guy either (personally). 

Fair enough. I like TT, but it just seems like he has been exposed as just a good backup. 

I doubt Peterman will be all that much better. He is able to get the ball out fast, which would open up the running game.

I'm not calling Peterman a savior just yet, that was against a prevent D without the game on the line. That was essentially practice squad but he was getting the ball out very quick and taking shots, something we haven't had. McD has a tough choice to make, I know for alot of fans it's a simple choice but changing QBs midseason is never easy for an offense.

Just now, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Actually i don't.  56 yards passing all game gets ZERO respect. TT is a goner for me... his mediocre 130 yard passing games are brutal enough to "analyze". 56 yards deserves NO analysis...

You're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying it's worthless or saying TT is the man. Just pointing out that QB's look very different when they're playing against prevent defense (and back ups at that) than they do when they're facing actual pressure in a game that isn't decided.

Peterman looked okay... better than Taylor ... against a defense who already had the game salted away. It's pertinent information to factor in. :beer: 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's the most alarming part of the past two weeks: the defense, Sean's specialty, looks worse than the offense and the offense looks putrid.

It's going to be a painful end of the year. 

I was most concerned about the D going into this game. Now-- I just don't know what to say.