Tired.....Tired. Really

Foreigner

5 hours ago, Foreigner said:

I posted a earlier topic a couple of days ago about maybe the defense just quit Thursday with all the missed tackles, etc.

and I was surprised how many comments were posted that the team was tired from the Sunday game against the Raiders.

I actually thought the offense was okay considering there was no back up halfback and I believe no WR that could be 1 or2

on most other NFL teams. The offense also did not lay down coming down the field for 2 late scores, and who knows

what would have happened had we recovered the 2nd onside kick. And remember the defense allowed 3 running plays

to allow the Jets a first down to end the game.

Anyway, tired; tired;  give me a break.

Tired is carrying a lunch bag or box 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year, total commuting maybe over a hour, maybe working a

6th day, and maybe working a evening shift to pay the mortgage. Tired is not playing football when it counts  maybe 30 minutes

a day for 8 days a year. And with McDermott rotating defense lineman, they usually are not even out there for 30 minutes.

For those 30 minutes, the pay is more than most make in a full year. I am not saying they don,t beat up their bodies for maybe

a short career, and deserve their money, but tired. I don,t believe after Sunday afternoons game, any of the defense had to toil

9-5  the next few days to bring home a pay check and then go drive to the airport Thursday to get a commercial Jet to go to

New York or Newark and they were tired that evening. 

Besides, it has been said that all teams have shall we say candy in their locker rooms to give them energy or help their aches

and pains.

So tired, I don,t buy it , so lets hope we get an all out performance Sunday and on the road the rest of the year to put a end to

this topic.    

Lamp lamp lamp

Apparently you are not tired of seeking attention.  

I think it’s been covered. Short week, on the road, against a team that’s better than expected, playing with a bunch of older players on the roster.......stinkers happen. 

Wait...so you state you already started a thread to discuss the game...now you feel you needed to start a NEW thread to discuss the responses to your original thread rather than just post this in that thread as part of the continued discussion?  :blink:

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wait...so you state you already started a thread to discuss the game...now you feel you needed to start a NEW thread to discuss the responses to your original thread rather than just post this in that thread as part of the continued discussion?  :blink:

3 posts above you defined it perfectly.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

THAT wouldn’t get enough attention.  :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

THAT wouldn’t get enough attention.  :wacko:

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

3 posts above you defined it perfectly.

Yeah...Feels like more of this is gonna continue as a by-product of the new "reputation" system.  Lots of attention seekers trying to get little hearts...seen some posters like 10 times more active since the launch.  Hmmm...maybe a thumbs down to take points away would be a good deterrent and counter.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah...Feels like more of this is gonna continue as a by-product of the new "reputation" system.  Lots of attention seekers trying to get little hearts...seen some posters like 10 times more active since the launch.  Hmmm...maybe a thumbs down to take points away would be a good deterrent and counter.  

He’s getting ZERO likes for that already played garbage. I think it’s just a sad attempt to get some attention. My college hoops board has the “negative” option. It makes feelings obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think if you're going to have rep points, it should go both ways but it is to my understanding that, well, neg rep might hurt little feelings for some.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I think if you're going to have rep points, it should go both ways but it is to my understanding that, well, neg rep might hurt little feelings for some.

Well I think if your cant handle negative feedback, internet chat boards are probably not the best place for ones self esteem in the first place lol.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

absolutely!

You liked me!  You really liked me!  YAY!  hahaha.  This is what the OP wish he was saying right now.  

I got an idea...lets put a thumbs down button and thumbs up button, doesn't have to affect your "rep" points thought.  But each month, the 10 posters with the most thumbs down get their username renamed and avatar changed for the next month by the 10 posters with the most thumbs up that month.  Hahaha that would be fun.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You liked me!  You really liked me!  YAY!  hahaha.  This is what the OP wish he was saying right now.  

I got an idea...lets put a thumbs down button and thumbs up button, doesn't have to affect your "rep" points thought.  But each month, the 10 posters with the most thumbs down get their username renamed and avatar changed for the next month by the 10 posters with the most thumbs up that month.  Hahaha that would be fun.

Do you two need to get a room? :D 

Our offensive linemen were falling on their backs every other play, just getting thrown around like ragdolls.

We do have some old guys on the OL in Wood and Richie, plus a totally useless RG in Ducasse who the coaching staff is in love with for some reason. I could see fatigue playing a role in not being 100% gung-ho to hit and get physical. If you go in not really up to it you are going to get embarrassed in this league.

Sorry, but the OP's argument is tired. Have you ever been to the gym and really really wrung yourself out? Because after a rough arm day I'm fairly useless for a couple days as far as strength and flexibility. These guys exert themselves as hard as they can on Sunday, not just running against air, but smashing into other elite athletes who are exerting themselves just as hard. It takes at least 2-3 days just to physically recover from that, assuming they haven't pulled something. Thursday games are difficult, you can't discount that. Now, the other team is playing with a similar level of discomfort and fatigue, that's a given. But you can't say that there are no excuses, there are plenty of mitigating factors to performing poorly on Thursday. Bottom line is we played poorly in all facets of the game though.