College Basketball 2017-2018

YoloinOhio

Welcome, College b-ball season! Starts tonight. I know there are a lot of Cuse fans here. I follow OSU and Dayton. I also follow UB a bit.  I do watch every Buckeye regular season game  even though they haven’t been good in years (new coach this year came over from Butler, but still “rebuilding”). Many people don’t bother with the regular season and only tune in March. 

Anyone else excited?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I tune in for the November tournies and pay some attention during the regular season and a lot during March Madness.

And anything that has Bill Walton on the air, I think he's calling the UCLA game from China this weekend.

39 minutes ago, row_33 said:

How is Cuse supposed to perform this season?

I'm anticipating a tough year for the Orange.  Very young team.  A lot of talented but very raw guards/small forwards.  Not much size.  They will struggle mightily in ACC play.  Next year will be much better.

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I'm anticipating a tough year for the Orange.  Very young team.  A lot of talented but very raw guards/small forwards.  Not much size.  They will struggle mightily in ACC play.  Next year will be much better.

Fair enough, hope they get a bid in March to the better tournament.

32 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Also predicting a tough year for Cuse.  Every year we list all of the games up for sale.  The games we want to go to we list at crazy prices.  Yesterday 3 games sold!.  Cornell, Virginia, and BC?!  Glad they sold now because I have a feeling it's going to get ugly this year.  Apparently the start of the season hype has some people eager.  Should be an easy win tonight though for Cuse (hopefully).

20 of the top 25 ranked teams play tonight

Texas A&M vs West Virginia the only non-cupcake matchup

Duke/Sparty Tuesday night with Kentucky/Kansas to follow 30 after they are done...

gotta love them killing each other in rankings and then letting a Gonzaga go the final without seeing a real opponent from December 1st to the Final last season...

Edited by row_33

Xavier tips off at 7:00PM, exactly the time of my reservations for my son’s B-Day dinner. We let him pick the place. I should have told him it had to include a take out window. Stupid amateur mistake! Firing up the DVR. 

55 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Bwahahahaha!!!   Get real...

You're right Johnny...............its more than NYS

427502_10150676595367431_713767430_92624

Let's Go Bonnies....................Thrash those Purple Chickens !........................(even without Adams)

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Hoops fans can't wait for USC's first legit basketball win in 50 years or so.

When I was a kid, when it came to USC- UCLA, I rooted for USC in hoops and UCLA in football.  It was a losing proposition. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm Michigan in football and Michigan in basketball.

Not sure what to expect from them this year, although it'll be fun to see how Moritz Wagner continues to play.

Could be another scrappy team that could get hot at the right time, just like last year. Although there are a lot of young players on the roster.

Schedule is not easy with a possible game against Notre Dame in Maui, road trip to face North Carolina in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge, a home game against UCLA, and travelling to East Lansing for their only game against Michigan State.

We'll see what John Beilein can get out of these guys. GO BLUE!!!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Boeheim vs Boeheim to kick off the real basketball season in NY!!!!!  Go Orange!!!!

They looked better than I had anticipated.  I really like Sidibe in the middle.  Great recruiting job by GMac to reel him in.  He's gonna be a good center for years to come.  Battle is gonna be Battle.  He's our best player by far, and it looks like he put on 20 pounds of muscle.  I'm concerned about scoring, but I think we way be able to put something together between Howard, Brissett and Thorpe.  Brissett seems to have tons of potential, and Thorpe can really take it to the hoop.  The zone looked pretty darn good.  Moved well for this stage in the season with a lot of new players.  Not a bad start against a very mediocre Ivy League team.

How bout Cal getting stomped and Pitt going down to Navy?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

They looked better than I had anticipated.  I really like Sidibe in the middle.  Great recruiting job by GMac to reel him in.  He's gonna be a good center for years to come.  Battle is gonna be Battle.  He's our best player by far, and it looks like he put on 20 pounds of muscle.  I'm concerned about scoring, but I think we way be able to put something together between Howard, Brissett and Thorpe.  Brissett seems to have tons of potential, and Thorpe can really take it to the hoop.  The zone looked pretty darn good.  Moved well for this stage in the season with a lot of new players.  Not a bad start against a very mediocre Ivy League team.

How bout Cal getting stomped and Pitt going down to Navy?

agree about Sidibe, he and Dolezai are playing better than their counter parts, Chukwu hasn't impressed me in the 3 outings so far.  Thorpe hopefully can shake his injuries.  Howard is looking much better and Washington is very nice off the bench.  Scoring does seem to be an issue, but looks like the defense will be really tough this year

6 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

agree about Sidibe, he and Dolezai are playing better than their counter parts, Chukwu hasn't impressed me in the 3 outings so far.  Thorpe hopefully can shake his injuries.  Howard is looking much better and Washington is very nice off the bench.  Scoring does seem to be an issue, but looks like the defense will be really tough this year

I forgot to mention Dolezaj!  Oh my, he looks like a 15 year old kid out there, but I think he is going to be very, very good for us.  He just seems to be in the right place all the time.  High basketball IQ kid.  I think he will push Moyer for minutes off the bench in a hurry.  I understand that he is a pretty solid shooter as well, but is reluctant to shoot much while he gets his feet wet.  Give him a year in the strength and conditioning program and watch out!

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wow!  Impressive.  Wisky is one of the toughest places to play in college basketball. 

Two years ago they knocked us out with a fall away 3 from the corner at the buzzer in the second round. Last March I was in Orlando for the first 2 rounds (X was there) and met a couple dozen Wisconsin fans the first night. It’s was 2-3 generations of guys who picked a warm weather spot every year. They went for the Tourney, not just following Wisconsin. 

These guys were CRAZY!  I bought a few of them a pitcher my first night there, then we became blood brothers!  It was pure crazy!  Then next weekend we happened to be in Denver/Vail for the win over Arizona. One of the best months of my life. I do LOVE my college hoops! 

• 2 weeks later...