Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

ALF

5 hours ago, Paulus said:

Man, I really touched a sensitive spot with the faux cowboys here. 

You only touched a nerve because you singled out a group of people for their appearance and flat out stated that the world would be better off without them.

Based on their looks.

That makes you an a-hole.

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I guess some of you guys missed last week's Curb...

Image result for curb enthusiasm jeff green cowboy hat

Show hasn't lost a beat, although Jeff unfortunately relented.

13 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The GOP tax bill won't be finished until after this election. The tax bill is pretty unpopular. Has Moore weighed in on if he will support it? And the cuts the Medicare the GOP are talking about have to be issues weighing on Moore, also. If he loses, the tax bill is dead

If Jones pulls out the miracle and wins Alabama's Senate seat he wouldn't have the seat until January and the GOP looks well on its way to wrapping this up before Christmas.  Also,  Pence would simply break the 50-50 tie I believe as the vote was 51-49 in favor of the tax bill. 

However, if Jones does win then the Republicans will have trouble getting anything else done in the Senate like repealing and replacing Obamacare as they would only be able to lose two votes.

On Friday, December 01, 2017 at 9:47 AM, 3rdnlng said:

Azalin is a long-term, well respected poster here who is generally amenable and mild mannered. You as a newbe would do yourself a favor to limit yourself to only lurking until you are smart enough to obtain a map of the minefield.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Show hasn't lost a beat, although Jeff unfortunately relented.

If Jones pulls out the miracle and wins Alabama's Senate seat he wouldn't have the seat until January and the GOP looks well on its way to wrapping this up before Christmas.  Also,  Pence would simply break the 50-50 tie I believe as the vote was 51-49 in favor of the tax bill. 

However, if Jones does win then the Republicans will have trouble getting anything else done in the Senate like repealing and replacing Obamacare as they would only be able to lose two votes.

I was thinking along the lines of his win making other senators think twice about supporting the Senate-House reconciliation measure. The bill might be considered a factor in electing Jones. 

I've seen enough of this !@#$ to opine that he's a worthless piece of dog poo.   Doesn't surprise me one bit that Breitbart would endorse this guy.  He'll probably end up winning but he's going to go through all sorts of ethics investigations as soon as he is sworn in.

13 hours ago, Magox said:

I've seen enough of this !@#$ to opine that he's a worthless piece of dog poo.   Doesn't surprise me one bit that Breitbart would endorse this guy.  He'll probably end up winning but he's going to go through all sorts of ethics investigations as soon as he is sworn in.

Yep, I'd say that's both an accurate assessment as well as a reasonable prediction.

9 hours ago, Azalin said:

Yep, I'd say that's both an accurate assessment as well as a reasonable prediction.

That's about right, but when has the Senate ever considered bringing ethics charges against a sitting Senator when the events occurred prior to his becoming a Senator. Franken skated and will probably get reelected to boot. 

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

That's about right, but when has the Senate ever considered bringing ethics charges against a sitting Senator when the events occurred prior to his becoming a Senator. Franken skated and will probably get reelected to boot. 

This is the first time I've seen the Rs in the Senate so vehemently opposed to any of their own party gaining a senate seat. It may amount to nothing, but I think Magox is probably right about the ethics investigations. Moore may survive, but I think the Rs are really going to make a show of putting him through hell.

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

I don't care, if AL elects Moore, the conservatives lose credibility. Sucks to lose a Senate seat this way, but !@#$ that !@#$. 

No, conservatives won't lose credibility, and neither will the Republicans in general. Alabama will lose credibility.

4 minutes ago, Azalin said:

No, conservatives won't lose credibility, and neither will the Republicans in general. Alabama will lose credibility.

Alabama will only lose credibility with Democrats who already believe Alabama has no credibility.

And no one will care, because the Democrats have no credibility.  "Bimbo eruptions."  

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Alabama will only lose credibility with Democrats who already believe Alabama has no credibility.

And no one will care, because the Democrats have no credibility.  "Bimbo eruptions."  

I was going to ask if you meant "Arkansas" instead of "Alabama" but I remembered that there isn't enough of a difference to bother with the distinction.

2 minutes ago, garybusey said:

It's an election between 2 candidates. Debates are pretty common. He comes off as a coward by refusing to accept an invitation to debate someone he constantly demeans as weak on all sorts of issues.

Please don't ever try to become a Political Campaign Manager.

If you don't understand how the game is played, you'll get your candidate's ticket punched to the losing line.