What, no comp pick discussion--it's week 10.

TPS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep track on this game forward statistically of hoe those 3 do. Cause VLad shouldn’t be on this team, Holmes is basically depth and ST, and Davis plays like 15 snaps a game tops and is ST.

I see what you’re saying. I think this team could finish the same with or without these guys.

But I think it’s to the point the Leadership and McD want to show some loyalty, so they keep these guys. Which is fine too.

We trade a multi time pro bowler, at a ridiculous dead cap figure, for a very late round pick, but won't release 3 almost scubs for a 3rd.  Oh. I sense a serious ego over intelligence issue with this team. But no one ever accused of this team's management of being overly intelligent. All hail the egotistical "process" and blind loyalty to the "process"!

54 minutes ago, TPS said:

I'm shocked!  This is week 10, do or die for Vlad, Davis, and Holmes...

There would probably more discussion if they were say 2-6. I don’t see them cutting starters/contributors when they currently sit in a playoff spot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

There would probably more discussion if they were say 2-6. I don’t see them cutting starters/contributors when they currently sit in a playoff spot.

This.

After how the team is played this year they started adding talent instead of droppin them for picks like in preseason.

41 minutes ago, simpleman said:

We trade a multi time pro bowler, at a ridiculous dead cap figure, for a very late round pick, but won't release 3 almost scubs for a 3rd.  Oh. I sense a serious ego over intelligence issue with this team. But no one ever accused of this team's management of being overly intelligent. All hail the egotistical "process" and blind loyalty to the "process"!

For the umpteenth time, the trade of Dareus had very little to do with attempting to acquire "value" via draft picks/players than getting rid of a player who doesn't fit the team they envision who has severely underperformed his humongous contract.

2 hours ago, simpleman said:

Can you in very simpleton like terms explain what effect not being blindly loyal to the process will do?

Ducasse IS THE starting RG, I'm pretty sure he's not being cut for a comp. pick...

Debate his ability and his merit as the starting RG all you want, but as long as he is that starter. This is a non-discussion

Those players are either starters or have been rotating as depth.  With all the injuries we've had this season, I'm shocked people would just throw away 3 solid depth players.  We would be a super thin team just waiting for an injury or two at those positions to blowup this solid season.  They aren't being overly intelligent, they just want some depth on this team and the depth has been a huge part of our success.  How many times have we seen the next man up play well...that's what intelligent teams do. If it was one player than maybe but three is a lot of depth to cut from a team in the middle of the year.

2 hours ago, simpleman said:

Did you think letting Gilmore walk in favor of Tre White was a good idea? Just curious.

I believe Beane and McDermott like what they still have in hand already for the upcoming draft. I also think that it would be foolish to cut players who are actually playing a role on this team for the sake of a Comp Pick. They are all in with this "family" atmosphere and building team chemistry. Why do something that could upset that?

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I fully agree with this. These players may not be super stars, but they have contributed to the team.

I do not see any of these players being cut. Compensatory picks are nice, but everyone will have to be satisfied with the 8 picks we have next year.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was a little sarcastic Yolo, since it seemed to be so important to posters for months.