Tired.....Tired. Really

Foreigner

I posted a earlier topic a couple of days ago about maybe the defense just quit Thursday with all the missed tackles, etc.

and I was surprised how many comments were posted that the team was tired from the Sunday game against the Raiders.

I actually thought the offense was okay considering there was no back up halfback and I believe no WR that could be 1 or2

on most other NFL teams. The offense also did not lay down coming down the field for 2 late scores, and who knows

what would have happened had we recovered the 2nd onside kick. And remember the defense allowed 3 running plays

to allow the Jets a first down to end the game.

Anyway, tired; tired;  give me a break.

Tired is carrying a lunch bag or box 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year, total commuting maybe over a hour, maybe working a

6th day, and maybe working a evening shift to pay the mortgage. Tired is not playing football when it counts  maybe 30 minutes

a day for 8 days a year. And with McDermott rotating defense lineman, they usually are not even out there for 30 minutes.

For those 30 minutes, the pay is more than most make in a full year. I am not saying they don,t beat up their bodies for maybe

a short career, and deserve their money, but tired. I don,t believe after Sunday afternoons game, any of the defense had to toil

9-5  the next few days to bring home a pay check and then go drive to the airport Thursday to get a commercial Jet to go to

New York or Newark and they were tired that evening. 

Besides, it has been said that all teams have shall we say candy in their locker rooms to give them energy or help their aches

and pains.

So tired, I don,t buy it , so lets hope we get an all out performance Sunday and on the road the rest of the year to put a end to

this topic.    

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

I posted a earlier topic a couple of days ago about maybe the defense just quit Thursday with all the missed tackles, etc.

and I was surprised how many comments were posted that the team was tired from the Sunday game against the Raiders.

I actually thought the offense was okay considering there was no back up halfback and I believe no WR that could be 1 or2

on most other NFL teams. The offense also did not lay down coming down the field for 2 late scores, and who knows

what would have happened had we recovered the 2nd onside kick. And remember the defense allowed 3 running plays

Tired is carrying a lunch bag or box 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year, total commuting maybe over a hour, maybe working a

6th day, and maybe working a evening shift to pay the mortgage. Tired is not playing football when it counts  maybe 30 minutes

a day for 8 days a year. And with McDermott rotating defense lineman, they usually are not even out there for 30 minutes.

For those 30 minutes, the pay is more than most make in a full year. I am not saying they don,t beat up their bodies for maybe

a short career, and deserve their money, but tired. I don,t believe after Sunday afternoons game, any of the defense had to toil

9-5  the next few days to bring home a pay check and then go drive to the airport Thursday to get a commercial Jet to go to

Besides, it has been said that all teams have shall we say candy in their locker rooms to give them energy or help their aches

and pains.

So tired, I don,t buy it , so lets hope we get an all out performance Sunday and on the road the rest of the year to put a end to

this topic.    

You work 9 to 5, 5 days a week, sometimes 6, and you have to COMMUTE!!  As if that wasn't torture enough they make you fly commercial like cattle?  The indignity of it all!!! 

What kind of sweatshop are you working in? 

23 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

and pains.

this topic.    

This team is overperforming....if you cant see that then I dont know what to tell you

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You work 9 to 5, 5 days a week, sometimes 6, and you have to COMMUTE!!  As if that wasn't torture enough they make you fly commercial like cattle?  The indignity of it all!!! 

What kind of sweatshop are you working in? 

3 squares and a bed to sleep on? He’s making plates.  

Of course we were until Thursday night, but people on this board were mocking a Jets reporter before the

game that said the Bills were over rated. Most all of us said we will show everybody Thursday, and we put

up almost no fight and got slaughtered.

25 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

and pains.

this topic.    

I'm just guessing that you don't have 250 lbs athletes hitting you at your work on a regular basis.  Do you guys have Neurologists studying your brain for CTE?  

There was an article where they put measuring devices on players to measure the impact of hits.  This was a college and it was a practice scrimmage.  The average player in this practice was experiencing up to and equivalent of multiple head on car crashes at 30 mph.  It's going to be higher at the NFL AND with the adrenaline of a game.

You acknowledged it....they beat up their bodies.  You don't know what that feels like....none at all.

2 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Of course we were until Thursday night, but people on this board were mocking a Jets reporter before the

game that said the Bills were over rated. Most all of us said we will show everybody Thursday, and we put

Did you think we were gonna win every game?

2 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Are you running for the President of the Bitching and Complaining Club?

LOL at the guy saying working 9-5 and commuting to work is difficult.

Assuming you sit in front of a computer and sometimes go to the water cooler? Man, life is tough.

And you only get 2 PAID vacations a year? That's crazy.

Would much rather have 250lb men chasing me for a living and causing brain damaging concussions when they hit me hundreds of times.

Edited by Rigotz