Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

ALF

Just now, Nanker said:

Please don't ever try to become a Political Campaign Manager.

If you don't understand how the game is played, you'll get your candidate's ticket punched to the losing line.

Great - thanks!

Since I'm not a political campaign manager and am not trying to be one, I'll insert my own opinions where applicable. My opinion is Roy Moore is a coward for refusing to debate his opponent. 

12 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Great - thanks!

Since I'm not a political campaign manager and am not trying to be one, I'll insert my own opinions where applicable. My opinion is Roy Moore is a coward for refusing to debate his opponent. 

Can you think of any reasons why it might not be politically advantageous to debate?

12 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Great - thanks!

Great. And what advice do you think he's receiving.

BTW, I think he's creep of the first magnitude. However, we're discussing campaign tactics here.

It's not at all uncommon for candidates - especially ones that are leading in the polls - to refuse to debate their opponent.

It's filed under S for strategy, and T for tactics.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Can you think of any reasons why it might not be politically advantageous to debate?

Of course I understand why Roy Moore doesn't want to debate - he's been credibly accused by multiple women of being a pedophile. I don't think Roy understands, though... 

"We’ve refused to debate them because of their very liberal stance on transgenderism and transgenderism in the military and in bathrooms. They are desperate," Moore told Hannity.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359871-moore-i-refused-to-debate-democratic-opponent-because-of-stance-on

Just now, garybusey said:

Of course I understand why Roy Moore doesn't want to debate - he's been credibly accused by multiple women of being a pedophile. I don't think Roy understands, though... 

"We’ve refused to debate them because of their very liberal stance on transgenderism and transgenderism in the military and in bathrooms. They are desperate," Moore told Hannity.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359871-moore-i-refused-to-debate-democratic-opponent-because-of-stance-on

You think Moore doesn't understand?

Can you think of any reasons why Roy Moore might not tell an interviewer that he won't debate because he's being accused of being a pedophile?

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

No, conservatives won't lose credibility, and neither will the Republicans in general. Alabama will lose credibility.

Alabama conservatives*

Still, it is such an important seat you are seeing conservatives outside Alabama endorse the guy, despite the allegations. Those conservatives do represent other districts. Though I tend to agree with you, an argument could be made regarding the sacrifice of morality in exchange for power/control would tarnish plenty of conservatives outside of Alabama. 

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Alabama conservatives*

Still, it is such an important seat you are seeing conservatives outside Alabama endorse the guy, despite the allegations. Those conservatives do represent other districts. Though I tend to agree with you, an argument could be made regarding the sacrifice of morality in exchange for power/control would tarnish plenty of conservatives outside of Alabama. 

Any Democratic hand-wringing over this rapidly loses credibility over the simple fact that they want "the other guy" removed over allegations, while they support "their guy" in the face of actual photographic evidence.

It's all posturing bull ****.  Doesn't mean anything, and nothing will change.  

3 hours ago, garybusey said:

It's an election between 2 candidates. Debates are pretty common. He comes off as a coward by refusing to accept an invitation to debate someone he constantly demeans as weak on all sorts of issues.

I see that most of my rebuttals have been covered by other posters. Tell me, wouldn't you compare Moore's refusal to debate with a defendants right to not take the stand? Is that defendant a coward?

3 hours ago, Paulus said:

Alabama conservatives*

You may know more with regards to specifics in this instance, but all the congressional conservatives I can think of are calling for Moore to step aside, so I don't know what representatives of other districts you're referring to.

48 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You may know more with regards to specifics in this instance, but all the congressional conservatives I can think of are calling for Moore to step aside, so I don't know what representatives of other districts you're referring to.

If I had time I am sure I could find more specific references, but I seem to remember, whether legitimate or not, hearing claims that Trump supported a vote for Moore. I know I remember hearing other reports of cons supporting Moore, I just don't remember the specific who/when/how.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Any Democratic hand-wringing over this rapidly loses credibility over the simple fact that they want "the other guy" removed over allegations, while they support "their guy" in the face of actual photographic evidence.

It's all posturing bull ****.  Doesn't mean anything, and nothing will change.  

I agree, I am just referring to this specific instance. 

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

GOP to elect accused child molester 

Stop... It subtracts from a conversation when people act like one side has more degenerates than the other. Further, I'm not sure he even wins. 

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

Stop... It subtracts from a conversation when people act like one side has more degenerates than the other. Further, I'm not sure he even wins. 

Funny, I've been listening to Howard Stern from 3 weeks ago when this all began with Roy Moore and listening to him vilify the whole GOP. Saying that Alabama shouldn't be allowed to vote for a senator because they shouldn't elect a man like this who has molested people, and even talked about how people wanted Jeff sessions to resign and bwck tof Alabama. The best quote was that sessions could even be trusted because he lied to Al Franken, right to his face and Al Franken was one of the only Senator to have the wherewithal to question sessions.