First coach fired is going to be......

BmarvB

The thing you guys need to realize is that Gase had the Dolphins in the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record. Gase has a big excuse in that his starting QB is on IR in Tallywhacker. That Miami offense is currently 32nd while the defense is 15th in points allowed, 7th in yards allowed. 

McAdoo had his NY Giant in the playoffs last year too with a record of 11-5 and the team added WR Brandon Marshall to an already good WR corps. It's not his fault that ODB, BM are on IR and Shepard has been fighting an ankle injury. 15 Giants players on IR at this time. That's mostly the issue with the passing offense. The run game is horrid and the defense is almost as bad. I can see McAdoo keeping his job and replacing DC Steve Spagnuolo and or OC Mike Sullivan might be in the Cards.

On another note, Indy has been not so great since Luck's shoulder injury in 2015 going 8-8, 8-8 and now currently 3-6. There is talk that Luck's career might be over...https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-colts-linebacker-thinks-andrew-lucks-nfl-career-is-over-despite-gms-comments/

Marvin Lewis needs to go.

Ron Rivera has to be on the hotseat despite the winning record. He's a joke. 

Arians and pagano are terrible coaches, too.  Never understand the love for either. 

Edited by Boyst62

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What? I’m talking about Hugh Jackson 

Sorry, just noticed that. I was thinking Denver.

Hue hasn't been great, but he has nothing to work with and the front office there is a train wreck into a dumpster fire. I give him credit for having 1 win. The browns don't want to blow things up again but I think they will clean houseupstairs and give Hue a chance with a new front office first to try and keep some consistency. You can't fully blame him for their record.

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

McAdoo deserves to be  the first to go. In addition to the record and todays game,  the suspensions to DRC and Jenkins lead me to believe he's lost the locker room. But the Giants aren't usually prone to knee-jerk reactions so he may last longer than he would in another organization.

Pagano has my vote in large part because I think Irsay is more impulsive.

Hue Jackson is a contender because, um, well the Browns. But more to the point there was a story out today that Jackson and the coaching staff thought the GM intentionally scuttled the McCarron trade

If luck was playing I'd agree. Maybe even some of it depends on how this years rookie head coaches do. If they continue succeeding it's going to fuel the notion the right guy wins, the wrong guy has a perpetual plan to win next year

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Hue Jackson has been a disaster as HC in Cleveland but most were going to fail there regardless.

I would love to see us fire Dennison and replace him with Jackson who has always been a strong and aggressive OC.

I get why guys take the Cleveland job..  but man it's a guaranteed suicide mission every time. 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If luck was playing I'd agree. Maybe even some of it depends on how this years rookie head coaches do. If they continue succeeding it's going to fuel the notion the right guy wins, the wrong guy has a perpetual plan to win next year

I get why guys take the Cleveland job..  but man it's a guaranteed suicide mission every time. 

Ironically Mike Pettine is one of the few to have success there in recent years and they dumped him for Hue Jackson.

My guess would be in this order:

1. Dirk Koetter (in 2 weeks)
  2. Hugh Jackson (week after Koetter)
  3. Chuck Pagano (between week 14-17)
  4. Ben McAdoo (after season finale)
  5. Marvin Lewis (week or two after Super Bowl)
  6. John Harbaugh (surprise firing, but will happen around the same time Marvin Lewis gets canned)

Harbaugh will likely get the Giants job while John Gruden takes over the Colts. The Bucs might sign Marvin Lewis. Ravens will land Josh McDaniels. Browns will end up with Jim Shwartz, and the Bengals will end up signing Jim Bob Cooter as their next coach.

41 minutes ago, Sweats said:

It's gotta be McAdoo..........the dude has completely lost his team.

Has to be McAdoo.

How does an offense throw a screen pass to a WR on 3rd and 33 and that receiver goes 53 yards for the TD, UNTOUCHED by the defense! That should tell you all you need to know about that team and the coach that leads them.

15 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Hue Jackson is a pretty sure bet, but he’ll probably have to coach out the season first. McAdoo will probably get the axe before then. 

The problems in Cleveland have to do much more with the disconnect between Hue and the GM/FO. They don't have much to work with again given the disconnect I would not be surprised if it was Hue.

I think the first one that goes will be MCadoo 

Lots of coaches on the hot seat this year that are reasonable to get fired.  I actually think there will be a lot of job openings after the season, maybe 5 to 8 this year.  

Since the thread said "FIRST" its harder to say because that could be an in season firing.  McAdoo I think would be the easier choice because of 100 reasons, however, he has one minor thing that might prolong him to not be "first" or even at all this year...and that is all the injuries to an already mediocre roster at best.  That might be his saving grace.  

My pick:  Koetter

Is there really any bigger underperforming team in the NFL this year?  There are a lot of let down teams looking around the NFL, but I dont think any bigger flop than the Bucs.  I think he is a strong candidate to be an in season firing to send a message to the team.  McAdoo right there as well, but I think he might have more of a leash than he should due to circumstances above.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lots of coaches on the hot seat this year that are reasonable to get fired.  I actually think there will be a lot of job openings after the season, maybe 5 to 8 this year.  

Since the thread said "FIRST" its harder to say because that could be an in season firing.  McAdoo I think would be the easier choice because of 100 reasons, however, he has one minor thing that might prolong him to not be "first" or even at all this year...and that is all the injuries to an already mediocre roster at best.  That might be his saving grace.  

My pick:  Koetter

Is there really any bigger underperforming team in the NFL this year?  There are a lot of let down teams looking around the NFL, but I dont think any bigger flop than the Bucs.  I think he is a strong candidate to be an in season firing to send a message to the team.  McAdoo right there as well, but I think he might have more of a leash than he should due to circumstances above.

Koetter was a very good college OC and then got the ASU head job and rather quickly was rather lousy. Then got an NFL job, was a pretty good OC and got the HC job and rather quickly was rather lousy. 

Koetter's Way.